X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
    VMO2 i think had several different schemes covering the 76' Bicentennial but i do have the T.O manual that gives the wing top as white and bottom as gray. This also has all the stenciling wiht locations, sizes and all. The neat thing about this scheme is that its all listed as gloss which means not much if any work is needed to dull the shine. I have the same Callie graphics to add to mine and also using cut vinyl to accent some panels and such. Yours is top notch TLAR and enjoy your videos thanks to GBLynden for filming. Keep them coming as inspiration please.
    Sam
    Thanks guys and you're welcome Robert! I have one more flight with this bird on tap for the near future and I believe JohnVHRC captured these flights on video too

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	front gear 1.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	210224Click image for larger version

Name:	front gear 2.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	210223 Well I have two flights on mine now. On the maiden flight the first take-off attempt was aborted since it seemed that not enough elevator was available. I switched to high rates and it took off fine. A bunch of up trim was needed but once trimmed it flew great. I landed after 4 minutes and the front steering went whacky. Inspection showed that the cable broke. Bigger cable used for the next flight but it dug into the tubing and again went sideways. If you look at how the instructions tell you to run the pull-pull system, you will see the problem. My solution was to move the u-shaped metal rod towards the front of the tube exit and wrap it around back towards the steering arm. This should solve that problem. The wire will eventually cut into the plastic tube with the original routing. I also found that my power set-up is okay but not to my liking. I had to fly at 3/4 throttle to feel comfortable. I'm using E-Flite power 32s on 4s with a MAS 10-7 3 blade prop. I could go to a 5s set-up but will try an 11-7 3 blade next to see if that helps. E-Cal show that set-up will give about 1400 watts compared to the 994 watts the current set-up shows. Going to try a 2 bladed 12-8 for now.

Comment

• Somehow the pics didn't up load. Here they are. Click image for larger version

Views:	851
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	210227Click image for larger version

Views:	955
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	210228

Comment

• If you've got the clearance, you could run 12x6 to 12x8 3-blade props. On my Power 32s, I run 13x6.5 2 blade props, on 4S with no stress on the motor at all. So the down one on diameter and up one on pitch should put you in good shape for power with the two I mentioned.

Comment

• I also highly recommend the 12x8 three blade prop with the Power 32's. Been running that combo for years with great performance on 4S.

Comment

• After trying the original directions, and not liking the results, here is my answer to the nose gear setup..... then add doors or custom fit the plastic insert....... Click image for larger version  Name:	20190814_132638.jpg Views:	45 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	210250

Comment

• This plane has plenty of clearance as i will be using 15x8x3 MA props.

Comment

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
                  After trying the original directions, and not liking the results, here is my answer the nose gear setup..... then add doors or custom fit the plastic insert....... Click image for larger version

Name:	20190814_132638.jpg
Views:	941
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	210250
                  That's an approach I hadn't thought of. Me like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
                    Somehow the pics didn't up load. Here they are. Click image for larger version

Views:	851
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	210227Click image for larger version

Views:	955
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	210228
                    This would certainly reduce/remove stress on the cable and tubing. nice solution.

Comment

• I was going to use a servo in the front but it didn't look like there was enough room with the wheel coming up. Might have to rethink it if this set-up gives me trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post

That's an approach I hadn't thought of. Me like.
                        That's pretty much the SOP for most nose wheel pull-pull steering set ups. Straight forward and it works.

Mke
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

That's pretty much the SOP for most nose wheel pull-pull steering set ups. Straight forward and it works.

Mke
                          In 15 years in the hobby, this is my first pull/pull. And most of my planes have been balsa. But mostly tail draggers. I’ve also never had twin so that’s new for me too. Always learning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post

In 15 years in the hobby, this is my first pull/pull. And most of my planes have been balsa. But mostly tail draggers. I’ve also never had twin so that’s new for me too. Always learning.
                            That's part of the fun doing different stuff and figuring out the best way to do it. Always learning even at 66.
                            Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• wow rosytime that looks like a lot of dead weight in there? how much did you need. thx

Comment

• I wound up putting almost 6 oz of weight in the front of the plane. . I might try and put it in the forward part of the nose to see if I can take some dead weight out. What you see in the pic is 4 oz of steel weights. They're bigger than lead weights for the weight but it's what I had on hand. If I go to a servo in the nose as another flier has, I can reduce the amount of dead weight needed. And yes, I was surprised how much was needed but this is a heavy plane all around.
                                On another matter, I ordered an Xwave retract to see how they are and the only problem I see is that it is not set up for being a nose wheel without modification and having parts that don't come with it. I wonder if Motion is going to offer a nose wheel set-up in this product line.

Comment

• What you see, is what you get. That was the explanation I got........

Comment

• I put three more flights on the Bronco today. I switched to the 12x8 2 bladed MAS props to see if I got more oomph. According to ECalc this set-up would provide more watts. I flew for 5 minutes and landed with 20% in the batteries. I'm using 4s 4500 mah on an E-flite power 32. Most of the flight was at 3/4 to full throttle. Below that it doesn't feel like enough power to maintain level flight and doing a climbing turn was doable but not very quickly. My conclusion at this time is the 4s set-up is okay but doesn't leave you with enough power to feel comfortable. The Bronco definitely flies on the wing and is very stable. Even with a good crosswind today it landed straight didn't get blown around, again due to the weight. I'll be curious to hear what other people are using but I'm going to go to a 5s battery. Not only will the power 32s handle it, but the increased KV will spin up those props better. The good thing is I can remove some of that dead weight with the increased battery weight. It was a crowd pleaser today at a multi-club event celebrating AMA aviation day. A few more tweaks to get it where I feel it has enough power for my liking. On a side note, I'm transporting it with the wings attached to the fuselage so I don't have to plug and unplug all those wires into the receiver. I made a cradle for this assembly and a cradle that carries the two booms. The only bummer is that the wing assembly is about two inches too wide to place it in my trailer crosswise. It has to go in sideways but this still leaves me enough room to put another plane on the shelf. The good thing is that with the multi-servo connectors and the EC5 connectors for the motors and ESCs in the booms, it goes together quickly. Sorry I don't have any video but the previous ones posted look just like my flights.

Comment

• Does anyone have pictures balancing this airplane? How is it balanced, upright, or upside down. I know what the direction say, but I'm interested in best practices.....reality, ?

Comment

• I balanced mine right side up. There's no way you're going to balance this plane upside down and do it safely. I used a Great Planes balancer and it worked well and held the weight with no problem. I also cycled my gear up and down to see if there were any changes. It stayed the same.

Comment

• Thanks, I would have expected quite a difference, as the main retracts, and wheels represent a substantial amount of weight shift.. I appreciate the info Rosytime.....

Comment

Working...
                                          X