Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Nexa OV-10 Bronco 1800mm ARF Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** Is there a way that someone on a 3D printer make some Air intake scoop so we can get more air flow to the ESC inside the booms or another way to have more airflow to the ESC?

I'm wondering if it is going to have sufficient airflow to keep it cool or warm but nothing g hot?

Today i was thinking about that due to a video of a ESC that has a problem like that on a bigger scale OV-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
      I wish I knew someone with a CNC lathe to make mine. I'll just wait for the Tru Turn adapters to arrive. Here's some pics of mine assembled. I just need to put the decals on, from Callie Graphics, and finish up some final assembly. I'm going to have to change out the retracts since for some reason they all wont retract or extend together. Don't know if it's a voltage issue or what but they are out of the A-10 and they worked fine there. I might have to run a separate lipo for them and possibly all the servos. Just waiting for an answer from Motion on when the retracts they have are coming in before I go ahead and purchase another brand. I can maiden it with the gear that I have now and just leave the gear down. I'll make that decision soon. I do have a set of electric Robarts in another plane and I do like them because of the positive lock up and down. I just don't like the price. The E-Flite set might be the answer. Attached are some pics. Take note of the spaghetti mess in the fuselage with both harnesses going into all the wyes into the receiver. I can't do too much about that for now. Lots of labeling on the wires. By the way I got those labels from Hobbyking and they are much nicer than using tape and a sharpie. Click image for larger version  Name:	OV 10 9.JPG Views:	0 Size:	107.4 KB ID:	206269Click image for larger version  Name:	OV 10 10.JPG Views:	0 Size:	115.3 KB ID:	206270Click image for larger version  Name:	OV 10 11.JPG Views:	0 Size:	113.7 KB ID:	206271Click image for larger version  Name:	OV 10 12.JPG Views:	0 Size:	120.0 KB ID:	206272
      On the issue that you mention about running with a separate battery...I decided to run the plane with 2 6S 5000 and the electronics with a LIFE Battery with a independent 15amp UBEC.
      Attached Files

Comment

• I just got my receiver holder. I will be using the FRSKY S8R with telemetry and 3 axi stabilization. FRSKY 150 AMP Meter and a Frsky Voltage meter. The Amp meter will be on one battery line and the voltage on the other put together on lazy chain. That way i can have an idea of the status of each battery, also the rx battery meter will be by default thru the receiver sensor. so in my radio i will have 4 power related meters at the same time. (radio, rx, 2 batteries).
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post
          I order this from Callie Graphics and some nomenclature too. I"ll make a mix between the ones that came with the plane, another set and the set below.
          Is that a special order set of decals? I don't see them listed for the OV-10 on her website.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post

Is that a special order set of decals? I don't see them listed for the OV-10 on her website.
            Yes it is, but since they made it for me, i assume that is available for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
              For those with a 3D printer, I have uploaded the ProFly OV-10 exhausts to my cults3d page, link below:
              https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game...s-and-fairings
              Dirty Dee, is there a way that you can make a scoop to redirect air flow from the props to where the ESC will be place inside the boom?. (where the fuel tank is supposed to be placed in case of a glow)

Comment

Dirty Dee, is there a way that you can make a scoop to redirect air flow from the props to where the ESC will be place inside the boom?. (where the fuel tank is supposed to be placed in case of a glow)
                what about cutting open the side inlet on the vacuum formed cowling? I think you would need to cut a small hole in the firewall, and then use some styrene sheets/balsa to make some ducting to direct it to the ESC.

Comment

what about cutting open the side inlet on the vacuum formed cowling? I think you would need to cut a small hole in the firewall, and then use some styrene sheets/balsa to make some ducting to direct it to the ESC.
                  Great idea, let's see how i can make it.

Comment

• It also seems like the front cowl has those existing open intakes. You can probably do similar by constructing a ramp to help direct air though the existing center hole the ESCs pass through

Comment

It also seems like the front cowl has those existing open intakes. You can probably do similar by constructing a ramp to help direct air though the existing center hole the ESCs pass through
                      The thing is that i dont want to affect the firewall strenght.

Comment

• I just got my Robart parts: Nose gear retract and the 668 Strut. This thing is huge !!
                        Attached Files

Comment

I just got my Robart parts: Nose gear retract and the 668 Strut. This thing us huge !!
                          Can the strut tube be shortened?

Comment

• Kangi... yes. I have the same items going in mine.
                            I found the metric nylon lock nuts, M8x1.25 for my prop adapters so that is all good with using a thinner washer than they came with. As the prop adapter is smooth faced to the prop contact area, i need to score the area to give some grip. I belive im going to use the soft start function of the ESC to keep from spinning the prop and backing off, hence the need for locking nuts!
                            I have to trim the pilot and obsrvr legs to fit in the cockpit tub and once that is fixed, ill post some pics.
                            Well, i solved the wiring issues for the radio, FrSky SBus!!!!! I can split the SBus with a Y and attach a decoder in each wing for flight surfaces. Thats 4 cables into one on each side. That leaves power, ESC, retracts leaving the fuse/wing joint to each boom. Now a few more cables for nav lights
                            Wrangler, I may, will need some basic help in programming my 9D+ if you would sir. My first time using it as i have been a faithful JR pilot for years. What telemetry you planning?

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                              Kangi... yes. I have the same items going in mine.
                              I found the metric nylon lock nuts, M8x1.25 for my prop adapters so that is all good with using a thinner washer than they came with. As the prop adapter is smooth faced to the prop contact area, i need to score the area to give some grip. I belive im going to use the soft start function of the ESC to keep from spinning the prop and backing off, hence the need for locking nuts!
                              I have to trim the pilot and obsrvr legs to fit in the cockpit tub and once that is fixed, ill post some pics.
                              Well, i solved the wiring issues for the radio, FrSky SBus!!!!! I can split the SBus with a Y and attach a decoder in each wing for flight surfaces. Thats 4 cables into one on each side. That leaves power, ESC, retracts leaving the fuse/wing joint to each boom. Now a few more cables for nav lights
                              Wrangler, I may, will need some basic help in programming my 9D+ if you would sir. My first time using it as i have been a faithful JR pilot for years. What telemetry you planning?
                              Sure, i will be more than happy to help you.
                              If you want we can arrange a video conference so we can work together the radios. I have the Taranis 9D+ but i will be using the Horus X10S with this plane, both with open TX.

Comment

• Use piece of wet / dry sandpaper and cut around the prop washer then use that against the prop driver and prop.. will stop it spinning..

Comment

So do you take orders wrangler? Great work! I think im going to try and find the locking type low height aircraft nuts. Not sure i can come up with them but for finding longer prop adapters for my EMP 4030/10 may prove futile as they are not produced any longer.
                                  Jejejeje....i can help you with that, but it will be pricey, due to the shipping back from the caribbean to the states. If you want and willing to pay for it, you can send me one prop adapter of the EMP 4030/10 and the shaft lenght that you need. I can order it and send it back to you thru FEDEX, DHL or UPS.

Comment

Jejejeje....i can help you with that, but it will be pricey, due to the shipping back from the caribbean to the states. If you want and willing to pay for it, you can send me one prop adapter of the EMP 4030/10 and the shaft lenght that you need. I can order it and send it back to you thru FEDEX, DHL or UPS.
                                    Let me check these lock nuts to make sure the nylon engages the thread and if not I’ll let ya know. Caribbean?? Never guessed that. Thank you very much for the offer.

Comment

Let me check these lock nuts to make sure the nylon engages the thread and if not I’ll let ya know. Caribbean?? Never guessed that. Thank you very much for the offer.
                                      you are welcome!!

Comment

• Here's a pic of the Tru Turn prop adapter that I got for my Power 32s. As you can see, the shaft is much longer and plenty of thread for the spinner backplate and the prop. The other pic shows the motor with the adapter and the adapter on the motor. Notice how you have to move the motor shaft towards the rear for the adapter to fit. Tru turn makes adapters for many motors and total cost was 56$. If you have an odd motor, I'm sure that they can figure it out for you. Click image for larger version

Name:	Tru turn.JPG
Views:	762
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	206840Click image for larger version

Name:	Tru turn2.JPG
Views:	741
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	206841Click image for larger version

Name:	Tru turn 3.JPG
Views:	721
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	206842

Comment

• I forgot to add, I too had to trim the pilots legs to get them to fit all the way in. And as far as the X Wave retracts from Motion, I talked with them today and was told that they hadn't even been loaded into a container yet and no date for shipment yet. I decided to go with the E-Flite retracts.

Comment

Working...
                                          X