X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    I am about to build a metal shop. Did you have local folks do that or do you have a recommendation. I am looking for 30x50 or in that range, hopefully with a loft or two story. Kind of gambrel roof type....
    I do my own metal buildings, we have a metal wholesaler nearby.

The props are one piece HSD A-1 Skyraider props with FMS Pitts motors behind them.

On the the OV-10 I know I'm lacking in the scale end but not too bad for $100 ;)
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Nice!! I have the Skyraider and a few extra 16" props too!!! Thanks for the reply!! Looks fine to me!!! Fly it like you stole it from Charlie!!! LOL:Cool:

Comment

• Those props are just massive and cool, being one piece... Blessing Bro! ;)

Comment

• so if I read it right , if going with a 6s setup only one 6s batt is req. correct thank you.

Comment

• I’m going with a 6s per motor. If using one bat on two units then your flight time will suffer greatly. You may be able also to use a suitable C rated pack on one bat/two motor but that to me would be pushing it unless you drop the motor amps.

Comment

• I fly with 2x 6s 4200mAh, one 8000 or 10000mah goes of course too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                Nice!! I have the Skyraider and a few extra 16" props too!!! Thanks for the reply!! Looks fine to me!!! Fly it like you stole it from Charlie!!! LOL:Cool:
                Reading 4 post later and still can't stop laughing. All I can picture is George standing guard at the "Aerodrome" entrance since he knows I know where he livesLOL
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	bronco-AV155506.jpg
Views:	1044
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	198117 After a week of mulling this over I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Lots of decisions to be made as far as power set up and so on. Once it arrives I'll start to figure it all out out. On thing that got to go is the gloss finish. I'll either scuff it or repaint. I've got this thing for sharks teeth.

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Welcome on the horse, er... Bronco.... , MikeT!

With the group tackling power systems and comparing notes for undercarriage, I hope someone will dive into 3DPUPS for this aircraft. The counterweights on the horizontal stab, for example, and various antennas/warts/blisters throughout the aircraft.

Down the road, easy customizations would be backlit instrument panels since they're so much space, lighting, and ordnance.

I also recommend Adam's wares at www.warbirdpilots.com. I tested their full bodied modern pilot figure in our prototype OV-10 and the fit is nearly perfect in the front seat with a little slicing of the cockpit floor for his legs.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• What pilot did you go with.?
                      Mike

Comment

• They sell a military pilot, full body, 1/7 scale. I need to find the pictures I took of him.

Comment

• Mine comes today.... I have decided to use 2 Rim Fire .60 on 11x10 2 blade props. or 13x8 3 blade. Esc's will be 100 amp Yep. I have used this motor combo on 6s Lipos, with good sucess in Warbird Racing. I can always throttle back, 'NOT'

Comment

• I'm wondering how easily this bird can be broken down for transport and what components are separated. Thanks for any answers. I really, really want this plane but I drive a Chevy HHR.

Comment

• Kangi1954, You have a two piece wing , two booms, a center fuse and horizontal tail. Each of these six assemblies has at least one servo to connect. It should fit your veh and goes together and comes apart easily if you keep the electrical leads long.

Alpha, any idea on when the retracts will be available?
                              Why does a fixed gear standoff model come with so much hardware most people won’t use?
                              It’s fixed gear, so it shouldn’t come with smaller wheels! It comes with struts, but struts only accommodate a 3” main wheel. Make the yoke 1/2 inch longer for a 4” wheel and we can shorten it if needed!
                              It is a Bronco...no buyers remorse...yet.

Bob

Comment

• Retracts are departing in a couple of weeks. As for yoke enlargement, I agree that would look neat, so I can look into that and see if anything could be tweaked in the future. However, as I recall the issue during this model's development was ground stance and fitting inside the model. As you know, the real Bronco hydraulically adjusts its undercarriage stance for taxi and takeoff to manage AoA, and also adjusts that geometry at multiple pivoting points for storing inside the fuse and booms, which we can't do at this scale and price point. We're constrained by a non-telescoping strut and a 90 degree movement arc. If you replicated a real Bronco's undercarriage articulation in this size, the price would jump. If you took only the scale shape in its deployed state and tried to pivot that up into the booms, it wouldn't fit, and if you tried to do that with the nose carriage, it would protrude a bit beneath the fuselage line. I remember trying that but no dice. So, similar to what we did with the Freewing 90mm T-45, we took the suspension geometry, model weight, spring strength (for the given available space inside the scale diameter strut) and rebound, etc into consideration when designing the entire layout such that the model had ample suspension yet didn't sag or bottom out during landing and still fit into the wheel well. At the end of the day, it has to fit and work well in the context of the model.

As I mentioned yesterday, I dug around and found a couple pictures of the scale pilot I used from Adam. No modifications to the pilot, and a simple cut in the stock plastic cockpit floor for his feet to reach. He could probably sit a centimeter lower, but overall it's a pretty good fit with minimal work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2214.JPG
Views:	1530
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	198361Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2212.JPG
Views:	1509
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	198360Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2213.JPG
Views:	1559
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	198359

The cockpit is my favorite part of this aircraft.

Name:	DSC05566.JPG
Views:	1508
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	198363Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05536.JPG
Views:	1540
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	198362

And here's a shot for overall scale relative to a DX9. Pay no attention to the test props I was using at the time.

Name:	DSC05554 - Copy.JPG
Views:	1648
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	198365Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05564 - Copy.JPG
Views:	1665
Size:	322.7 KB
ID:	198366
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Pilot looks really good. I just may have to bite the bullet and order a couple.

Mike

Comment

• I only tested the front seat as shown. I didn't test the back seat. The battery is under that area so you'd probably need to cut the backseater off at the knees?

Comment

• Thanks. I figured as much with all that canopy, that cockpit area needs the pilots.

Mike

Comment

• Are the retracts Motion lists for the mains? How about the nose?

Mike

Comment

• Alpha..........Looks like you were using the FMS T-28 props ;) I'm planning on using the FMS Tigercat power plant & props. :Cool:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2214.JPG Views:	0 Size:	147.7 KB ID:	198361
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X