Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by glyrenden View Post
    Hello all,
    I've been lurking and following for a while.
    Wanted to share with the group my first flight with my Bronco. Just a Short testing and Triming.
    I'm really happy with this model. flew great with almost no need to trim anything. I'll post more video when I get out to fly it again!

Welcome to the forum. Nice job on the build and maiden flight! Did you find the specified CG at 85mm from leading edge worked well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post
      X Wave retracts are in stock. Just ordered mine.

Rick
      I just ordered 2, just in case
      jejeje

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Nice job on the build and maiden flight! Did you find the specified CG at 85mm from leading edge worked well?
        Yes It work well for me. At that mark, with out the batteries, it is very tail heavy and I choose to use the 5s 5000 to add the weight. I was going to use smaller batteries, but better live weight then dead weight. I had to move the batteries as close to the steering serve as I could to get it to balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by glyrenden View Post

Yes It work well for me. At that mark, with out the batteries, it is very tail heavy and I choose to use the 5s 5000 to add the weight. I was going to use smaller batteries, but better live weight then dead weight. I had to move the batteries as close to the steering serve as I could to get it to balance.
          Thank you. The information you included on your maiden video was very helpful as well. Always good to know what works.

Comment

• I assume a nose retract is not far behind?

and yes, I picked up two also.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBolt View Post
              I assume a nose retract is not far behind?

I already have the Robart 105 nose retract that i will save with the xwaves just in case.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBolt View Post
                I assume a nose retract is not far behind?

According to Motion the nose is the same retract as the mains.

Mike
                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Mike
                  That's what I was told as well.

Comment

That's what I was told as well.
                    I have a 60-90 Eflite Nose gear here so when the Xwave arrive I'll figure out which way to go.No way I'll do the Robart for a couple of reasons. 1 cost, this air-frame is sport scale 2-weight

Mike

Comment

I have a 60-90 Eflite Nose gear here so when the Xwave arrive I'll figure out which way to go.No way I'll do the Robart for a couple of reasons. 1 cost, this air-frame is sport scale 2-weight

Mike
                      Well i use the Eflite Retracts all around the gears 105 for nose and 90 for mains and they feel sturdy, i assume that they will do the work for a long period as long as i landed as it meant to be. I have the Nose 105 Robart retract that i ordered before the eflites, and ordered the xwave for mains just in case i needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post

Well i use the Eflite Retracts all around the gears 105 for nose and 90 for mains and they feel sturdy, i assume that they will do the work for a long period as long as i landed as it meant to be. I have the Nose 105 Robart retract that i ordered before the eflites, and ordered the xwave for mains just in case i needed.
                        Since the mains from eflite are on back-order till September I went another direction. I like the eflites just want to get this thing assembled, I can always do a swap if I think it's necessary. Even the eflites are subject to failure on a bad landing. Even the best flyers screw up..

Mike

Comment

Mike
                          I'm with you. I have the 6-120 E Flite 90 degree retract as well. I even had it installed. But I don't like the fact that it must be mounted above the wood mounting surface which means any and all stresses are working directly against the mounting screws. I'll try to figure out how to use the X Wave once it gets here. I wish someone from Motion RC would clarify the strut installation for us as that is my only question. How do we keep the strut in the trunnion? The spring? The upper set screw in the strut slot? I don't know.

Comment

• Hey Kangi1954, with the mains above the mounts you could, in place of mounting screws, go with 4-40 bolts and blind nuts. It shouldn’t interfere with changing the retracts later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                              Hey Kangi1954, with the mains above the mounts you could, in place of mounting screws, go with 4-40 bolts and blind nuts. It shouldn’t interfere with changing the retracts later.
                              Good advice. Thanks. If the XWave retract doesn’t work out, that’s exactly what I’ll do.

Comment

Mike
                                Thanks, just ordered the third retract.

Comment

• My set will be here Saturday from tracking. It will be nice to check them out and see just what's going to work.

Mike

Comment

Good advice. Thanks. If the XWave retract doesn’t work out, that’s exactly what I’ll do.
                                    Keep in mind that screws are a good “weak link” in the event of a bad landing! The nut and bolts would result in significant damage passed on to the structure and gear, not that there’s a bad landing in your future!

Comment

• Hey Alpha! Have your design engineers replicate this in 1/7th scale!

Comment

• Here's what I'm thinking for the nose strut..............the YAK-130 nose gear w/ 105 degree etract and setting it up like this 96 inch version and another view
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• So my Xwave retracts were delivered today. Other than being black, they are exact replicas of the E Flite 60-120 main gear retracts. The only way, at least that I can see, to keep the strut in the trunnion block is using the centering spring as a retainer. I'm not sure about that. On the plus side, they do install with no modifications to the mounting surface and fully retract the nose wheel into the wheel well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X