Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just noticed that both of my engine cowls are the same, the scoop is on the same side. Will someone else check their kit and see if it's the same before I contact Motion. Click image for larger version

Name:	OV 10 cowl.JPG
Views:	1048
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	200909

Comment

• I just checked the video and I see that the scoops are correct. One will on the inside and one will be on the outside.

Comment

• Got my props and spinners the other day and will need to carve the 2.5" spinners to fit the 15x7 and 16x10 props. Naturally the biggest carve will be on the reverse pitch spinner. So im going to start by making a template using vinyl so to attach over each of the three prop reliefs. Having never had to trim a spinner in this fashion before, what would be a good recommendation on how to trim the opening?
        Would i match the pattern up on the "leading" edge side relative to the prop or should i line up on the trailing edge and trim out the forward side on the opening? Once i start i will try one side and if it works out, photo and describe the process on the other spinner.
        Probably the most important piece of equipment to have for this will be a very good prop balancer like the Dubro one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
          Just noticed that both of my engine cowls are the same, the scoop is on the same side. Will someone else check their kit and see if it's the same before I contact Motion.
          This is true to the full scale.

Comment

• Geez the scale landing gear is sooo sexy.:Drooling:

Comment

• Hey Dirty Dee, very nice if you can print them i would take them.

Best Regards
              Markus

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

just opened up my file that I stopped working on 2 years ago. Here is a pic of what I have.

Comment

• I just received my Dubro 2.5" 3-blade spinners. The MAS 12x8 standard prop fits perfectly with no trimming required. Even the counter rotating prop almost fits in the cut-outs and will require only very minimal trimming. Woo hoo! Love it when a plan comes together. :)Now if I can figure out what I'm gonna do about the nose gear. I don't really like the push/pull cable of the stock set-up. I'm looking at the 90mm YAK nose gear from FW but that presents it's own set of engineering problems due to the need to relocate the steering servo. Anyone solved this yet? Photos would be awesome.

Comment

• Received the MRC order at the LHS of the main struts and nose strut. First impression, too small. :( Will tell more once i get more into it on that. I really believe that these struts would fit much better on the 52" kit and not a 70" but again, its trial and error in this game. I havent tried to carve the spinners yet but will make the pattern for both CW and CCW blades more toward this weekend.
                  I have a larger forked jet strut that i will look at and see if that may work a little better. Short of a small mill or access to a machine shop, the gear will most likely be the one elusive factor to get it closer to a realistic representation.
                  Oh well, on to other items like the exhaust. Chris(DirtyDee) and i talked at this last weeks event and he is looking to see what he can contribute.
                  Keep the ideas flowing and we will hit on something good soon.

Comment

• Hi all, i just bought the OV-10 and spent a great time looking for the electronic retracts. Today i chat with a MRC support agent and he told me that the suggested xwave retracts are going to be available around 3 to 4 months from now, so i'm wondering if anyone does have another retract options that are not sierra or Robart?.

Comment

• The main gear are easy ones from HK or other shops. The nose gear , as designed, is different, and when using HK unit, the steering bar bottoms out before the wheel is in the well. That is why I was asking what others are doing to correct this problem...

Mike

Comment

• Rather than redesigning the wheel I'll wait on the Xwave retracts. Patience does have it's rewards.

Mike.
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Use the EFlite 60-120 units. I compared dimensions and are same.

Comment

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
                            The main gear are easy ones from HK or other shops. The nose gear , as designed, is different, and when using HK unit, the steering bar bottoms out before the wheel is in the well. That is why I was asking what others are doing to correct this problem...

Mike
                            Here is a pair of mains from HK, on back order and no ETA. I think this design would work if it were machined at the elbow to allow it to straighten out when retracted. I don’t mind an out of scale retract opening and door. This set is 120mm to the axle, and it would allow any size tire/wheel.

Comment

• First test of the exhaust. Missing mounting details as well as the forward aero fairing, but it's promising

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                First test of the exhaust. Missing mounting details as well as the forward aero fairing, but it's promising
                                Looks great.

Mike

Comment

First test of the exhaust. Missing mounting details as well as the forward aero fairing, but it's promising
                                  Here's to hoping that you'll be offering to sell those when finalized ;):Cool:
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

Here is a pair of mains from HK, on back order and no ETA. I think this design would work if it were machined at the elbow to allow it to straighten out when retracted. I don’t mind an out of scale retract opening and door. This set is 120mm to the axle, and it would allow any size tire/wheel.
                                    That set, machined to straighten would result in broken struts
                                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                                      Mike Hicks has a bit of free time and offered to knock out a couple for me for the OV-10 what size did you discuss with him?

Thanks
                                      Mike

Comment

• 1/7 scale without mask, one with visor up and one with it down. Decap each at the knees and send unassembled at shoulders and waste. Should be getting mine soon but he was in the process of moving back to Evansville. I'll post pics once I get the crew.;)

Comment

As we talked, a simple base of 3mm to cap the side against the boom should give plenty of support to secure with screws from the inside. What other secure way could we consider?

Comment

Working...
                                          X