Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The He-111 was the first to sell out and did so quickly. I have a feeling that the Do-335 will do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
      The He-111 was the first to sell out and did so quickly. I have a feeling that the Do-335 will do the same thing.
      I plan to be one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
        I have the Graupner He-111, which is basically the same model, but an earlier version. Alpha has asked m to make a post on my observations and experiences with my Graupner 111, and I'm happy to do so.

First off, I love my 111. It is a rock-solid model and the detailing is beautiful. Here's how I've outfitted my 111:.....
        Thanks... this will save me a lot of trial and error. Anybody else findings similar (or different?)

Comment

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
          Alpha, the only thing that bothers me are the main gear struts. The he-111 had struts more like a Mosquito, Lancaster or DC-3. After market struts are hard to find
          Can always make them. I waited until I could do this plane justice with proper gear. I've made 5 sets of fully Aluminum/steel ones that work just like the real thing, but very labor intensive and I couldn't get 100% scale (couple versions shown here). I'm in the middle of doing part metal, part 3d printed ones that are about 99% scale and not quite so much work. This is the cad model in 6th scale. I've had to do a bit of fiddling of all the parts to get it to work at 13th scale. Other thing is the stock wheel are way too small, so I got some 85mm ones which are as close as I could buy, then 3d printed up wheel covers that simulate the scale wheel (in the 6th scale one, the wheels are built like the real thing).. Couple days more of effort and I'll post up progress - All the printed bits have been prototyped, but still have to do some key parts in metal.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	He-111 Mains (79).jpg Views:	7 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	214854Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-05-24_14-07-04_769.jpg Views:	4 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	214855Click image for larger version  Name:	010e7ea92a0f4b312a4884fe62e5db3fc7f6d054e0.jpg Views:	4 Size:	59.6 KB ID:	214856

Comment

Welcome to the Squawk pilot Spinnetti.................you are a wizard with your CAD and 3D talents.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
              Welcome to the Squawk pilot Spinnetti.................you are a wizard with your CAD and 3D talents.
              Thanks!
              Making progress on fully scale gear with working oleos. "shocks" and axle are stainless steel. Wheels are commercial with scale covers. Rest is "ABS like", and should be plenty strong. Retracts will need more metal in them. Still figuring how to make that as simply as possible. Will probably use my metal set on my plane since they are already done, but this is a fun project. I've got spare sets of wheel covers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-02_19-27-11_382 (1).jpg
Views:	945
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	215321

Comment

Well, it has been a long time coming, but the He-111 was maidened today by both Karltrek and Lord Emperor Teng. She flew beautifully. She is heavy and fast. I had to re-think my landing gear doors as they were just were too flimsy. I removed the clamshell doors and cut slots in the bottom of the nacelles for the gear.

I give the Black Horse He-111 a "thumbs-up"!

BobClick image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0186.JPG Views:	0 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	216239Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0183.JPG Views:	0 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	216240Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0187.JPG Views:	0 Size:	41.0 KB ID:	216241Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0182.JPG Views:	0 Size:	37.8 KB ID:	216242Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0185.JPG Views:	0 Size:	62.4 KB ID:	216243Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_1303.JPG Views:	0 Size:	145.4 KB ID:	216244

Comment

Congrats and well done!

Comment

Here is the video of the He-111 maiden. Karltrek did double duty as pilot and camera operator! Thanks Karl!

Bob

Comment

It sure is beautiful. Too bad it flies so fast. That plane looks like it would bite you if you slowed down too much.
                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                        It sure is beautiful. Too bad it flies so fast. That plane looks like it would bite you if you slowed down too much.
                        It actually flew nicely at 1/2 throttle. I installed 3648-770 kv motors because I had some on hand. Less powerful motors would probably work. I was concerned about the weight during the build.

Bob

Comment

Back in stock and mine is on the way!

Comment

Hey guys. Just bought a kit this week. Very impressed with the detail and quality so far. I did notice that the alignment dowels on the wings are not wanting to seat completely in the fuselage. I tried reaming out the holes in the fuselage a little and it still seems to not want to seat all the way?

Comment

I received my second He-111 yesterday. I am anxious to build it but am still deciding on which scheme for it! I will use the same power and landing gear set-up as my first He-111. The power system with 4S batteries made for a very fast bomber. I have decided to fly using 3S batteries for the next flights.

Bob

Comment

The guys here fly the Black Horse He-111 like a Mosquito, yikes! I think a lightweight setup is key to flying it closer to bomber-like. Let us know what your 3s setup ends up weighing, Bob!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                  The guys here fly the Black Horse He-111 like a Mosquito, yikes! I think a lightweight setup is key to flying it closer to bomber-like. Let us know what your 3s setup ends up weighing, Bob!
                                  Will do, Alpha! It should be this weekend for the 3S flights. Thanks again for getting these Black Horse planes to us!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                    the 111 was a pretty fast airplane....a schnell (sp) bomber. Designed to be faster than the opposition fighters of the 30s. It stayed in service a good long time because of speed and versatility. It wasn't Mossy fast maybe....but it was close

Comment

wonder how a set of
                                      FG-11 11cc Single Cylinder 4-Stroke Gas Engine would work?

Comment

Finally got out the exacto and started my landing gear install. After adjusting the mounts a bit, it fits neatly between the two ribs in the bay - just had to cut back the skin to the rear spar. Everything goes right where it should, though the nacelle is not made quite deep enough for scale gear. I'll have to build that up a bit, or when I cut out for scale doors, the doors may hang open a bit to clear the tires. Haven't decided how to do the retract servo yet. Will have to get creative.

Comment

• Just about done getting my gear install figured out. I have it set up for pneumatics, but will ultimately use a servo instead. I think I earned my nerd card as I redesigned the front airframe mount for literally the 14th time - The scale mount reinforcing brackets have the scale number and size of rivets! The gear bay nacelle is way off scale, so will have to remake that to allow for proper opening doors

I don't work with glass much - what weight of cloth should I use for the doors? single or multiple layers? Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Install.JPG Views:	0 Size:	126.7 KB ID:	220730Click image for larger version  Name:	Front Mount.JPG Views:	0 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	220731

Comment

Working...
                                          X