Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unboxed the OV-10 yesterday and what a nice kit! Just waiting on some electronics to come in and then I think I am going to take this kit to Tired Iron aviation to make a nice build video of it.

Comment

• Wow looks really nice. Just what I need another project........................................... .

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Boots, so the cowling will fit a standard 2.5” spinner? I’m thinking of simpler and just using Dubro spinners with MA 3-blade 15-7. I like to see what your numbers are on this prop/motor combo. I gave my LHS my laundry list yesterday and the Callie graphics ship tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
          Looking good so far, Boots! I admire your ingenuity! That's always the most fun part about putting together a balsa KIT or ARF.
          Thanks Alpha! I’m glad to have a Bronco, but would prefer one from Flightline that comes complete. Looking over the spare parts I don’t see the retract units listed yet. What will they cost? Can I trade in my fuel tanks and engine mounts and get a discount on the gear units?
          :P
          The plastic retract units like the FreeWing T-45 90mm are inadequate for this size and weight and their 60mm wheels look silly. It comes with 75mm mains, and to me those look small.
          I’ve been looking across the inter web for these all metal units with no luck, Motion is the place that lists them.
          At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• For those scalies (like me;)) the tires on the full scale are NOSE 21 inch and MAINS 29 inch.
            Since this is a 1:7 scale model the appropriate Nose is approx. 3 inch or 75mm and Main is 4 inch or 100mm (MM numbers are close enough for government work :P)

Reminder from my post earlier on the prop.......... 103 inch full scale which equates as 1:7 about a 14.to 15 inch 3 blade
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks for the tire sizes CB. I was reading the overview for this Bronco, which really is a nice looking ARF, and it states : designed for electric power....Were this true we wouldn’t be using plastic standoffs to mount the motors to yet another heavy plywood firewall! It was designed for gas and they include $30 of fuel tanks....FAKE NEWS
              LOL

Comment

• Sam 51401: yes the MA Props 15x7 or 14x9 3blade are perfect for this bird, I have the spinners from TOPMODEL CZ 64x71mm https://www.pp-rc.de/SPINNER/De-luxe...Nr=A2221&p=703

Comment

• Originally posted by Nottoday View Post
                  Sam 51401: yes the MA Props 15x7 or 14x9 3blade are perfect for this bird, I have the spinners from TOPMODEL CZ 64x71mm https://www.pp-rc.de/SPINNER/De-luxe...Nr=A2221&p=703
                  What motor are you using? If like me you’re using an FMS motor the back plate becomes an issue, due to the hex index on the motor shaft. It’s easier for me to modify the fms prop blades to the Zero spinner than bugger up an aluminum spinner back plate and risk an out of round imbalance. I’ve muffed a few!:Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                    Boots, so the cowling will fit a standard 2.5” spinner? I’m thinking of simpler and just using Dubro spinners with MA 3-blade 15-7. I like to see what your numbers are on this prop/motor combo. I gave my LHS my laundry list yesterday and the Callie graphics ship tomorrow.
                    My motor/prop combo is the same as used with the FMS P-40B. The FMS 4258-650kv motor spinning FMS 14x8 3blade propellers on 4S is a well proven combo. I had to order the propellers from Horizon as MRC doesn’t carry the FMS F8F Tiger Cat, who calls these 15x8, but are 14x8 blades. Happy Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nottoday View Post
                      Sam 51401: yes the MA Props 15x7 or 14x9 3blade are perfect for this bird, I have the spinners from TOPMODEL CZ 64x71mm https://www.pp-rc.de/SPINNER/De-luxe...Nr=A2221&p=703
                      Nice spinners you found. If for waht ever reason the Dubro ones dont cut it, ill order a set of these.
                      Boots, the motors are EMax 4030/10 385Kv on 6s and per nototday, either teh 15x7 or 14x8. I found a video on YT of a Skybolt wiht the very motor and prop and it flew great. That same system x2 should be perfect wiht power to spare on the Bronco. Im ordering form MRC the main gears and some T4 nose strut parts also to round out the gear install. Im thinking that eh wheels for th eYak might be a good size also as they are not as wide as some Robart or other wheels in the 3-4" range. Bad thing is that the mains are out of stock.

Comment

• After the Maiden flight I changed to Leopard 5055 430kv on 6S the MA 15x7 3blades make 8300U/min., the Turnigy engines do not work well with the Hobbywing ESC and therefore the strange noise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                          The plastic retract units like the FreeWing T-45 90mm are inadequate for this size and weight and their 60mm wheels look silly.

The T-45 has metal retracts.
                          TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

I think he was meaning the retract housing... All metal struts and such, but still a plastic housing? Does that make sense? :Thinking:

Comment

• Most all of the retracts, sans an upgrade, are like that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...ding-gear-left

I think he was meaning the retract housing... All metal struts and such, but still a plastic housing? Does that make sense? :Thinking:
                                Yeah but I don't think they would be an issue and should up as good as the wood around them on a rough landing...I'm hoping the A-10 retracts I have in my 92" OV-10 will hold up ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181113_224309713_iOS.jpg
Views:	990
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	197483
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Yep, they will work fine. That Chinese light ply is top of the line!!!! :Silly:;):)

Comment

• Is that Corsair props you have on her? :Thinking:

Comment

• Or FMS P-47? So many options!!! Very cool none the less...

Comment

• Hey there TI, looks like your bucking Bronco has a bad case of the tiny tires!LOL:P
                                        what does she weigh, may I ask?

Comment

• I am about to build a metal shop. Did you have local folks do that or do you have a recommendation. I am looking for 30x50 or in that range, hopefully with a loft or two story. Kind of gambrel roof type....

Comment

Working...
                                          X