X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
    Pilot teaser, one with visor down, one up.
    :Scared::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::D rooling::Drooling:

Thats it! Exactly! 1/7????????

Comment

• Where is a link????
      C’mon Sam I am. I’m ready to make it RAIN!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Ok, site is still in works

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	855E54DD-0546-4963-BA62-1C6568527477.png
Views:	1125
Size:	458.4 KB
ID:	199572
            Wow. I sent Mike an email on his site, anxious to find out if he can help me. It’s under construction as you said and therefore confusing, but if you read the “Who we are” page, I think you really hit the jackpot Sam!
            Thank you so much! Click image for larger version

Name:	0C23D6D1-05FA-49E3-AB0B-FFD652D77338.png
Views:	1097
Size:	374.6 KB
ID:	199571

Bob

Comment

• So I'm thinking this is the livery I want to go with. Stock gloss covering will work with this and I think Marines is a little more realistic than Navy. No offense intended to the squids. Does anyone know if Callies decals are pliable enough to wrap the sharks mouth around the nose as depicted?

Comment

• I can speak for Callie on the graphics, yes. I'll post a pic tonight of a special order I just applied as of last night. Had to get creative to split in to smaller workable sections but I'll let the pic speak for itself.
                Added pics post #210

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                  Are you going for this USMC bird or thereabouts, Sam?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bronco Marines Green - White.jpg
Views:	1712
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	198925
                  That's the one I plan on doing.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	OV10 two.JPG
Views:	1088
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	199632 Okay OV-10, here's some photos of the Profly and the Uravich planes. I'm slowly getting it together. If any of you are considering using the ESCs from the Freewing A-10,they work perfect and have plenty of wire to go to the fuselage. There's at least 10 inches of wire coming through the fuselage to hook up to the batteries. The BEC that comes with it also has plenty of wire. Click image for larger version

Name:	OV10 one.JPG
Views:	1141
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	199631

Comment

• Here are several pics of my current project FW L39 with Callie graphics. As you can see this is more intricate than the mouth you wish to place on the Bronco so yours should be an easier placement. I did have to cut this into several pieces to be able to work it and you may have better results doing same depending on the curvature where it goes.
                      IT is very doable, just takes a little time to work it down.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Nice comparisons Rosytime :Cool: I had not doubt that the FW A-10 ESC setup would work on this...........am already using it on an 92 inch w/s ASM A-26. ;)
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Here are several pics of my current project FW L39 with Callie graphics. As you can see this is more intricate than the mouth you wish to place on the Bronco so yours should be an easier placement. I did have to cut this into several pieces to be able to work it and you may have better results doing same depending on the curvature where it goes.
                          IRS very doable, just takes a little time to work it down.
                          Wow! That looks awesome. Thanks for replying! :)

Comment

I've dealt with them. They did my 1/9th scale WW 2 pacific nay pilots.

Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2241.JPG
Views:	1070
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	199696Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2242.JPG
Views:	1099
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	199697
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Are they resin cast or 3D printed? Either way, what's the approximate wall thickness?
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                Are they resin cast or 3D printed? Either way, what's the approximate wall thickness?
                                Resin ( not sure about the thickness ) and they come painted which I was happy about. SAM51401 if your working with Mike Hicks on these have him shrink it down a tad they seemed a bit big IMO.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Resin ( not sure about the thickness ) and they come painted which I was happy about. SAM51401 if your working with Mike Hicks on these have him shrink it down a tad they seemed a bit big IMO.

Mike
                                  Being they are cast, shrinking wont be possible like if 3D printed. It’s nice having that type of control as I did that also on a set of pilots for my L39. I did a 10% reduction and maybe shrank it a little to much. Still learning the ins and outs on that.:Silly:

Comment

Being they are cast, shrinking wont be possible like if 3D printed. It’s nice having that type of control as I did that also on a set of pilots for my L39. I did a 10% reduction and maybe shrank it a little to much. Still learning the ins and outs on that.:Silly:
                                    Cool, well I'm in for a couple.

Mike

Comment

• I ordered two 1 / 7th scale full body Bronco pilots and two 1 / 9th scale for my Uravich Bronco. They where $22 each $8 for shipping. Only $96 total for four Marine pilots! Can’t wait to get them! Michael says he will be back open after July Fourth. :Cool:

Comment

• Callie graphics is now selling the OV 10 livery in 1/7 scale. I had e-mailed her about that scale and she updated her website. And does anybody know if the other livery is for this color scheme also. I have seen other OV 10s with all gray paint.

Comment

• I forgot to add that I wired up all my servos today and started to run all the extensions. I will have 6 servo connections in one boom and five in the other. This is in addition to the battery leads coming from each boom. A wiring nightmare if you don't bundle them up and label them. I also were unable to find a 2.25 three bladed spinner other than carbon fiber. When I finally get it in the air and figure out which props I'm going to use, it will have no spinners at first. I guess I'll have to get some custom made for that final touch. The other issue I have mentioned before is that the landing gear is much too stiff as it comes in the kit. I'll have to see about changing the springs so they get some kind of movement. If you haven't checked the gear yet, do so and you'll see how they are way too stiff.

Comment

Working...
                                          X