Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine showed up also. No time today to mess with them.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
      Thanks GBL.. for the video. I actually took a snap at the end and used as my desktop!! How about some details on his setup if you can so we can start compiling what works and what doesnt. First question, i assume those are the Callie graphics for VMO-2? Same set im using as i grew up watching these in person. Camp Pendleton is where i started my RC hobby and on the same airfield that very plane was based.
      Very cool! I have two more flights left to edit too

Comment

• Originally posted by TLAR View Post
        Hi, new guy here. To help out GBL who is an outstanding videographer of my Bronco, I'll post some specs of my OV-10 to answer some questions that were asked on this thread.

Motor - Rimfire 32 x 2
        ESC - Talon 90 x 2
        Props - APC 13 x 6.5E x 2 (one is reversed)
        Spinners - DuBro 2.5 inch x 2
        Batteries for motors - 4s 5000 x 2
        Electronics battery - 2200 Life
        Retracts - Eflite 90-120 90 degrees x 3
        Servos - Hitec HS-225MG Mighty Mini x 8
        Graphics - Callie Graphics 1/7 VMO-2

Flying weight, I don't really know because I have not weight it yet. I get six minutes of flight time and landing around 50%. Mixed throttle, to include high speed passes. Most of the flight are done at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Since the video was taken, I got brave and have been doing basic aerobatics that this aircraft would do IRL. More than enough power with this set up. She takes off from grass with no problems. Very stable flyer with the counter rotating props. Pilots and exhaust will be added as soon as they arrived to add more scale to this a/c. The only mod I really had to do was extending the standoff for the motors. The retracts were all dropped in with no issues and the supplied struts slipped on with no modifications.
        Thank you for posting all of these details Robert!

Comment

• If looks count for anything they do look really nice.

Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2328.JPG
Views:	835
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	208931Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2329.JPG
Views:	767
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	208932Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2330.JPG
Views:	785
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	208933Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2331.JPG
Views:	814
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	208934

Comment

• Got mine as well, about to install them in the bronco and see how they do. I will update later today. They look and feel solid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190805_103406.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	209046

Comment

• Played with mine this morning very smooth operation. I'm impressed.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                Got mine as well, about to install them in the bronco and see how they do. I will update later today. They look and feel solid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190805_103406.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	209046
                What method will you use to secure the nose strut in the retract?

Comment

• Mine is ready to maiden. I was going to use a separate Life battery for the servos and receiver, but the voltage range on the Hi Tec 225s I'm using is only to 6 volts and the Life battery is 6.6 volts. I'll just have to add more weight to make up the difference. So far I have added about 8 oz of weight to get the CG correct. Not happy with that but it's necessary. I'll let everyone know my impressions of the OV-10 after flying it.

Comment

• The Xwave dropped into the mains perfectly. I will do the nose gear tonight or tomorrow definitely and will update

Comment

• Now how do we hook up the steering?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                        Got my pilots from Mike over the weekend. Waiting on retracts and I'll be set.

Mike Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0208.JPG Views:	0 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	207185
                        Mike, are you to the point of placing the pilots in their "Office"? How well do they fit?

Comment

• Originally posted by TBolt View Post

Mike, are you to the point of placing the pilots in their "Office"? How well do they fit?
                          Should be this week sometime. From what I understand I'll need to trim their legs which is no big deal for me. I'll post a picture.

Mike

Comment

• As promised needs a bit of adjustment but it works for me.

Name:	60B29F31-CB8D-4BCF-A817-74C78EBBCCBF.jpeg
Views:	839
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	209238

Comment

As promised needs a bit of adjustment but it works for me.

Name:	60B29F31-CB8D-4BCF-A817-74C78EBBCCBF.jpeg
Views:	839
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	209238
                              Hello..how did you fit the legs, did you cut a hole or cut the legs jeje.? Can you please post more photos on how you did it?.

Thanks

Comment

• Very nice pilots, and here the Parts from Dirty Dee I am ready. Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (10).jpg
Views:	595
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	209256

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post

Hello..how did you fit the legs, did you cut a hole or cut the legs jeje.? Can you please post more photos on how you did it?.

Thanks
                                  Whacked them off below the knees. I didn't want anything in the battery compartment. It gives me more freedom to move stuff around.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Nottoday View Post
                                    Very nice pilots, and here the Parts from Dirty Dee I am ready. Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (10).jpg
Views:	595
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	209256
                                    All of Dee's stuff is awesome. Nice paint work.

Mike

Comment

Whacked them off below the knees. I didn't want anything in the battery compartment. It gives me more freedom to move stuff around.

Mike
                                      Great, maybe i will have to do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post

Great, maybe i will have to do the same.
                                        Measure twice cut once. I just eyeballed it and could have left a bit more on the legs. I wasn't really thinking when I unwrapped the cockpit and started cutting with my bandsaw. .

Mike

Comment

• I now have 4 flights on my OV-10. I completely re-painted the model to replicate the OV-10 I flew out of Danang Airbase, Republic of Vietnam, that had my name on it.
                                          The model is powered by Propdrive, V2, 50-50, 580KV motors. Using 5500, 5S Lipos, Castle "ICE" 100 Amp. ESCs. Stock WaveRC (drop in fit) retracts. 14X8X3 Master Airscrew props. counter rotating. Callie graphics.

Comment

Working...
                                          X