Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going with a separate receiver battery.

Comment

• Just finished hooking up my two receiver's, one in each fuse. So now putting together at the field I only have ESC to battery out of one wing and the same on the other wing plus nose gear lead.
      Hopefully it looks like it all works well...………….well till the test flight. Still waiting for MRC to get the retracts in, got to be soon, surely

Comment

• About ready to wrap up my assembly. Any of you that have flown this have any thoughts on CG , flap to elevator mix or any other helpful tips?

Thanks
        Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I found the manual's recommended CG to be spot on...

Comment

• Retracts are now in stock

Comment

• I just resume the assembly, now the electronic part is in position and tested.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Now cockpit turn.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Decals on.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• 🚦🚦 By any chance what capacity of Lipo are you guys using or intended to use?. In my case i'm planning on using 2 6s-5000 but the space is very tight and some say that they are flying with two 4 or 5 cell.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post
                      🚦🚦 By any chance what capacity of Lipo are you guys using or intended to use?. In my case i'm planning on using 2 6s-5000 but the space is very tight and some say that they are flying with two 4 or 5 cell.

Thanks.
                      I'm going with 2 - HRB 5S 4000's. There's plenty of room to move them around. Still haven't CG'd it yet.

Mike

Comment

• I recall a question earlier regarding the Bronco's nose. Here are a few pictures I took earlier this summer at the factory. Perhaps it will be helpful for those planning to drill the nose to install a nose light. You can see the layers of balsa block that are then sanded to shape. Not seen is the jigs to pre-shape the layered pieces beforehand this final step of putty and sanding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C0095T01.JPG
Views:	704
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	223896Click image for larger version

Name:	C0100T01.JPG
Views:	768
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	223895
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Finally got my Bronco here... I've been ordering all the gear needed for the build... i will use the 5055-390KV motors from the flightline 1600mm spitfire , and Ramoser 3 blade varioprops...

as for the LG i'm still not sure....certainly not the stock ones..

I will post some pictures when i've made progress...

Didier

Comment

• I started the build...

First i made the pitot tube, it's made of plasticard tubing and carbon rod, with a screw glued in the end..

Name:	80104918_813588202417878_2673707748390076416_n.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	224601

A brass tube with a magnet glued in holds it in place.... this way it's easily removable for transportation..

Name:	80062232_2479899262233504_441545208081940480_n.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	224602

The hole for the nose light is already made...

Name:	81096075_2325916077699550_8116826974929813504_n.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	224603

The reflector is scavenged from a flashlight, the LED is from a freewing landing light i still had...

Name:	80975692_602765203824207_2743410991680192512_n.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	224604

Everything will be glued in place at the end of the build, and painted accordingly....

Hope you like it guy's!

Merry X mas to ya all !!

Didier

Comment

• Took a break from this one and am back on it. Just a few more odds and ends and she’s done
                              Mike
                              Attached Files

Comment

• For those that have flown it, how critical is the COG at 85 mm. Just finishing the build and find to achieve the recommended balance I will need about 350gms/12ozs in the nose.
                                I am running Eflite Power 60's and 2x 5S 5000 batterys ( tot 1283 gms/45 ozs ).
                                I suppose what it is is what it is, not as if I can take any weight from the tail.

Comment

• I did a search within the thread and 2 post give the recommended Cg of 85mm being "spot on".

Comment

• Yeah, that's what I thought, so now it's a matter of adding lead.
                                    Also looking at adding a sound system, just love the sound of a turbine spooling up

Comment

• Did I see that right, 45oz of weight. Or is it 4.5 oz of weight. I'm running Power 32s with 5s 5000mah lipos and I have about 4oz of weight in the front. The recommended CG feels right in mine. I still might be a tad nose heavy but overall it flies very well and stable at all speeds. I have very little trim in the elevator for level flight. Just make sure that you even up the elevator with the stab when setting it up. I did the the old that looks good for the first flights and had to put a bunch of up trim in it to get it to level out. I almost ran out of trim. Checked it at home and discovered I had put down trim in the elevator by mistake. After fixing that, all is well.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up on the elevator. As for the battery's they are Nano Tech 5S 5000 at a total weight of 2 lbs 13.5 ozs and as far forward as possible. I have no idea why it's tail heavy.
                                        Hopefully adding another 12 ozs in the nose wont make that much difference ( He says to himself with hope )

Comment

• I ve been working on the cockpit... Being very visible I couldn't resist to add some detail.. Instruments are made from plastcard strips and rods.. Time consuming but well worth the effort I hope..

. ​ ​​​
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	81486193_587807545332517_3045275677088546816_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.6 KB ID:	226258
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	81376403_584656032328630_7241363020524290048_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.4 KB ID:	226257
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	81222246_2975155162545458_371245462553886720_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.6 KB ID:	226254

Still a lot to do...

Grtz,

Didier
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X