Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did everyone go on vacation?

Comment

• The Bronco presented herself well at the NW Scalemaster in the Sportsman category. She handles well in the wind. Click image for larger version

Name:	ED67C902-FC94-441D-9327-12520E00CE0E.jpeg
Views:	928
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	211496

Comment

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
        Did everyone go on vacation?
        I'm still under construction 🙄🙄, plane on hold.
        And i have to announce that there is another project incoming. HK Beechcraft Baron.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Congrats TLAR, any video of one of your flights by any chance? Seems the VMO 2 76’ scheme is becoming popular among the builds. Looks great and any final thoughts on build tips and your setup would help out.
          Im just waiting to hear someone modded to a D model and seeing those pics as this MRC initial offering looks to be a hit and worthy addition to any hangar. Maybe this one catches on like the A10 did?

Comment

• Congratulations TLAR! Way to represent. I’m still fiddling around with nose wheel steering and waiting to order my esc’s. Should be ready to maiden in a couple weeks.

Comment

• Started assembly this morning. Nothing major to report.

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Several of you guys indicated you were going to use the ESCs from the Freewing A-10. Has anyone actually installed and flown them? If so, how well did they work, what motors did you use with them and did you have to reprogram them? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Comment

• I'm using them. They are fine and have the capacitors for the long leads they have. The whole set-up from the A-10 works perfect and saves you from a lot of soldering and sourcing parts. They don't have to be reprogrammed and work well with my E-Flite 32s. I'll never pull over 100 amps a motor even going to a 5s set-up. The ESCs also have a 5amp BEC built in so it makes it nice all around. I forgot to add that the bullet connectors on the motors are a different size from the ESCs so you'll have to either solder new ones on the motors or just get adapters like I did.

Comment

• Thanks, Rosytime, that’s a big help. Now I just have to wait till they’re back in stock.

Comment

• What scale decals are you guys ordering from Callie? Got my motors mounted and am starting on the servos. The xwave retracts look pretty good although I'm not to happy on how the struts fit. I might modify the nose arrangement a bit seems like it will work but I may look for a better way to do it.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                        What scale decals are you guys ordering from Callie? Got my motors mounted and am starting on the servos. The xwave retracts look pretty good although I'm not to happy on how the struts fit. I might modify the nose arrangement a bit seems like it will work but I may look for a better way to do it.

Mike
                        As for Callie Graphics, looks like the UU, VMO2 set is popular. One gent did an Air Force scheme in all gray of the very plane he flew in Asia. Havent seen any others as much....yet that is. Oh the European folks did the German scheme but thats not shown on Callie's choices yet. She has 1 Navy and 3 Marine choices so far and im sure she will come up more as demand grows. The Air Force one with the red checker tails would be nice.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40776.jpg
Views:	789
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	211955
                          Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                          As for Callie Graphics, looks like the UU, VMO2 set is popular. One gent did an Air Force scheme in all gray of the very plane he flew in Asia. Havent seen any others as much....yet that is. Oh the European folks did the German scheme but thats not shown on Callie's choices yet. She has 1 Navy and 3 Marine choices so far and im sure she will come up more as demand grows. The Air Force one with the red checker tails would be nice.
                          I've seen what she has to offer and know she'll do whatever I like, I was just curious about the scale. I come up with 6.76 for a scale. Guess I'll go with 1/7th scale.She just posted this one on her site. I have a thing for Sharks Teeth.
                          Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40776.jpg
Views:	789
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	211955

I've seen what she has to offer and know she'll do whatever I like, I was just curious about the scale. I come up with 6.76 for a scale. Guess I'll go with 1/7th scale.She just posted this one on her site. I have a thing for Sharks Teeth.
                            Mike
                            Wrangler got the same set you want. I think in 1:7.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post

Wrangler got the same set you want. I think in 1:7.
                              That's right.

Comment

• Thanks
                                Mike

Comment

• Yup, just got my VMO2 (1/7th scale) with a different Bu No, couldn't be like everyone else

Comment

• This was the one i ordered from Callie. I will make a mix between the one i ordered and the ones that came with the plane.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• I believe that using 1/7 as compared to actual 1/6.76 works out the best because the size isnt consistent across all the pieces. For instance, the MARINES on the boom should be 10" height on 1/1 and then 1.42 at 1/7. Callie's set measures 1 9/16",slightly larger which could technically be 1/6.4. Now how scale is the boom? When i place it on the boom and position it, looks very close to the manual for the 1/1 Leave silly stuff like this to an IT nerd to pick out.............. Use the rule of thumb of LAR(looks about right) and no one else will know.

Comment

• I love the LAR method. If it looks right it is right.

Mike.

Comment

• +1

Comment

Working...
                                          X