Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I did it! Pushed the button and my Bronco is on the way! I haven't been this excited to get a new plane since...ever!

Comment

• Are there any videos of the actual model flying? This is extremely interesting,have the art from years ago sitting in a box in my garage this is much, much cooler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldman View Post
        Are there any videos of the actual model flying? This is extremely interesting,have the art from years ago sitting in a box in my garage this is much, much cooler.
        Post #38 has two links. ;) ....................and welcome to the Squawk.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks OV10
          Those 2 videos were not of the new OV10 from Motion,correct ? I think they were of the ARF from the M.A.N. guy.Cant remember his name. I have that kit unbuilt in my garage.but this new kit appears to be way better. Was looking for a video of it flying. Also maybe a build along posting.

Comment

Thanks OV10
            Those 2 videos were not of the new OV10 from Motion,correct ? I think they were of the ARF from the M.A.N. guy.Cant remember his name. I have that kit unbuilt in my garage.but this new kit appears to be way better. Was looking for a video of it flying. Also maybe a build along posting.
            Yep they are. This has been in Europe under the name of Pichler and you can search for there website with this arf for comparison.

Comment

• Can someone help on my prop selection please. My motors will do 14 to 18" props on 6s and I'm looking at the MA 15-7 3b but like to try a 16-10 3b cut to 15" dia .
              Thoughts or ideas as these are the only sizes that I can get a matching ccw pusher.
              Anyone care to guess on an approximate pitch of a cut down 16" that I can throw in e-calc for some comparisons?

Comment

• MA makes a 14x10 in both CW & CCW if that helps at all. I have them on Power 60’s from Eflite with CC 100 amp ESC’s. 6s. Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                  MA makes a 14x10 in both CW & CCW if that helps at all. I have them on Power 60’s from Eflite with CC 100 amp ESC’s. 6s. Jerry
                  They must not offer that prop any longer as the current selection on their site for a matched pair of both are 14-7, 15-7 and 16-10. I would go 14-10 over the 15-7 for sure if they still had them. I have a call into MA to see what they say about the cut down 16-10 to 15" and asked if they might trim and balance for me a set.

Comment

• Found the German kit,surprising it looked quite small in the first video sitting on the round table,remebered the name of the guy who did the 2 ARFs of the OV10 "Rich Utravitch" Thanks for the info again. I have the small ARF of the OV10 sitting unassembled in the box,I think it was a 55" WS. Going to order this 70" OV1 shortly.

Comment

Found the German kit,surprising it looked quite small in the first video sitting on the round table,remebered the name of the guy who did the 2 ARFs of the OV10 "Rich Utravitch" Thanks for the info again. I have the small ARF of the OV10 sitting unassembled in the box,I think it was a 55" WS. Going to order this 70" OV1 shortly.
                      The Uravitch small version is a 52" (Same one showing in my profile pic ;))
                      And Sam51401 is correct, this Motion product is a rebrand of the Pichler so the vids I referenced are representative of what we can expect for flight charateristics.
                      Big,small or in between that all................a Bronco is a sweet flying airframe and WILL handle any turf ya throw in it's way (as long as ya have some appropriate gear):Cool:
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Speaking of gear OV10, Im getting my LHS to add in the T45 main struts and the Yak nose strut to his next MRC order. What size mains are you considering that would fit the struts?
                        The nose strut i seen can take up to 60mm in the posted pic a ways back so roughly 2.25" nose and 3-3.5" for mains maybe?

Comment

• Quick clarification, the ProFly OV-10 isn't a "rebrand" of the Pichler OV-10, which to some might imply Pichler produces the airplane. Both OV-10s are produced by the factory Black Horse. I worked with Black Horse years ago to get this OV-10 to our standards and some tweaks were made along the way in addition to a lengthy licensing process. In the meantime Pichler began selling their colorway in Europe. Our version is not available in Europe but rather exclusively through Motion RC's USA warehouse under the ProFly brand, which as Stuart mentioned is our in-house balsa brand line that we'll be expanding in due time.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hey Oldman the round table is very big.LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                              Retracts are departing in a couple of weeks. As for yoke enlargement, I agree that would look neat, so I can look into that and see if anything could be tweaked in the future. However, as I recall the issue during this model's development was ground stance and fitting inside the model. As you know, the real Bronco hydraulically adjusts its undercarriage stance for taxi and takeoff to manage AoA, and also adjusts that geometry at multiple pivoting points for storing inside the fuse and booms, which we can't do at this scale and price point. We're constrained by a non-telescoping strut and a 90 degree movement arc. If you replicated a real Bronco's undercarriage articulation in this size, the price would jump. If you took only the scale shape in its deployed state and tried to pivot that up into the booms, it wouldn't fit, and if you tried to do that with the nose carriage, it would protrude a bit beneath the fuselage line. I remember trying that but no dice. So, similar to what we did with the Freewing 90mm T-45, we took the suspension geometry, model weight, spring strength (for the given available space inside the scale diameter strut) and rebound, etc into consideration when designing the entire layout such that the model had ample suspension yet didn't sag or bottom out during landing and still fit into the wheel well. At the end of the day, it has to fit and work well in the context of the model.

As I mentioned yesterday, I dug around and found a couple pictures of the scale pilot I used from Adam. No modifications to the pilot, and a simple cut in the stock plastic cockpit floor for his feet to reach. He could probably sit a centimeter lower, but overall it's a pretty good fit with minimal work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2214.JPG
Views:	1532
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	198361Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2212.JPG
Views:	1511
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	198360Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2213.JPG
Views:	1562
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	198359

The cockpit is my favorite part of this aircraft.

Name:	DSC05566.JPG
Views:	1511
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	198363Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05536.JPG
Views:	1542
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	198362

And here's a shot for overall scale relative to a DX9. Pay no attention to the test props I was using at the time.

Name:	DSC05554 - Copy.JPG
Views:	1651
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	198365Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05564 - Copy.JPG
Views:	1668
Size:	322.7 KB
ID:	198366

It`s very nice Alpha, the Pilot is great.Cool:

Comment

• So who is going to modify the one piece fiberglass "butt" to be a functioning door for the commandos?

Name:	DSC05575 - Copy.JPG
Views:	1170
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	198919

Comment

• Just picked mine up from work as it was delivered yesterday and I wasn't there. One big box and no signs of shipping damage. I haven't opened it up yet as I need to make some room.

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                    Quick clarification, the ProFly OV-10 isn't a "rebrand" of the Pichler OV-10, which to some might imply Pichler produces the airplane. Both OV-10s are produced by the factory Black Horse. I worked with Black Horse years ago to get this OV-10 to our standards and some tweaks were made along the way in addition to a lengthy licensing process. In the meantime Pichler began selling their colorway in Europe. Our version is not available in Europe but rather exclusively through Motion RC's USA warehouse under the ProFly brand, which as Stuart mentioned is our in-house balsa brand line that we'll be expanding in due time.

Thanks Alpha for the clarification on the Profly and Pichler versions. Sounds like this plane and your collaboration with Black Horse has been in the works for some time and with this offering and others, well appreciated.

As to the rear cargo door being functional, that should be fairly easy but will look at making it removable for troop deployments😎. I will be trying to get mine done before long but have some other events and life chores to take care of along the way. I have received my graphics from Callie and need to recover the top of the wing white but not much modding needed the way it comes box stock. I’m inquiring to Master Airscrew on props also and will follow up once they reply.
                                    Thanks again for making this available and looking forward to the next Profly offering in the pipe line.
                                    Sam

Comment

• Are you going for this USMC bird or thereabouts, Sam?

Name:	Bronco Marines Green - White.jpg
Views:	1727
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	198925

Comment

• That be the very one. I lived next to camp Pendleton and started rc flying with the club off the runway. Seen many of VMO 2 flying over.:)

Comment

• This is a beautifully constructed plane, I can not find a flaw in mine. The covering is strong and with light scotchbrite or steel wool will accept most paints.
                                          Hey Alpha, how difficult would it be to re-jig the twin booms and offer an electric version, eliminating the double firewall and plastic standoffs, which to me is added weight and wasted space? IC engine folks can use a radial mount backplate and benefit as well, as the space would be for the fuel tank, lines, and throttle servos.
                                          The pilot looks great you show, what does it weigh?

Id like the price better IF it included installed servos, and L/G struts that allowed a 100mm wheel/tire be used!:P

Comment

Working...
                                          X