X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always wanted a Do-335, such a unique master piece. I think the Germans had plans to do one with a turbine in the rear end but WWII ended.

I am assuming it can be electric or Nitro... :)

Comment

I built an Arrow plastic model back in the 70s and fell in love with the plane and the story. Decades later I’m able to fly many of my childhood planes via RC...good times!

I was able to pick up a foam version of this plane from a very generous fellow but a large balsa/ply would be a dream come true.

If I’m reading this right, the Donier is coming. Is there a way to get an alert email or text for pre-order notice? I’ll pay right now!
      Attached Files
      GP Sport Zero, scratch built MA Sky Skimmer, VQ SBD, Eflite Pulse XT & RV-9, FW Stinger 64, Hanger 9 Saratoga, GP P6-E Hawk, FMS Stuka & B-25, Lanyu Do335, PZ Albatros, Eflite Hurricane 25e, Airfield F4-U, Freewing P-51D, Dynam Tempest, Bf-110 & 182, GWS Mustang & Formosa, FZ Switch, Eflite L-4, RocHobby Critical Mass, Alien Aircraft Gadget, RCM&E scratch built CanDoo, Dynaflite Piece O’Cake, HK Ventus, FZ Beaver, Avios Sea Fury, Uravitch 52" OV-10, Herr Engineering J-3

Comment

HeliDirect has a huge selection of RC helicopters, helicopter toys and remote control helicopter. Get ultra fast shipping times direct to your door.

Comment

I saw that Cyber Monday for $95...looks nice.
          GP Sport Zero, scratch built MA Sky Skimmer, VQ SBD, Eflite Pulse XT & RV-9, FW Stinger 64, Hanger 9 Saratoga, GP P6-E Hawk, FMS Stuka & B-25, Lanyu Do335, PZ Albatros, Eflite Hurricane 25e, Airfield F4-U, Freewing P-51D, Dynam Tempest, Bf-110 & 182, GWS Mustang & Formosa, FZ Switch, Eflite L-4, RocHobby Critical Mass, Alien Aircraft Gadget, RCM&E scratch built CanDoo, Dynaflite Piece O’Cake, HK Ventus, FZ Beaver, Avios Sea Fury, Uravitch 52" OV-10, Herr Engineering J-3

Comment

Originally posted by IfIHadWings View Post

I saw that Cyber Monday for $95...looks nice.
            I could not resist and finally grabbed the USAF O-1 / L-19. Callie will dress it up with tail #’s of Dads from I Corps in DaNang.

Comment

IfIHadWings Alpha posted on this thead, post #3, that the Do-335s are coming. I think this one will be quite popular. There will certainly be one in my hangar.
              Any chance Motion will bring this model in? iv been looking at it for years now overseas but dont wanna pay the ridiculous shipping charges. Not many 109's on the market, i guess cause they scare people with the gear, but they fly amazing. Seagull models has a 109 but its got a hideous looking scheme. http://www.blackhorsemodel.

Comment

TJ...............And you won't be the only one in this area with one . Am rather convinced that Paladin Joe will get one too.
                I can envision a "rain of Pfeils" darkening the skies around the Giants Festival area.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I certainly hope so! We've tweaked some things on the Pfeil, most of which aren't readily noticeable from the outside. But I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks after they've flown theirs.

really like this bird. 'Never had a chance to fly the ESM, doubtful I ever will now.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I believe pfeil is arrow in English. yes, I plane to get one. but I age my kits before building them, these days that means they are no longer in production when I build them.

Joe
                    Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Originally posted by paladin View Post
                      I believe pfeil is arrow in English. yes, I plane to get one. but I age my kits before building them, these days that means they are no longer in production when I build them.

Joe
                      You're just going to have to make an exception on this one Joe. Build it while it's still got the "fresh airplane smell".

Hey Charlie, Our Warbirds over Chenango Bridge event is June 26-27 for 2020. And Paladin's son is the CD. Let's fill the skies with the Pfeils then.

Comment

so what are you guy's thinking for power systems?
                        only one I like so far is(not that I've spent a lot of time on this):
                        turnagy 5060-380
                        14x10 apc-e
                        6s5a20c
                        5 minute flight
                        ~75mph
                        though I really would like to bump the battery to 8s, because it give it more torque and makes it act fighterish, but that yields a ~3minute flight length.

Joe
                        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

You're just going to have to make an exception on this one Joe. Build it while it's still got the "fresh airplane smell".

Hey Charlie, Our Warbirds over Chenango Bridge event is June 26-27 for 2020. And Paladin's son is the CD. Let's fill the skies with the Pfeils then.
                          Good time to fill the gap that NEFI left when they moved to July.
                          Did I hear ya'll talk about bumping it up to a 2 day event.???
                          And yes Joe.....Pfeils is English for arrow....... Get the rain connotation now
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                            I certainly hope so! We've tweaked some things on the Pfeil, most of which aren't readily noticeable from the outside. But I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks after they've flown theirs.

really like this bird. 'Never had a chance to fly the ESM, doubtful I ever will now.
                            Alpha...........this Pfeil would be the perfect platform for an Xwave RM400-105 or 110 etract that would/should sell for a hell of a lot less than the Robart or Eflite stuff
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by paladin View Post
                              so what are you guy's thinking for power systems?
                              only one I like so far is(not that I've spent a lot of time on this):
                              turnagy 5060-380
                              14x10 apc-e
                              6s5a20c
                              5 minute flight
                              ~75mph
                              though I really would like to bump the battery to 8s, because it give it more torque and makes it act fighterish, but that yields a ~3minute flight length.

Joe
                              Since this bird is 1/8 scale and the full size props are 13.5ft diameter we are looking at a 17inch diameter 3 blade setup.
                              Since I used that 18inch FL Corsair blade on the EF CZ T-28 with tremendous success, I am immediately leaning towards using that FL Corsair motor and prop setup
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

Just for the record, I plan to be one of the first buyers of the Do-335, too. Can't wait to get one!!!
                                ---
                                Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                  Just for the record, I plan to be one of the first buyers of the Do-335, too. Can't wait to get one!!!
                                  Just cause your user title is wary of the Spitfire does not mean we are gonna let ya "actung" block us from getting one first.
                                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

All's fair in love, war, and scoring a Do-335!
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                      IfIHadWings Alpha posted on this thead, post #3, that the Do-335s are coming. I think this one will be quite popular. There will certainly be one in my hangar.
                                      Thanks TJ. I heard as much from MRC in a private message. That brought me here.

The pics I’ve see on the Blackhorse site make my mouth water. Any chance the model will have the nose wheel raked like the full scale (or any mod ideas)? I’ve tried to replicate the rake on my foam version with difficulty.

Dedicated savings account is already well on its way!

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Since this bird is 1/8 scale and the full size props are 13.5ft diameter we are looking at a 17inch diameter 3 blade setup.
                                        Since I used that 18inch FL Corsair blade on the EF CZ T-28 with tremendous success, I am immediately leaning towards using that FL Corsair motor and prop setup
                                        interesting, put the blades in backwards in the aft motor. sure like to see if there is room in there for a 6s8a20c or two 6s5s20c's. I had one of these many many moons ago and much smaller (54in ws) found that it was prone to breaking the aft prop blade. it had many problems the biggest of which was wt. which I believe led to the prop breaking .

joe

Comment

• I'm quite interested to find out what she'll take, just a single or two batteries. And where they or it needs to be to balance.

I was actually leaning toward using the 1600mm Spitfire 390kv motor and MAS 16x10 3-blades. Even considered running the e-flite BL50 525kv with these MAS 13 x 12 3-blades. They are actually shaped pretty close to the full scale prop. At around 11k rpm with 12 pitch x 2, it might scoot right along.

Since Alpha has the stick time with it, I'd like to find out what he will be recommending for it.
                                          3X Power for X Class and BIG Drone Racing Dedicated to provide The Ultimate Drone Performance, our brand new X Power Series propellers are specially designed for BIG Drone Racing and high-performance applications. The radical new design is focused on exceptional speeds and track agility during all race stages. Carefull

Comment

Working...
                                          X