X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post

As we talked, a simple base of 3mm to cap the side against the boom should give plenty of support to with screw from the inside. What other secure way could we consider?
    Im thinking a base plate with 2 screws, both along the horizontal plane. This way it should be easy to mark and install on both sides, and prevent unwanted tilting. The exhaust and fairing piece will then clip onto the base, and be glued on with plastruct or acetone.

Comment

• Dirty Dee, If you will be offering the exhaust, Please put me down for a set. My Bronco should be arriving tomorrow :)

Comment

• Ok gents, I have the HobbyHangar/Uravitch 52" kit. Still virgin too!!! SO here are the pics of the T45 mains and Yak nose struts placed on the plans and can give a good size relationship
        for reference. I have a Turbinator jet and looking at the nose strut for that, i think it may work if i can machine a longer link to move the yoke closer to horizontal, not fully flat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nose gear.jpg
Views:	1314
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	201575Click image for larger version

Name:	main52.jpg
Views:	1201
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	201576Click image for larger version

Name:	pl-200_17.jpg
Views:	1181
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	201577

Comment

1/7 scale without mask, one with visor up and one with it down. Decap each at the knees and send unassembled at shoulders and waste. Should be getting mine soon but he was in the process of moving back to Evansville. I'll post pics once I get the crew.;)
          Mike and I emailed and ordered a couple. Short of retracts I have everything I need to begin the assembly.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post
            Hi all, i just bought the OV-10 and spent a great time looking for the electronic retracts. Today i chat with a MRC support agent and he told me that the suggested xwave retracts are going to be available around 3 to 4 months from now, so i'm wondering if anyone does have another retract options that are not sierra or Robart?.
            Did they mention if the set will have just 90 degree range or would the nose possibly have greater like 105 degrees? EFlite made a 60-120 nose unit that was 105 but they are discontinued. I happen to have one in my 90mm Hawk so it may have to be reallocated to the Bronco. Would be nice if the mains came as 95 degree!

Comment

Did they mention if the set will have just 90 degree range or would the nose possibly have greater like 105 degrees? EFlite made a 60-120 nose unit that was 105 but they are discontinued. I happen to have one in my 90mm Hawk so it may have to be reallocated to the Bronco. Would be nice if the mains came as 95 degree!
              I was thinking the same. 90 degree I don't think will cut it. I need to look at all my options.

Mike

Comment

• Here's what I've been eye ballin from JP Hobby for the main gear struts.

https://www.falconhobbysupply.com/jp...-jp-hobby.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bronco jp-hobby-jphst1004-10mm-main-landing-gear-jp-hobby.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.7 KB ID:	201647

I'm right there with Sam and haven't changed my mind yet about the YAK 130 nose strut.
                Just will have to pony up on this Bronco;) :Silly:for the 105 degree nose etract by Robart............two options.

https://robart.com/collections/retra...obostrut-ready
                https://robart.com/products/105-deg-...obostrut-ready
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Any measurements on those JP struts to get a size ref?

Comment

• I'm pretty confident that they are for the Sebart 1.8M Avanti XS ;)

See the link to the complete JP Hobby electric landing set for that Avanti at RC Castle
                     - Suitable For Sebart 1.8M Avanti XS Jet or Other Plane Up To 6 - 12Kgs.- With 65mm Electric Brake System.- Working Voltage:  7.4V - 8.4V ( 2S Li-Po )- Strut Diameter: 12mm- Retracts Mounting Plate Sizes: 36mm x 48mm- Front Wheel Diameter: 50mm- Rear Brake&nbsp

Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Kinda poked around about those retracts on the Avanti XS forums most seem to be pretty happy with them ( quality wise) . You can actually get them with brakes but they are alot lager than stock.. $$$ adding up on this build and I try never to keep track of those things.
                      Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

I was thinking the same. 90 degree I don't think will cut it. I need to look at all my options.

Mike
                        You are saying the mains and nose need 105 degrees? Is this for the stock struts and tires? :Confused:

Comment

• Im at NEFI, and would you believe no Bronco has appeared?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

You are saying the mains and nose need 105 degrees? Is this for the stock struts and tires? :Confused:
                            Hey Boots, hope NEFI stays dry for you.
                            Our thoughts are that the stock struts would be fine with the recommended 90 degree retracts and all work as designed. Now if a more scale looking strut was to be installed then a 105 degree on nose would be needed to fully raise the trailing link wheel enough to not hang out. I’m still working out ideas on this and searching with what’s offered on the market without doing costume work. My go to on the front so far could be the 7/16 trailing link gear strut from Robert that takes up to a 3” wheel. This would need the 105 retract to raise it up fully. There is a next size up of same design at 1/2” strut and up to 3 1/2” wheel. Since EFlite disco’d their 105 degree unit, the only option I have seen is the Robert for a nose retract.
                            As for the mains, after posting pics of the T45 mains laid on the plans of the 52” kit, I believe a more sturdy strut is needed due to the higher weight over what those struts were designed around. At this point I may go with stock supplied main struts till a more suitable solution comes along or I break down and build my own. If Century Jet was still around, they would be my go to. I may ask around to see if any parts or anything was left after they closed shop.
                            The reason I say this is that they were local here in Louisville and club member has built from plans from MAN article a 70” Bronc. He has installed the full CJ retract set and they are perfect. He had to stop work on it because there was no full canopy offered once he got to that part of construction, that was until now that the ProFly canopy is an exact fit to his and new interest in completing his build has risen.

Comment

• Ok folks, looks like I got something decent made up for the bronco exhausts.

Mounting plate has 3 horizontal screws holes, and an arrow indicator so you know if you have it on the right or wrong side. The exhaust and fairings just get glued onto the base, and alignment should be very easy. Acetone or plastic weld should be used.

The exhausts are slightly canted downward from the reference pictures I have seen, so I mimicked that.

Anyone interested, I will have these available for $16 shipped CONUS. If your want me to include the 6 mounting screws, it will be $17.

Shoot me a PM if interested. I can have a few available to ship out by the middle of the week, currently busy printing a plethora of ordinance for another squawker.

Comment

• Wonder if Lenny could be of help. He did the struts for my Avenger. I'm not real good as far as explaining what were looking for maybe one of you guys who seem to know what your talking about should contact him. trust me if I do it I'll just make a mess of it.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                  Ok folks, looks like I got something decent made up for the bronco exhausts.

Mounting plate has 3 horizontal screws holes, and an arrow indicator so you know if you have it on the right or wrong side. The exhaust and fairings just get glued onto the base, and alignment should be very easy. Acetone or plastic weld should be used.

The exhausts are slightly canted downward from the reference pictures I have seen, so I mimicked that.

Anyone interested, I will have these available for $16 shipped CONUS. If your want me to include the 6 mounting screws, it will be $17.

Shoot me a PM if interested. I can have a few available to ship out by the middle of the week, currently busy printing a plethora of ordinance for another squawker.
                                  That looks really good! I need to try that adhesive. I'm having a heck of a time finding a good PLA bonder here in China that works with Chinese PLA. For some reason the usual stuff I use Stateside isn't working here.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• FYI. I know a few folks are planning to run the Eflite Power 32 motors. I have had a Power 32 in my Eflite Advance with a MAS 3 blade 12x8 prop for years. The performance is amazing. I finally had a chance to put this set-up on the meter and I had 875 Watts and 60 amps from a 4S 35C battery. Hope the info helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

That looks really good! I need to try that adhesive. I'm having a heck of a time finding a good PLA bonder here in China that works with Chinese PLA. For some reason the usual stuff I use Stateside isn't working here.
                                      I've tested it on hatchbox PLA, and I wasn't successful with it. It softened the glue surfaces initially, but nothing bonded. I recall reading about some "weld-on" solvents that work really well for PLA

Comment

• Kangi1954 , I tested mine with a 12x6 three bladed and got 786 watts with 54 amps with the 4s lipo. If that wont fly it well then I'll try the 12x8. As far as the landing gear, I have tested the stock gear with retracts I have and they go up in the wheel well fine. I'm still concerned with the amount of pressure it takes to activate the mains so I'm still looking around for some more adjustable struts. I would love to find some that look scale but it doesn't bother me if I have to use the ones in the kit. I also will look down the road at getting some custom spinners made to accommodate the counter rotating props. By the way, the Dubro 2.5 inch spinners are a perfect fit for the cowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                                          Wonder if Lenny could be of help. He did the struts for my Avenger. I'm not real good as far as explaining what were looking for maybe one of you guys who seem to know what your talking about should contact him. trust me if I do it I'll just make a mess of it.

Mike

I found the web site and here is the link to his offerings for the 80" and 96" ws Bronco's. I like the work but since i and others aren't looking to fly at Top Gun, the price doesn't fit the goals that this ARF can offer us of a lower cost alternative to the KMP Palmer and ScaleTech planes. It would be truly nice if he could offer a set of struts at a price point under $200 and they dont have to be totally scale nor would i expect them to be at that price. A nose strut that could work with the Eflite(105 degree) and the new Xwave units that can hold a 2.75"-3" nose wheel would be great. If the mains could look the part and maybe hold the "on ground" position with weight off but with a little absorption, this could work great in that they would fit up in the booms without modifying the wheel well area or moving and carving bulkheads.
                                          Now in a build thread for the 81" version( onr RCU) there is a drawing of some home made struts for the 52" version. Check it out!;)http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin...o-81-a-14.html
                                          gsmith is the designer and his email is in the post, but warning ***its a 2006 post***, to request a cad file.
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Ge94988.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	202049

Comment

Working...
                                          X