Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went with the 2 1/2" Dubro Low Bounce wheels for the mains and on the nose the 2 1/4" Dubro Super Lite Wheels. (Was the one i found stored in my boxes) 😉
    Attached Files

Comment

• On the booms wiring, i decided to use this type of connectors, one side with 4 terminals and the other of 5 terminals (ailerons, flaps, gear, rudder, elevator).

Attached is the link for the ones that want to buy those connectors ( they are not cheap) 😟

Attached Files

Comment

• I'm on the gears installation and the mains are flawless but on the nose is another story... the wheel protrudes a lot from the fuselage, so i think i will need to do some base attachment to gain degrees inside on the retract base to hide the wheel when is retracted.
        Attached Files

Comment

• i just fixed the situation with the nose Retract, i made 2 wood triangles and glued those to the base. That gives me the exact position to hide the nose wheel.

And to be secure i will cover the base with a coat of epoxy and fiberglass so the wood doesn't broke or separate from the base.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Wrangler, just thought I'd show you what I did for wiring. I used the connectors from Electrodynamics. As you can see, the motor pods only have 3 connectors on one side, throttle, rudder, and gear, and the other pod has 4, throttle, rudder, gear, and elevator. The ailerons and flaps will come out of the wing into the main harness. Then both harnesses have to be joined by wyes for the receiver. It looks complicated but labeling each wire is essential. One of my previous photos show just what you found in that the front nose gear does stick out a bit. Wait till you have to rig up the pull-pull system for the steering. I tried to put a steering arm on the nose wheel but there wasn't enough room without cutting away balsa. I will revisit the steering if I have a problem. Click image for larger version

Name:	Wire 1.JPG
Views:	752
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	205668Click image for larger version

Name:	Wire 2.JPG
Views:	777
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	205669Click image for larger version

Name:	Wire 3.JPG
Views:	717
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	205670Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG ov-10 2.JPG
Views:	762
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	205671

Comment

• I just fiberglass the base of the nose retract. Lets wait a few hours to see the results.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Your on it wrangler, as i believe the retract mount for the nose still would allow the wheel to hang out if using a 90 degree unit? As in one of the pics with the nose strut extended, it has a fair amount of rake to the rear being its 105 degree so the wedges are a perfect fix. I received my Robart order today so i also can start on gear install. Ill post pics as i go through the setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
                  Wrangler, just thought I'd show you what I did for wiring. I used the connectors from Electrodynamics. As you can see, the motor pods only have 3 connectors on one side, throttle, rudder, and gear, and the other pod has 4, throttle, rudder, gear, and elevator. The ailerons and flaps will come out of the wing into the main harness. Then both harnesses have to be joined by wyes for the receiver. It looks complicated but labeling each wire is essential. One of my previous photos show just what you found in that the front nose gear does stick out a bit. Wait till you have to rig up the pull-pull system for the steering. I tried to put a steering arm on the nose wheel but there wasn't enough room without cutting away balsa. I will revisit the steering if I have a problem. Click image for larger version  Name:	Wire 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	76.4 KB ID:	205668Click image for larger version  Name:	Wire 2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	205669Click image for larger version  Name:	Wire 3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	102.5 KB ID:	205670Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG ov-10 2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	205671
                  Thank you so much, i will keep in mind what you did on yours,.. and why do you have a UBEC attached to a wing instead on being on the fuselage?

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post
                    i just fixed the situation with the nose Retract, i made 2 wood triangles and glued those to the base. That gives me the exact position to hide the nose wheel.

And to be secure i will cover the base with a coat of epoxy and fiberglass so the wood doesn't broke or separate from the base.
                    I didn't realize that the Eflite nose gear had the flange opposite of the action, unlike the mains where the action is between the flanges. My nose gear hasn't arrived yet, only the mains. I will be interested to see what James has when he shows the Xwave nose retract. The nose gear retract in the manual looks nothing like the E-flite unit. Thanks for posting detailed pics of your solution. I'm gonna start working on the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                      Your on it wrangler, as i believe the retract mount for the nose still would allow the wheel to hang out if using a 90 degree unit? As in one of the pics with the nose strut extended, it has a fair amount of rake to the rear being its 105 degree so the wedges are a perfect fix. I received my Robart order today so i also can start on gear install. Ill post pics as i go through the setup.
                      Great !!!!. yes i'm on it today and i hope tomorrow too. Yesterday i was thinking that i wouldn't be able to do more things on the plane due to the remodelation in my house. I had to give my office and working space to make a TV/family room and everything is a mess now, but i received a boost when the replacement wing got to my home this morning. So i put my dive mask 😆😆 and swim between boxes to find my tools. jejeje. and there is the result !!!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post

I didn't realize that the Eflite nose gear had the flange opposite of the action, unlike the mains where the action is between the flanges. My nose gear hasn't arrived yet, only the mains. I will be interested to see what James has when he shows the Xwave nose retract. The nose gear retract in the manual looks nothing like the E-flite unit. Thanks for posting detailed pics of your solution. I'm gonna start working on the same.
                        More than welcome !!!

Comment

• I'm planning to leave my wing attached to the boom when disassembled with all servo leads running through the wing to the fuselage. Then using the multi-connects between the wing and the RX. When transporting, I'll have two wing/boom assemblies, the horizontal stab and the fuselage. Anyone foresee any issue with that set-up?

Comment

I'm planning to leave my wing attached to the boom when disassembled with all servo leads running through the wing to the fuselage. Then using the multi-connects between the wing and the RX. When transporting, I'll have two wing/boom assemblies, the horizontal stab and the fuselage. Anyone foresee any issue with that set-up?
                            I imagine that could work very well as long you don't forget to separate the horizontal stab from both booms.

Comment

• I'm jumping between ideas, and now a bunch of silly questions but i need opinions.

What engine should i use for this plane?
                              - Rimfire .55 (46-20-480kv) or
                              - Predator (4258-kv460) the one that the FMS F7F TIGERCAT has.

Also what prop too?

- The Eflite 3 Blade 12x7
                              - The FMS 3 blade 13x9

And what ESC is better?
                              - Predator 85A ( installed on the tigercats)
                              -ZTW MANTIS 85A ( recommended by MRC)
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Hello People !!, My name is Captain Matute !!..😉
                                Attached Files

Comment

I'm jumping between ideas, and now a bunch of silly questions but i need opinions.

What engine should i use for this plane?
                                  - Rimfire .55 (46-20-480kv) or
                                  - Predator (4258-kv460) the one that the FMS F7F TIGERCAT has.

Also what prop too?

- The Eflite 3 Blade 12x7
                                  - The FMS 3 blade 13x9

And what ESC is better?
                                  - Predator 85A ( installed on the tigercats)
                                  -ZTW MANTIS 85A ( recommended by MRC)
                                  I have the Rimfire 55 in a 7.5 lb Phoenix models Spitfire and with a 5S battery, that puppy moves. Unlimited vertical. I like the FMS 13x9 T-28 3 blade prop. Especially with the Rimfire motor. I think it looks like a turboprop prop. I will absolutely separate the stabilizer from both booms when disassembling the bird.

Comment

I have the Rimfire 55 in a 7.5 lb Phoenix models Spitfire and with a 5S battery, that puppy moves. Unlimited vertical. I like the FMS 13x9 T-28 3 blade prop. Especially with the Rimfire motor. I think it looks like a turboprop prop. I will absolutely separate the stabilizer from both booms when disassembling the bird.
                                    Thank you, i appreciate your opinion. and it will look as a turboprop when i put these on..well that's what i wish . 😉
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• I just did some reinforcement on the fuselage with CA. A little just to be on the safe side.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

What ESC are you using with the Rimfire?

Comment

What ESC are you using with the Rimfire?
                                          I'm using an E-flite 80 amp ESC. Mainly because I had one laying around.

Comment

Working...
                                          X