X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
    I have been working diligently on this He-111. I wanted to put some decent gear doors on this one as I did not use the stock struts. There was lots of trial and error, and lots of scrap balsa and plywood but I finally got a working prototype today. It still needs some tweaks on the linkages and well as some adjusting of the hinges to close the gaps - but that is for tomorrow!

Sorry, no charts or graphs! ;)

Bob

https://youtu.be/BnFWjA1Q3Rw

https://youtu.be/_Y3Tx4JLtwU
    no charts or Graphs?!!! now you lost meLOL

Comment

Originally posted by tengarang View Post

no charts or Graphs?!!! now you lost meLOL
      Sorry, no paperwork! Just a lot of fitting, cutting, re-cutting, fitting... and so on! I do not think two of my 3S 5000s will fit without some major mods. I may just go with a couple of 3300s at first. Maybe I can find a nice 3S 6000 later.

Bob

Comment

I have been working diligently on this He-111. I wanted to put some decent gear doors on this one as I did not use the stock struts. There was lots of trial and error, and lots of scrap balsa and plywood but I finally got a working prototype today. It still needs some tweaks on the linkages and well as some adjusting of the hinges to close the gaps - but that is for tomorrow!

Sorry, no charts or graphs! ;)

Bob

https://youtu.be/BnFWjA1Q3Rw

https://youtu.be/_Y3Tx4JLtwU
        Good job! Where did you get these struts? I need them...
        Any day you can fly is a good day!  :D
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by SR71CC View Post

Good job! Where did you get these struts? I need them...
          Hi SR71CC,

Thanks! The struts are from the Freewing Mosquito.They are getting hard to find.

Bob

Comment

My Heinkel He-111 is nearly finished. I did a short taxi test today. I still need some cosmetic details, but she is almost ready to maiden. Sorry for the out of focus pic. I forgot to wear my glasses!

Thanks again to MotionRC for carrying the Black Horse He-111!

Bob Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0530.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	205684Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0531.JPG Views:	0 Size:	180.1 KB ID:	205685

Comment

Sorry, no paperwork! Just a lot of fitting, cutting, re-cutting, fitting... and so on! I do not think two of my 3S 5000s will fit without some major mods. I may just go with a couple of 3300s at first. Maybe I can find a nice 3S 6000 later.

Bob
              Actually the two 3S 5000s do fit in this plane. I was mistaken earlier.

Bob

Comment

The props, spinners and back plates are now painted.

Bob Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0534.JPG
Views:	997
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	205920Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0539.JPG
Views:	1056
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	205921Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0538.JPG
Views:	1081
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	205922Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0536.JPG
Views:	1036
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	205923Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0535.JPG
Views:	1007
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	205924

Comment

Spinners look great. Have you flown yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 3RedPapa View Post
                    Spinners look great. Have you flown yet?
                    Thanks. Awaiting the maiden flight at the moment. Just a matter of scheduling.

Bob

Comment

well.....Mossy landing gear are like hens teeth. I have been digging around.... ESM has a 70" DC3.... the other DC3 gear I found was only 140 bucks, but the pics looked a little spindly..... Those Mosquito gear look good
                      Has anyone found a suitable replacement yet?

Comment

Motion RC should have the Mosquito gear reproduced and keep them in stock since they are so unique and perfect for these HE-111 builds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FW3021108.jpg
Views:	918
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	207682

Comment

Problem is....how many of these He 111s were sold? There were 5 or 6 left when I got mine, and I had been on the site almost daily right about then. I was getting ready to get a Flightline Corsair.

Comment

I think they underestimated the popularity of all these balsa ships

Comment

After 3 almost identical conversations.....( 2 with B-25 jockys, 1 with a Bristol) I ordered a spare canopy nose. You get all the nose glazing and the dorsal windscreen for 60 bucks. I also got a pair of the recommended retracts. They will have to suffice until I find a suitable set...***The ones on VQ website, for their 70" (?) DC3 are 149.00....very reasonable.....but man do they look spindly. I want to find someone that has them in hand, for a quality report
                              The B-25 guys all took one look, and said: "You're gonna want to order a replacement nose while you can. Guarantee you will booger that one up in short order"
                              So I did

Comment

A few months ago, I dumb-thumbed my Graupner He-111, letting it tip stall as I was turning from Base onto Final on a blustery day. One of the wings was mangled beyond repair. I'm just now getting around to repairing the 111. Thinking that the BH Heinkel was a rebranded Graupner, I bought a replacement BH wing. On the BH wing, the servos install in a different orientation, but no big deal. The big deal is that the BH wing installs differently to the fuselage. It's gonna take a bit of cutting and drilling in order to be able to put the new BH wing on my Graupner 111. Also, the BH wing uses a larger diameter wing spar. So, I'll have to find a way to make an sleeve so that the smaller diameter Graupner spar will fit and support the new BH wing. Anyway, just FYI.
                                ---
                                Warbirder

Comment

I am considering this plane and it calls for 2 Cell 11.1V 2600 - 3700 mAh LiPo Batteries. Anyone use 1 4S 4000mah battery? The other question is for the propeller it calls for APC 11.5.5 thin electric. I would like to use 3 bladed props but I am not sure what size to get. Could use some help.
                                  My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by jobinseattle View Post
                                    I am considering this plane and it calls for 2 Cell 11.1V 2600 - 3700 mAh LiPo Batteries. Anyone use 1 4S 4000mah battery? The other question is for the propeller it calls for APC 11.5.5 thin electric. I would like to use 3 bladed props but I am not sure what size to get. Could use some help.
                                    My upcoming maiden will have 2 each 4S 4000 batteries. On my recommendation sheet, it calls for (2 each 3s-4S 11.1v - 14.8v 3250 -3700mah batteries) I am running two 3648-770kv motors with 3 bladed FMS Ki-61 Tony props. I tried to balance the CG with 2 4S 3300 batteries and was still tail heavy. As for spinners, I found that the Dynam Spitfire spinners, although not the right shape, fit well.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by jobinseattle View Post
                                      You may consider to your heart's content but there is no stock and even Motion can't say when they will be getting a new delivery. Not sure why they took on the BH line when there were such inventory issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post

You may consider to your heart's content but there is no stock and even Motion can't say when they will be getting a new delivery. Not sure why they took on the BH line when there were such inventory issues.
                                        don't think it was going to be as popular as they turned out to be. There weren't many of any they brought in.....few too many of that Canadian plane maybe.

Comment

Maybe a test run....like Seagull at VQ. There were a few for a time. Suddenly half of VQ stock is Seagull models

Comment

Working...
                                          X