Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked the "Features" section .....................................
    • Covered in high quality Oracover
    It doesn't say what the livery is but I assume it's what we see in the pictures.

Comment

thanks stuart and alpha for the info. makes me feel a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by TBolt View Post
        If uncovered is an option, I will take it uncovered.
        but I will take it anyway it's offered :Cool:
        Film covered models are actually far easier to paint than foam bird. Scuff with some 0000 steel wool, wipe down and shoot.

Comment

Is it just me or is it awfully conspicuous that OV-10, the man clamoring for an OV-10 for years shouting from the proverbial rooftops in this forum has yet to post in this thread?? :Confused:
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I was just wondering the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
              Is it just me or is it awfully conspicuous that OV-10, the man clamoring for an OV-10 for years shouting from the proverbial rooftops in this forum has yet to post in this thread?? :Confused:
              Perhaps he wanted a foamie. I've had the balsa Hanger 9 Twin Otter but I would jump at a foamie TO.

PS. I may be mistaken but I think I've seen an OV-10 in his hanger - a balsa one likely.

Comment

Ah, that could very well be...
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                  Well, I'm not going to pass! At my flying club Balsa, and Composite live at the top of the peaking order. There is nothing wrong with foam models if this is what you want. But there are many of us that want something a little better. These models are not for everybody! Personally I look forward to trying this plane out. I am going to have to use my CNC stuff to build me a proper set of struts for this sweety, but I have been dusting off the equipment anyway. You get to fit the servos you want in this, fit the ESC's you want, as well as other components. I like to build with quality, this bird will have it. It gives you the opportunity to lower the idiot factor as much as possible. That is except for the one building and fitting it. LOL So if you get this and crash it, no one to blame but???

Woody
                  Woodcock, if you're interested I'll buy a decent strut set for this plane. Who knows, maybe MRC will be contacting you as a vendor! :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                    Sorry to disappoint but VA doc visits have been overriding my forum time but I've already answered the call of satiation in several thread posts yesterday.

Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      Perhaps he wanted a foamie. I've had the balsa Hanger 9 Twin Otter but I would jump at a foamie TO.

PS. I may be mistaken but I think I've seen an OV-10 in his hanger - a balsa one likely.
                      Balsa one.............Yes it was the 52" Uravitch but that went up in the incinerator too. I will be getting this ProFly;)
                      And I do want a Super Scale foamy too. I'm just :wackyfor :ov10LOL
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well I have the same one that OV 10 has in his avatar and it flies great. I added flaps to it and it helped a lot. As soon as I saw that this ARF has the proper flap set-up, I'm in also. And it's bigger by 18 inches in the wingspan. If a super detailed one comes out in foam, so be it. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Comment

Alpha, when you were flying the prototype on 6s, what motors were in it. I see that the recommended motor specs only show it handling 2-4s. Do I need to get a 46 size motor for the extras power? My Rich Uravitch Ov-10 is using to rimfire 32s, but it's also only a 52 inch wingspan. I also use a 4s set-up in that plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
                            Alpha, when you were flying the prototype on 6s, what motors were in it. I see that the recommended motor specs only show it handling 2-4s. Do I need to get a 46 size motor for the extras power? My Rich Uravitch Ov-10 is using to rimfire 32s, but it's also only a 52 inch wingspan. I also use a 4s set-up in that plane.
                            Rosy...........check your glasses ;)
                            The very first post on this thread shows a 6S system. See required below.
                            Alpha also mention he tried a 4S setup but preferred the recommended 6S setup.

Requires:
                            • 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
                            • 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
                            • 2x 35 - 42 size Brushless Outrunner Motor - we recommend Admiral GP5 4220-770kV Brushless Motors (Coming Soon) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                            • 2x 65 - 85 Amp Brushless ESC - we recommend ZTW Mantis 65 Amp Brushless ESC
                            • 8x 45g standard servos - we recommend HS-485HB
                            • Electronic 90 degree retracts (81 x 44 x 29mm) - we recommend Xwave RP400-90 Electronic Retract (Coming Soon)
                            • 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 - 6000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - we recommend Admiral 6 Cell 6000 mAh LiPo battery <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                            • 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
                            • Propeller - 11x5 - 12x8 2-blade <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                            Since this a 1/7 (1/6.7) scale bird the appropriate scale prop is 14.5"
                            Being this is right in the ball park of the FMS Tigercat prop diameter of 14x8x3, my selected system is going to be the FMS 6S upgrade to the Tigercat 6S 4258-kV440 motor which is the 4258-kV460. :)

EDIT....I see your conundrum. :Confused:Your glasses are working fine, I thought you meant 2(two) 4S LOL
                            https://www.motionrc.com/products/ad...rushless-motor
                            The recommended motor is only for 3S-4S Lipos . A missed call MRC when recommending a 6S LiPo :Scared:
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

Good catch on the listing, its been corrected now to the 4S set-up to match the recommended motor. This set-up gives over 100watts per lb which is the ideal power level for this model. However you can of course opt for a 6s set-up for a turbo charged Bronco in the air and lower amps too. We even looked at a 3526 sized motor at around 840kv I believe on a 11x5. As I recall that was still good for adequate scale power, but our recommended 4S motor was the preferred choice as it gave the best balance of power over the subject.

S.

Comment

This is a sweet looking bird, might pony up for this one:)

Comment

Nice footage of a gas Bronco landing at 5:00 and again at 7:40:Cool:
                                  (PART ONE)WW2 BOMBERS & TRANSPORT ETC LANDING # 1CHECK OUT MORE "AWESOME RC LANDINGS" ON OUR PLAYLIST HERE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6MmpB8bGTM&list...

Tom

Comment

Hopefully, the Mantis has been modified as per our discussion way back when on just how short the battery to ESC leads are, any update on this, every one that I have (In the 4 P-51's and the Bearcat) required ESC to Motor extensions to work and even then it's not easy to get the battery plugged in. I'd be prepared for some soldering, just sayin'

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Hello, I'm new here and my name is Markus, I'm from Germany.

The Bronco has been flying great for 1 years. After the video I kicked out the Turnigy motors and replaced them with Leopard 5055 430kv that works much better now and has more power. Drive: Leopard 5055 Masterairscrew 15x7x3 and 2x 6S 4200mAh battery, the propellers have a 8300rpm with the engines. Flight time is about 10min. Here are my videos with the old engines and yes the propellers now turn inwards.
                                      Pichler ARF BroncoWingspan: 1800mmLength: 1770mmEngine is with me the Turnigy 5055 400Kv on 6S with Master Airscrew 15x7x3 right/left.Akku: 1x Wellpower 5200...

Pichler Bronco ARfMotor: Turnigy 5055 400kvProp. : 15x7x3 Master Airscrew left/rightESC: Hobbywing Skywalker 100A Opto from the Freewing A-10Akku: 2x Wellpow...

Comment

Originally posted by Nottoday View Post
                                        Hello, I'm new here and my name is Markus, I'm from Germany.

The Bronco has been flying great for 1 years. After the video I kicked out the Turnigy motors and replaced them with Leopard 5055 430kv that works much better now and has more power. Drive: Leopard 5055 Masterairscrew 15x7x3 and 2x 6S 4200mAh battery, the propellers have a 8300rpm with the engines. Flight time is about 10min. Here are my videos with the old engines and yes the propellers now turn inwards.
                                        Pichler ARF BroncoWingspan: 1800mmLength: 1770mmEngine is with me the Turnigy 5055 400Kv on 6S with Master Airscrew 15x7x3 right/left.Akku: 1x Wellpower 5200...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XacSQuEIZE&t=2s
                                        Hi Markus, welcome to Hobby Squawk! Thank you very much for posting your experience with the Bronco. The ten minutes of flight time you're getting with your twin 6s 4200 is right about what we were seeing in our testing as well. Twin 4s 5000 also provides similar flight times when propped appropriately.

What servos are you using?
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hi Motion Team thank you,

Servos:
                                          Elevator: Graupner DES 648 BB MG
                                          Aileron: Graupner DES 587 BB MG
                                          Flap and Ruder little D-Power DS 140 she have 8,5g but 4,8kg on 6V

Hey for a foamy is 1800x1800 to big she fly very very easy and my weight is 7600g, it`s a trainer.

Here still pictures of the very nice cockpit I have bought a second pilot.

cheers
                                          Markus

Comment

Working...
                                          X