X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by didier n View Post

looking forward to your flights! what's the kv and any idea of the prop size you'll be using?

Didier
    I had this set up in a balsa and ply sport/ trainer that was every bit of 7 1/2 lbs. and used a 13 x 6.5 APC and it flew really nice. It's a 640KV motor I'd like to go with a 3 blade prop. I'll be experimenting to find the best combo. I'm looking for scale performance. Mounted the mains yesterday with no issues and I'll tackle the nose gear today. I'm still not sold on the manuals steering set up but will just start on it and see where it takes me.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
      I think i remember a 5s setup back aways and i think you just copied it. Im going with 6s since i have mostly those for my EDF's already. Isn't there a 4s on here also?
      Hey didler, nice ride on your A10 and you'll need one of us to provide FAC coverage from the Bronco..
      I remember that set up ( by Rosytime) he used Power 32's on 4s and wanted a bit more so went with 5S. I choose the 46's based on my past experience with them. I almost went with the Power 32s.

Mike

Comment

• Yes, I went to a 5s set-up with the E-Flite 32s and I'm very happy. I have used a Power 46 5s set-up in my VQ models and it will swing a three bladed prop as well. I'm going with to use the 32s for now because after going to the 5s set-up it flies quite well with power to spare. I'm also able to take out weight from the nose and replace it with lipo weight. I'll be using two 5000mah HRBs for power. My initial set-up was a 4s and after trying different props I didn't feel that there was enough power on hand for my liking. In particular, a steep climbing turn had to made on full power and now with the 5s it's no problem. Most of the flight is at half throttle or a little bit above. The plane is fast enough with the current set-up and very maneuverable with the throws I have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
          Yes, I went to a 5s set-up with the E-Flite 32s and I'm very happy. I have used a Power 46 5s set-up in my VQ models and it will swing a three bladed prop as well. I'm going with to use the 32s for now because after going to the 5s set-up it flies quite well with power to spare. I'm also able to take out weight from the nose and replace it with lipo weight. I'll be using two 5000mah HRBs for power. My initial set-up was a 4s and after trying different props I didn't feel that there was enough power on hand for my liking. In particular, a steep climbing turn had to made on full power and now with the 5s it's no problem. Most of the flight is at half throttle or a little bit above. The plane is fast enough with the current set-up and very maneuverable with the throws I have.
          Thanks guys,

Rosytime, do you use 3 blade props? is there enough power for a decent loop to be made? flight times?

I still haven't orderd the Bronco yet, still gathering info on what i'll be using. I've read the whole build on the german rc network site, quite interesting as well, they tend to use lower kv motors swinging large and high pitched prop's, up to 16 x20 ! Quite confusing reading all the info at once....

My goal is to have a scale look, enough power and 10 min flight time on 5000 lipo's... should be possible i guess...

Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

I had this set up in a balsa and ply sport/ trainer that was every bit of 7 1/2 lbs. and used a 13 x 6.5 APC and it flew really nice. It's a 640KV motor I'd like to go with a 3 blade prop. I'll be experimenting to find the best combo. I'm looking for scale performance. Mounted the mains yesterday with no issues and I'll tackle the nose gear today. I'm still not sold on the manuals steering set up but will just start on it and see where it takes me.

Mike
            Hey Mike, I did the steering setup per the book on mine and it works great. Just make sure to tighten down the cables when the gear is extended and you should be just fine.

Comment

• Thanks for the input. I'm mocking up my idea using small eye bolts rather than that aluminum bracket. It should serve the same purpose. I'm using different material that the supplied cable also Sullivan Kevlar pull pull stuff I had laying around. I'll test the set up before gluing anything.

Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0220.JPG
Views:	670
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	217867

Comment

• I think this will work out. Testing continues.Nothing is mounted or tighten yet.
                Mike

Name:	IMG_0221.JPG
Views:	712
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	217889

Comment

I think this will work out. Testing continues.Nothing is mounted or tighten yet.
                  Mike

Name:	IMG_0221.JPG
Views:	712
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	217889
                  Sweet!

Comment

• I had problems after a few flights with the supplied steering hardware. Basically the wire started to dig into the plastic tube it comes out of due to the 180 degree turn. If you go back I had posted a pic of my solution, it was to move the u-shaped rod they supplied forward and have the wire go around it and then back to the steering collar. Haven't had any problems since. I also eliminated the turnbuckles and just used some ez connectors on both ends. Pull the wire tight and it works great. I did have to go to a bigger size wire but no problem. I do like the idea of the eye bolts to do the same as I did. As far as the other question about doing a loop, I haven't tried it yet. My set-up seems to have enough power but I usually fly it scale. It will do an aileron roll but it's not pretty. Not very axial. And yes I'm using 11x7 three bladed MAS props.

Comment

• Hi guys.new to the forum and have been reading through the posts.
                      Will be getting the Bronco soon, well as soon as they get the retracts in.
                      Would like to get everything in one hit as it's free postage which saves heaps coming to Australia ( exchange rate is bad and the Aust. Gov add another 10% )
                      So I have a few questions about the Bronco
                      How far does it break down for transport ?
                      Sounds like it would be better to run 5S power,will the stock motors handle this ( with upgrade to 85Amp ESC's ) ?
                      I'm sure there will be more questions later,but enough for now.
                      I will say that I'm very impressed with MRC,all the video's and service are great
                      Cheers

Comment

• This is going to work. I used some of the included hardware Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0222.JPG
Views:	705
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	218036Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0223.JPG
Views:	664
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	218037 but not much.

Mike

Comment

This is going to work. I used some of the included hardware Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0222.JPG
Views:	705
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	218036Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0223.JPG
Views:	664
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	218037 but not much.

Mike
                          What are using for cable? Looks way more flexible than wire cable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thor100 View Post
                            Hi guys.new to the forum and have been reading through the posts.
                            Will be getting the Bronco soon, well as soon as they get the retracts in.
                            Would like to get everything in one hit as it's free postage which saves heaps coming to Australia ( exchange rate is bad and the Aust. Gov add another 10% )
                            So I have a few questions about the Bronco
                            How far does it break down for transport ?
                            Sounds like it would be better to run 5S power,will the stock motors handle this ( with upgrade to 85Amp ESC's ) ?
                            I'm sure there will be more questions later,but enough for now.
                            I will say that I'm very impressed with MRC,all the video's and service are great
                            Cheers
                            I break mine down into four pieces: boom with wing attached, boom with wing, horizontal stab and center fuselage. Fits in back of my Chevy HHR. 5 to 10 minutes assembly. I’m using 5S with Eflite power 46 motors and ESC from Freewing 80mm A-10. They work very well in this application due to the very long battery and servo leads. 100 amps each. 12x8 MAS 3 blade props. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post

What are using for cable? Looks way more flexible than wire cable.
                              Kevlar from a Sullivan Pull Pull System I had on hand I prefer it over the wire. Looks like it might be discontinued.

Mike

Comment

• Guys , considering getting this beauty with my own 2x 60 size motors.
                                My question centers around :
                                1)retracts is everyone using the suggested retracts and if so are there struts available ?
                                2)is this model set up for counter rotating or is everyone flying with standard directional props?
                                Thank You

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehockey View Post
                                  Guys , considering getting this beauty with my own 2x 60 size motors.
                                  My question centers around :
                                  1)retracts is everyone using the suggested retracts and if so are there struts available ?
                                  2)is this model set up for counter rotating or is everyone flying with standard directional props?
                                  Thank You
                                  1-Xwave retracts offered by Motion. The struts are included in the "kit"
                                  2- Spinners that come with the "kit" are not set up for counter rotation but you can replace them.

It's a really nice ARF and straight a froward assembly. Personally I think the 60's is overkill.

Mike

Comment

• I went overboard on my retracts because the Motion set wasnt avail yet. I did Robart electric with 95 degree mains, 110 degree nose, robart trailing link struts. As for the motors, since this scale would need 14.5" and i wanted to swing 3bl, i had two 4030/10 Emax motors that fit the bill perfectly and i will be using counter rotating MA 15x7x3. I used Dubro 2.5" i think three blade spinners and cut out for the reverse prop and enlarged for the props. Im wiring it all up curently and adding some details so should be able to maiden soon.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice guys. I will look into the Motion retracts and the option for Robart.
                                      As far as the 60ties , I have to determine the overall weight. On my A26 , I am very please with the performance of the 60ties and over all setup.

Comment

• I too say that 60s are overkill. Mine is set up for 5s and today I flew it with the 5000 mah lipos on board. After going from the original 4s set up, I was able to take out 4 oz of weight in the nose due to the heavier batteries. With my E-Flite 32s I have plenty of power and most of the flight is just above half throttle. 46s would be the biggest I would say if you want some more power. For those of you using the X-Wave retracts, how are you making the nose wheel steering with those retracts. I got one to see how they are and I see that you will have to drill out the trunnion block and find a pin to go in there from another nose wheel retract. I asked Motion if they are going to make a steerable retract and was told no. I'm currently using an E-Flite nose wheel retract for a 60-90 size and it works well although the wheel doesn't go all the way up in the wheel well. I can live with that since I'm not a super scale guy. Overall I love the way it flies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post

I break mine down into four pieces: boom with wing attached, boom with wing, horizontal stab and center fuselage. Fits in back of my Chevy HHR. 5 to 10 minutes assembly. I’m using 5S with Eflite power 46 motors and ESC from Freewing 80mm A-10. They work very well in this application due to the very long battery and servo leads. 100 amps each. 12x8 MAS 3 blade props. Welcome to the forum.
                                          Thanks for the reply Kangi1954. I thought that's what the breakdown would be. I will be going with the power 46's and 100 amp esc, as for the 5S not so much as I can't get them in Australia ( hobby shops or HK ) and too expensive to get from the States. So start with 4S and see how it goes, then if needs be swap to 6S.
                                          Still a pain waiting for the retracts from MRC ( why not order the same amount of retracts as you have Bronco's ? )

Comment

Working...
                                          X