Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I got my decals from Callie I noticed right away that the Marines logo for the booms from her set was much larger than the kit's decals, Also the danger propeller decal was way too big. I sent her an e-mail with pics of the decals in the kit with a ruler next to them and she sent me the corrected size. I still think they're too big from looking at pics on the web, but they're okay for me. The danger exhaust decal was also too big and she sent the correct size on that also. Callie has great customer service.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
      When I got my decals from Callie I noticed right away that the Marines logo for the booms from her set was much larger than the kit's decals, Also the danger propeller decal was way too big. I sent her an e-mail with pics of the decals in the kit with a ruler next to them and she sent me the corrected size. I still think they're too big from looking at pics on the web, but they're okay for me. The danger exhaust decal was also too big and she sent the correct size on that also. Callie has great customer service.
      Hopefully she makes changes for all sets going forward so we don’t all have a problem.

Comment

• I just purchased the servo wing inter-connect, and master board, and servo wires for the A-10 for a cost of $18.95. I will be installing this in my Bronco. Has anyone had problems with the units from the Freewing A-10. It is my understanding, these are the new units......Trying to get rid of the Rats Nest for less than the cost of the multi connect cables.

Comment

• I'm trying to sort that out also. There's a bunch of wires. I might use these from Electro Dynamics as I happen to have a set laying around. I have the set that does 3 so that would deal with Flaps, Ailerons and the Gear.

Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	102_OneClik_MC_web.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	212385
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
            I'm trying to sort that out also. There's a bunch of wires. I might use these from Electro Dynamics as I happen to have a set laying around. I have the set that does 3 so that would deal with Flaps, Ailerons and the Gear.

Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	102_OneClik_MC_web.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	212385
            Thta's the same way that i went !!

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post

Thta's the same way that i went !!
              I'm soldering up extensions to try and keep all the connections to a minimum. Figuring the exact length has been a headache. It's coming together slowly. The nose wheel steering set up sucks.

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
                I just purchased the servo wing inter-connect, and master board, and servo wires for the A-10 for a cost of $18.95. I will be installing this in my Bronco. Has anyone had problems with the units from the Freewing A-10. It is my understanding, these are the new units......Trying to get rid of the Rats Nest for less than the cost of the multi connect cables.
                That is the route I'm taking also. if it arrives before the weekend I will give it a shot.
                As far as the nose wheel goes, I also went with installing the servo towards the front, so it is a straight pull pull system.

Comment

• I just use colored electrical tape flags on the servo leads. Blue to blue, red to red, yellow to yellow....

The other solutions are adding more connections in line between servo and RX. Each added connection is added resistance (which probably won't matter) and an added potential failure point for each connection in the connector.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• If you look at some of my previous posts you can see that I also used the multiservo connectors. You need a four servo connector for one side, Flap, aileron, rudder, and throttle. Five for the other side, flap, aileron, rudder, throttle, and elevator. It takes me about ten minutes to put the Bronco together since I leave the wings connected to the fuselage. Each boom has a multiconnector and the ESCs are connected with EC5 connectors. The only single servo connector is the elevator and I use a servo keeper on that one after connecting. The fuselage is where the real mess is with all the wyes going into the receiver to hook up the boom servos. I also went with a 12 channel receiver so I could separate the front steering from the rudders and run separate gear ports. I made a cradle for the fuselage/wing section and it fits in the trailer quite nicely. The booms are in a cradle together. As far as extensions, I went ahead and got a bunch of 18", 24", 36", and 48" sizes in 22gauge wire. I was going to make all my extensions but I don't have the patience for that.

Comment

• Hope this link works, nice video of the Bronco in action https://youtu.be/j88gapwmpoU

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                        Got my pilots from Mike over the weekend. Waiting on retracts and I'll be set.

Mike Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0208.JPG Views:	0 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	207185
                        Are those the 1/7th scale?

Comment

• Hey Tbolt, yes they are 1/7th as i have the same crew for mine. Have to cut the legs about the knees but they are awesome. Once i get my wiring and retracts in ill finish the cockpit and crew. My club is having a warbird meet in Oct so im trying to get mine up for that.

Comment

• What is the general thought about battery placement? Side by side or in-line. I have not balanced mine yet, but getting close. There has been little talk except what type of power unit...... looking for answers. Single pack, double pack, whatever. Thanks for any info provided

Comment

• I have my Gens Ace 5500, 5s batts side by side. Model balances right on recommended CG...

Comment

• Bronco FAC:

Where at, within the centerbody did you place the batteries? Thanks for the info....

Comment

• Walkerman,
                                  I located my LiPos just where the instruction manual (pg. 34) suggested, on the platform immediately behind the steering servo. Hope this helps...

Comment

• Thanks Bronco Fac.......

Comment

• So im installing my robart 105 degree retract for nose and like to see and hear what steering setups have been used. I'm thinking of a push push that would disengage when retracting forward.
                                      The 95 degree mains with 3" wheels works great.

Comment

• Hi to all, i'm resuming the build of the Bronco, but i will try another servo connector wich i think will work good Because it has 9 ports, since the ground and the positives are common, i will have 7 ports for signals. I'm in the soldering process.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• "Rebuilding" ! Did I miss a post?
                                          I have been out of town this week so I have some catching up to do. I'm still thinking of the steering idea and will go with something this week.

Comment

Working...
                                          X