X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
    Does anyone have a link, source for detail hardware like door handles, latches, hinges, etc?
    There is a build tread on this model on the german Rc network site, here's the link : http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...k-Horse/page17

From page 17 onwards there are several detail photo's

Hope this helps..

Didier

Comment

• So , I am still on the fence because I am trying to determine if I can scale out the cockpit based on where the lipos will go. I know the comments have been “ 60ties are overkill” , so I am looking at 2 x 46 size eflight type motors . With an all up weight of 15 or so lbs that 7.5 lbs per motor. .
      I would have to plan the lipo positions and determine if I can modified the interior. I would love to use to full body light weight pilots, full interior and functional doors similar to my A26. I simply think the Q10 has a great open canvas waiting for details !
      I am trying to really determine 6s or 2 -4s . 5 cell is out of the question for me because I simply have no need to 5 cell applications in any of my models.
      I am also looking at other options on the retracts such as the A10 . I think the FMS A10 is heavier then the Flight Line Verizon ( or vice versa ) . I punched some for a Royal Kit that i own and they are quote robust and you can play with the strut position to fit your retraction position.

Comment

• A Bronco video on Youtube.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post
          A Bronco video on Youtube.
          Yeah, this video is why I chose this livery for mine.

Comment

• You can't put full figure pilots in it. The front pilot is above the front retract and steering servo. The rear is above the lipos. You could put the lipos further back in the fuselage but the nose would have to have a large amount of weight for proper CG. As I have said before, you can use a 4s set-up but for me it wasn't enough oomph. I tried different prop combos but none seemed like it was enough for my style of flying. I'm using the 5s set-up with HRB lipos. They aren't that expensive and have worked well for me in many applications. I have a VQ Beechcraft Bonanza with an E-Flite 46 using the same 5 cell lipos that I'm using for the Bronco so I have more than one plane on 5s.

Comment

• Hello to all, i resume the building of the plane and at the moment i just install the nose gear cover. I needed to order a new cover since i broke the one that came with the plane.
              On the power setup, i plan to fly it on 6S 5000 . Click image for larger version

Name:	20191107_203251.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	218703Click image for larger version

Name:	20191109_152051.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	218704Click image for larger version

Name:	20191107_203251.jpg
Views:	832
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	218709
              Attached Files

Comment

• Crap wish I had these pictures before I started mine.

Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	75369138_10218756145907505_7506306985940221952_n.jpg
Views:	851
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	219451Click image for larger version

Name:	75550321_10218756141387392_1967005561694191616_n.jpg
Views:	829
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	219452Click image for larger version

Name:	75588185_10218756145987507_958686951584563200_n.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	219453
                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Outstanding find Mike..........in all the years of perusing the WWW I have never come across the NASA Bronco
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                    Outstanding find Mike..........in all the years of perusing the WWW I have never come across the NASA Bronco
                    Apparently there were 2 both now retired from I understand.
                    Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Apparently there were 2 both now retired from I understand.
                      Mike
                      I think the NASA OV-10s were both recalled and used in the 2015 mid east OV-10 experiment.
                      They are likely two of the four the US is selling off. https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...being-sold-off

Comment

• After reading through the thread I thought this looks good, so ordered one.
                        Received big box and recommended servo's only to find the recommended servo's were standard size...…..wrong, should be micro ( they have changed web page now )
                        After a seniors moment I found some 5S battery's at HK. so now going with eflite power 46 and 100 amp ESC.
                        Question: When hooking up power do you Y lead the ESC's and Y lead the two battery's or is it one battery to one ESC ?
                        Well it's now a matter of waiting for the retracts to arrive at MRC, can't be much longer, surely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thor100 View Post
                          After reading through the thread I thought this looks good, so ordered one.
                          Received big box and recommended servo's only to find the recommended servo's were standard size...…..wrong, should be micro ( they have changed web page now )
                          After a seniors moment I found some 5S battery's at HK. so now going with eflite power 46 and 100 amp ESC.
                          Question: When hooking up power do you Y lead the ESC's and Y lead the two battery's or is it one battery to one ESC ?
                          Well it's now a matter of waiting for the retracts to arrive at MRC, can't be much longer, surely.
                          In my case i will do 2 options, a " y " extension to be used with one 6s 6500, and in case i decide to use two 6s 5000mah i will connect them directly to the ESC'S.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks Wrangler1, was concerned about the current draw through the wires and connectors.
                            Next question is with two ESC's you have to cut out one of the red wires ( instruction manual page 43 ) I'm not sure why this is !!!

Comment

Thanks Wrangler1, was concerned about the current draw through the wires and connectors.
                              Next question is with two ESC's you have to cut out one of the red wires ( instruction manual page 43 ) I'm not sure why this is !!!
                              Is used in case you decide to use the ESC integrated BEC. So the receiver is connected to only one power supply. Is a common practice, but in my case due to the aircraft size and the time that i'm spending on it i choose to go with a separate power supply. A 2,500mah 3 cell Life attached to a 20amp Bec (was the one i have available). So in case something happens with the motor batteries i still have control.

Comment

• Used some of Callie's graphics but decided to go with Motions A-10 Shark Teeth. The water slide with setting solution is a bit easier to work with.

Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0230.JPG
Views:	726
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	220150

Comment

• Fits it pretty well i say! Nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                                    Fits it pretty well i say! Nice.
                                    Just a tad larger than I would have liked but I don't think anyone will notice or even care.

Mike

Comment

• Hi Guys
                                      The build continues, I am thinking of running two Rx's one in each fuse it would be easier at the field when putting it together, less connections and no cutting of red wire on ESC. ( thanks Wrangler1 )
                                      This seems like a good idea to me. but I've been wrong before ( 1972 ) Could I have your thoughts on this pro's and con's

Comment

Hi Guys
                                        The build continues, I am thinking of running two Rx's one in each fuse it would be easier at the field when putting it together, less connections and no cutting of red wire on ESC. ( thanks Wrangler1 )
                                        This seems like a good idea to me. but I've been wrong before ( 1972 ) Could I have your thoughts on this pro's and con's
                                        Unless you have the capability to handle 2 receivers at the same time that are synchronized together, i never done that. So i can't help you there. Although it will be interesting to see how that works and what measures (if you think on those) will you take if something happens to one of the Esc internal Becs that affect the Receiver. Also i will suggest to add a capacitor to the receiver so when the engine starts (if it is electric) the amp draw does not affect the rx. i will post a photo of the one i'm using.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys
                                          I did that in the old LX P-38 and it worked great.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                          X