Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't look pretty Yet, but it works very good !!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Well i have decided on a steering solution using two HS65MG mounted forward of the retract. Ill post pics of the mounting tomorrow

Comment

• OK, have the steering servos placed and the retract shim blocks in. The servos are HS65MG with 30 in/oz and since ill be using an arm connection shorter than 1", i should have over 55in/oz of torque from EACH servo on the steering. I placed a 1/8"ply mounting plate and made the opening in the existing frame big enough that the servo sits recessed. I plan to use a Dubro micro pull-pull kit but need to figure a suitable connection on the steering yoke that will allow the cable to go slack and not catch on any structure when the gear extends.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Wrangler, have you setup the Frsky Sbus yet? If I run life pack for 6.6v and y the two Sbus on the receiver, do know if the receiver bus can handle 7 servos on one port? I’m trying to find Sbus ref on the RCG thread but not found much yet on Sbus limits or suggestions.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
            Wrangler, have you setup the Frsky Sbus yet? If I run life pack for 6.6v and y the two Sbus on the receiver, do know if the receiver bus can handle 7 servos on one port? I’m trying to find Sbus ref on the RCG thread but not found much yet on Sbus limits or suggestions.
            Not Yet, at the moment i was making my multiple servo connector.

Comment

• I inquired to Aloft Hobbies on FrSky SBus capabilties as i was concerned about running seven servos from one receiver port. My question and the reply from Wayne at Aloft.
              Like to hear what the load and servo count limits would be on a X8R using Sbus with two 4 servo decoders Y'd off the SBus port. Battery will be 6.6v LiFe and all servos will be HS225MG. It is a twin OV-10 Bronco that I plan to use a dual SBus for primary flight controls connected as such,
              2 Aileron, 2 Flap, 2 Rudder 1 Elevator on two SBus decoders. Left SBus is A,F,R and E while the other will be A,F,R. Ailerons will be seperate channels but Ruddder and Flaps will be same channel over both SBus decoders. Electric gear gear will have seperate power input so not using receiver power bus.
              7 HS225 servos will probably be fine, I suspect that would only pull a couple of amps at max. If you are pulling more than 8 amps I would start looking at running seperate power lines direct to the decoders to help avoid all of the power going through a single servo connector.

Might want to double check the amp load, but think you will be fine.
              How would you rate my reply?
              Great Okay Not Good
              (Your response will help us maintain higher levels of service.)

--
              Wayne Flower
              contact@alofthobbies.com

Comment

• Does anyone have a drawing or a scale ref that i can fashion the M60 MG barrels for the sponsons?
                Barrel diameter would be a start and then i will try to 3D print or at least use brass tubing with some printed fixtures.

Comment

• The Bronco used the M60C variant which had a standard 7.62mm ( .308 inch) bore diameter whereas the C model had a gas evacuator/ barrel extension system which was approx. 2.5 times the bore which was used on heli gunships and the OV-10. I would go with a outer barrel diameter of 20mm (3/4inch) which scales to like a 3mm brass tube.
                  Gotta luv google https://www.bevfitchett.us/machine-g...scription.html
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thread has got a little slow, anyone have updates on their builds?

Comment

• I decided to change my factory livery to the Black Ponies of Val 4, Vietnam period. I got the idea off a Squadron Publications Cover. Callie did the graphics package, great job. The plane has 2 Rimfire .60's, with 100 amp esc's. The motors are good to 62 amps constant draw. I probably will use counter rotating 12 x 8, 2 blades. and 13 x8 3 blade props if draw is under the 62 amp level. Power comes from 2 x 6 cell 5000 ma lipo packs Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_080006.jpg
Views:	887
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	215643Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_080210.jpg
Views:	908
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	215644Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_075841.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	215645Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_075856.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	215646Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_075912.jpg
Views:	881
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	215647Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_075952.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	215648Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_075940.jpg
Views:	885
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	215649 , and a 2s lipo battery pack for radio, and servos. I have saved at least 2 planes by having a power pack,separate from the esc power circuit. Personal preference...... Have not balanced the plane yet, but that is next. It has been a fun project.. We need to build a fire under everyone that bought this plane, and have them share there experiences with the gang.

Comment

• Hi Folks,
                        this is my first post in this forum and it's awesome to get such much information!! Thank you very much in advance.

Regarding the latter post, the OV-10 with No.114 must be "Gandalf the grey", if I'm not mistaken...

Greetings from Germany,

Axel

Comment

• Sorry, I was mistaken, "Gandalf the Gray Wizard" was No.107

Comment

• I flew the Bronco today with a 5s set-up. What a difference from the 4s I tried. The 5s set-up will remain for now. Since the 5 cell lipos are heavier than the 4 cell, I will be able to take out weight in the nose. I am using E-flite power 32s, 100 amp ESCs, and 11x7 MAS three bladed props. This combo pulls 42 amps per motor at full throttle. I expect to get about 7 to 8 minutes of flight with a 5000 mah 5s lipo. I can fly it at half throttle and still have enough reserve power. With the 4 cell set-up I just didn't feel it had enough oomph and had to keep it at 3/4 to full throttle. Now it flies with enough power to really fly it like the real one. If you watch videos of the full scale Bronco you will see them throwing that plane all around the sky. I don't mean acrobatic, but it will bank and yank and have enough power to do a climbing turn that's fun to watch. Now I can finish up the final detailing and put on the pods onto the fuselage.
                            One final note, the hinges on the ailerons came loose again. This is the second time the CA didn't want to hold. I'm going to pin the hinges from the bottom or go to nylon hinges. Sorry about no video but Motion has a video from Joe Nall and mine looks the same flying. The flaps are very effective and slow the plane down nicely. I have to put a little more down in the elevator since it still balloons a bit. Overall, I'm glad that Motion started carrying this since it has always been one of my favorite planes. I just wish some one would have one flying at an airshow to put it through it's paces. There's currently an OV 1 Mohawk that is being flown at airshows and this would make another great subject.

Comment

• Too bad this is out of stock. Id have one tomorrow!

Comment

• Also motion, how about a 1600 or 1800mm bearcat?

Comment

• I regret that i wont have my ride done for the warbird meet this weekend but i am making headway slowly. My biggest hurdle was learning and programming my Taranis X9D+ using dual SBus decoders. I had changed to all digitals due to the SBus output being 9ms, glad i found this out before flying! Now that the radio setup is done i can proceed in installing the servos and linkages and finish applying the graphics. Pics coming once that is done.

Comment

• I'm working on mine as we speak. I got sidetracked by other things.

Mike
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Well i have my final test from OpenTX programming on my Taranis radio and using the SBus decoders this weekend. Finally figured out my settings to allow the least connections between the L and R wings using a SBus decoder on each side. I also will be able to use the voltage sensor and amp sensor with logging to my TX to get real flight data.
                                      If anyone is using a Taranis X9D+ on OTx 2.2, i have included my plane file that displays for that model.
                                      I like this radio once i learned the basic programming and settings with all the options i wanted. SO here is my setup
                                      Basic TAER with gear and flaps
                                      Usual DR and Expo
                                      Amp and flight battery pack voltage telemetry
                                      Signal strength and rcvr voltage(default telemetry)
                                      With the SBus decoders, my wing connections are one per side, 4 servo multiconnector(1.Sbus(A,F,E R), 2.ESC, 3.retract, one open for lights later) and the power leads feeding into the fuse
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Spent the last couple of days working on my OV-10. Got all the flying surfaces and servos mounted. he Power 46's are in and the ESC's and Caps mounted. I'll get the retracts in this week than figure out the hose wheel steering.

Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2545.JPG
Views:	709
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	217031Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2544.JPG
Views:	676
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	217032Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2546.JPG
Views:	670
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	217033
                                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Hi all, new to the hobby squawk, been reading a lot though, but it's time to get some activity going....

I might get the Bronco as my next project, and need some more information....

Bronco Mike, you have given it a nice paint job, did you just sand the existing foil and sprayed it? I would certainly want to paint mine if i was to buy one, cause i'm not too keen on the sceme out of the box....

Thx,

Didier

Comment

Working...
                                          X