X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
    Has anyone flown there Profly Bronco? Need some video footage, and feedback.
    Hey man! Started constructing mine today (finally) just did all my hinging. I haven't gotten into the gear yet as I am waiting on my Motion retracts and motors to arrive (should be here this week). But I will 100% come back to the thread once I get deeper into the build. Hang tight

Comment

• Which retracts are you using James?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post
        Here's a link to someone who says they have them: http://stores.aeromicro.com/e-flite-...-retract-unit/
        I ordered from them and got a PayPal refund. They’re sold out of the 105 degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
          Which retracts are you using James?
          I will be using the new retracts we have in the recommended section on the OV-10 product page:
          • Electronic 90 degree retracts (81 x 44 x 29mm) - we recommend Xwave RP400-90 Electronic Retract (Coming Soon)
          They should be available to all within the month, but I have a pair being sent to me from our product team which I hope will get here very soon. I will be building mine with all the spec on our recommended for an electric setup.

Comment

• IF anyone could get the retracts straight from the source, it would be James. I feel that using the regular 90 nose and the supplied strut, there should be no issues as i know they have already worked the kinks out for it to work properly. On the other hand for us "scale nuts", we will also come up with a suitable and dependable solution to share. As demonstrated by myself, i went full Robart so ill post once i get them and work on the install.

Comment

• Well i just received this morning an email telling that the parts i ordered from Robart are on their way home.

Let's see how they are !!
              Attached Files

Comment

• My order with Robart is also on hold as one of the main struts was OOS and the nose retract. I got an email from Danny who handled the order and they are expected by end of July. Thats ok, i need to cover the wing top in white and get wiring made up.

Comment

• It has arrived ...

Looks really good. Glad to hear the gear bodies will be available in a month or so.

Comment

• The landing gear sure goes through some interesting reconfiguration when it cycles.

Comment

• Just for clarification, the retracts are expected this month or within 30 days or so. Mine is wired up and basically ready to fly in about a week if I put my mind to it. The retracts I have are out of the Freewing A-10 but they are plastic and I don't think they will last. As much as I would like to I can't justify the Robarts price and might have to go with E-flite if the wait is too long. I'm even thinking about just using the non-retractable set-up that comes with the kit until the Motion retracts come in. In all this has been quite an adventure in building this kit. The wiring harnesses I have made up will allow me to disassemble the plane completely if I have to. Using the multi servo connectors from Electrodynamics allow me to leave a harness in each wing and not have to feed it through to disconnect the engine pods. The only real mess is at the receiver where it has 4 wyes and one triple wye for the gear. I have the rudder and nose wheel steering on separate channels. Luckily I have a 14 channel Futaba receiver that I'm using. In retrospect, this plane would have benefitted from using an S-bus system.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post
                        Well i just received this morning an email telling that the parts i ordered from Robart are on their way home.

Let's see how they are !!
                        I think the robostrut you need is #668, wrangler. I’m going to use #667 for my mains, and #668 for nose. Here’s a picture of 668.

Comment

• I talk to Danny when i put the order and we changed the 667 for the 668 since they are the same price....I HOPE HE HAD REMEBERED THAT !!! 🤔🤔

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post
                            I talk to Danny when i put the order and we changed the 667 for the 668 since they are the same price....I HOPE HE HAD REMEBERED THAT !!! 🤔🤔
                            Yep, I pointed it out back on post 288 and 289. Danny was really great to talk with and was also interested in the OV10 and what gear should work best. I have that nose strut(668) i bought second hand and it will work perfect. I just need to see if the 105 degree can pull up far enough or add more shims to increase the stowed angle needed, may add gear doors as they would be very easy to make and add on. A few layers of 1/64 ply over the gear bay while the glue sets will be just fine. The mains would be just flat doors and mechanical actuation off the gear strut.

Comment

• Hey Sam and wrangler, I was on the phone with Danny for 45 minutes yesterday. I told him about the Bronco from MRC, he checked with one of the designers for help with many of my questions, he wanted to be sure about the answers. I ordered the 667 and 668 robostruts, 3” and 4” scale wheels,
                              #553RSE 100 deg main retracts and #558RSE 105 deg nose retract. Danny said they assemble every order on site, and I would receive mine around the middle of August. Robart employs 20 people. These are all American made, pricy but what the hey. I’m going to try gear doors also. I would like to copy the spring design that the FreeWing Scorpion nose gear door uses, simple and effective. Is that what you’re talking about Sam?

Comment

• Either springs or a simple lever/pushrod setup very similar to what the real Bronco uses on the mains. I haven't been able to get into mine as much as i want due to work overflow and short handed but the new guy starts Monday. Boots your order sounds good and will be interested in how your 100 degree mains work out as to my 95 's but looks like we are on the same page. Actually Danny sent an update just this week that they are working on a shipping date for my stuff. The fact i had the nose strut already was just one thing they didn't have to make to order. I hope that this plane drives them to generate a little stock so others wont have to wait as long.

Comment

• Well i just received an email from Danny reafirming they sent the 668 Strut with the 105 degree Retract. I intend to do the gear doors, i'm very interested in seeing what you guys come up with.

I assume that i will be working on the plane again in 2 weeks time, since now i have my house upside down with some AC installation and some mods on different areas.😉🙄

Preparing the house for the summer and some entertainment areas for the teenagers.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Well when I went to Motion's site a few minutes ago and saw only one Bronco left in stock I just had to order it. Now where can I tuck it away when it arrives? Considering the retracts won't be in for quite a while I guess this will be my winter project. Really looking forward to adding this classic bird to my hangar.

Comment

• Hoorayyy....i just got my replacement wing from MRC....Many thanks to Wayne at MRC for his diligence and good willing in helping me solve this issue. Once more, they have a great customer service !!.

Now to find my way to the Bronco Box so i can work on it this sunday. jejejee
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• i bought the DuBro Low Bounce wheels. DON'T BUY the 3" ones for the mains, they are to tight and since the strut dimensions are the same as the nose one, the 2 1/5" works perfectly. i assume that maybe 2 3/4" can work on the mains.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• For those of you that are using the E-Flite power 32 motors, you will need to space them out another 3/8 of an inch to get collet on all the way on the shaft. I just went to the hardware store and got some 3/8 nylon spacers that have #8 hole in them. They work perfect and leave only about a 1/16 inch space between the spinner backplate and the cowl opening. You have to get these from a real hardware store and not Lowes or Home Depot. Luckily we have a great one near me that has tons of this type of hardware.
                                          For my mains I'm using the Robart 2 3/4 inch scale straight tread wheels. The nose wheel will be the one that comes in the kit.

Comment

Working...
                                          X