Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI here is a good video to see external details of a real Bronco for scale purposes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWi7xYE2JWg

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
      I forgot to add that I wired up all my servos today and started to run all the extensions. I will have 6 servo connections in one boom and five in the other. This is in addition to the battery leads coming from each boom. A wiring nightmare if you don't bundle them up and label them. I also were unable to find a 2.25 three bladed spinner other than carbon fiber. When I finally get it in the air and figure out which props I'm going to use, it will have no spinners at first. I guess I'll have to get some custom made for that final touch. The other issue I have mentioned before is that the landing gear is much too stiff as it comes in the kit. I'll have to see about changing the springs so they get some kind of movement. If you haven't checked the gear yet, do so and you'll see how they are way too stiff.
      If you measure the face of the engine nacelle, it comes out to right about 2.5". Dubro sells a 2.5" 3 blade spinner. I just ordered two from Tower Hobbies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
        I forgot to add that I wired up all my servos today and started to run all the extensions. I will have 6 servo connections in one boom and five in the other. This is in addition to the battery leads coming from each boom. A wiring nightmare if you don't bundle them up and label them.
        These are great. Makes multiple connections a breeze. Would be great if MRC carried them for the BH wood ARFs.

Comment

• I second the motion for the 2.5" and if going by the manual there are two different call outs for spinner size with 2.5" being correct. Also on the gang block connectors, those will be a must have to prevent issues and having to partially disassemble at the field to reconnect. They are becoming more readily available so check around.
          Most all my parts i have ordered should be inbound so looking to start after i finish up with the EDF Jet Jam in Indiana.

Comment

• I will definitely be picking up the OV-10 in the fall. Right now I have spent my yearly allotment and then some on some planes this year. I hope that by then everyone will have figured out a really good list of parts to pick up. I have my scheme already picked out. I don't mind that it's in Balsa with a lot more assembly required than a foamie. Bring it on :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by slamdance64 View Post
              I will definitely be picking up the OV-10 in the fall. Right now I have spent my yearly allotment and then some on some planes this year. I hope that by then everyone will have figured out a really good list of parts to pick up. I have my scheme already picked out. I don't mind that it's in Balsa with a lot more assembly required than a foamie. Bring it on :-)
              Hey!!! Love the avatar.... The joy on your face makes the pic!!! Blessings Bro!!! :Cool: Jerry

Comment

• I'm familiar with the multi servo connectors. I have them in a few planes. The problem with this plane is that you have two servo wires in each wing, three in one boom, two in the other, and a BEC wire. All those wires have to unite before going into the fuselage. Once in the fuselage, you have Ys for the ailerons, throttles, flaps, and triple Ys for the rudder and landing gear out of the receiver. Not that I can't use them at that point, but as you can see it's a lot of wires and they have to be able to be removed if you break the plane down for transport. Luckily I have a trailer to transport my planes so I imagine that once I get it all together, it might stay in one piece. Also, I did some disassembly of the landing struts to see if I could change the spring to get a softer compression, but it looks like the spring is not removeable. I don't know how it's put into the strut but I couldn't figure out a way to get it out. If someone else figures it out, please post it. Like I said before, the spring is very hard to compress and I don't see it cushioning the plane on landing as it is now. I'm curious if Alpha noticed this back when he was flying it in China.

Comment

• I have been lurking on this thread, as I will definably be buying one of these in the fall. Was planning to get one sooner, but just had some family issues. Anyway, I already have two E-Flite Power 32's, so I have been paying attention to Rosytime's posts. Hope you will do a nice write up on the maiden. ;)

Also, I want to paint mine, as I will be doing mine in the Cal Fire theme. Those planes fly over my house several times a year. VERY cool! So anyone that is planning on painting, I'm hoping you can post the process involved. I did read earlier about going over the covering with 0000 steel wool, clean it and paint it. But I was hoping someone actually does this to see how it comes out.

Thanks for all the information posted so far, and I'm really looking forward to getting this plane!

Comment

• Oh, and just by fluke, I was looking for a particular you tube video and accidently came across this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU_20BIVpSs

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Hey!!! Love the avatar.... The joy on your face makes the pic!!! Blessings Bro!!! :Cool: Jerry
                      Hey Jerry,

thanks for saying hi. I am fortunate that we have an awesome Flying Fighter museum about 1 hour from my house that provides great access to their collection.
                      Blessings to you as well Bro!

Comment

• Has anyone figured out a solution to the nose retract, untill the wave retract is available?

Comment

• Anyone doing a 3D print file for exhaust stacks? The model is "naked" without them..

Comment

• That’s something I might list as a con when I do my review!!! :Ligthbulb::Devil:

Comment

• I,m working on 3D printed exhaust pipes. I'll make them available after I tweek them.............

Comment

• I am also working on exhaust and may already have files for other items too. Anyone here familiar with the user “DirtyDee”, aka Chris from Chicago area? He is currently at JetJam and he had already built a 3D model to which to do STL files for. He maiden his fully 3D printed Airbus 330 yesterday and was great. I’ll get back as I find ouot more.
                                Check out his Airbus build in the Airliners/Cargo aircraft section on here or RCGroups.

Comment

• Collecting all the odds and ends for my build.

Power 46 motors
                                  CC 60 AMP ESc's ( I'll also be putting their in line capacitors )
                                  Spektrum 5040 sevos
                                  Retracts TBD
                                  I'll solder up my own extensions

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Yep, I think I will be using the Power 46 motors as well. They have an available bolt-on prop adapter. The power 32 only uses the clamp-on prop adapter which is too small to accomodate the spinner and three blade prop. Plus I'm not confident in the clamp strength of the Power 32 adapter.

Comment

• alright fellas, just pulled the trigger, Guess I'll stare blankly out the front window until I see the delivery truck pulling up ;)
                                      Please keep posting your tips and tricks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post
                                        Yep, I think I will be using the Power 46 motors as well. They have an available bolt-on prop adapter. The power 32 only uses the clamp-on prop adapter which is too small to accomodate the spinner and three blade prop. Plus I'm not confident in the clamp strength of the Power 32 adapter.
                                        I based my selection of the 46 for the same reason plus that's B-25 used and it was about the same weight.

Mike
                                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                                          I am also working on exhaust and may already have files for other items too. Anyone here familiar with the user “DirtyDee”, aka Chris from Chicago area? He is currently at JetJam and he had already built a 3D model to which to do STL files for. He maiden his fully 3D printed Airbus 330 yesterday and was great. I’ll get back as I find ouot more.
                                          Check out his Airbus build in the Airliners/Cargo aircraft section on here or RCGroups.
                                          just opened up my file that I stopped working on 2 years ago. Here is a pic of what I have.

Comment

Working...
                                          X