You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eflite P47 Razorback find with issues - Opinions sought.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eflite P47 Razorback find with issues - Opinions sought.

Hi:
    Picked up a used Eflite P47 Razorback which had been crashed. There is some modest wrinkling in the cowl and the nose weight came out and was recovered. I glued the weight back in. The prop was broken with a replacement coming. Is there prop torque shift built into the nose? There does not appear to be any damage to the firewall or the surrounding foam. Opinions?
    Also, what batteries do you suggest and are there any alternate props for this bird?
    if there is anything else I should consider, feel free to suggest.
    Thanks
    Captain Video
    “I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.”

Hoban “Wash” Washburne
    Firefly/Serenity

I have many flights on mine I use the Admiral 3000 4s batteries all the way forward using all stock equipment. I have had no issues but I fly at 75% throttle most of the flight with some full speed pass mixed in. The motor should be pointed slightly down and off to the right. This is one of my go to planes it fly’s great.

Comment

Yes there is a built in mounting angle of the motor board which is slightly right and angled down which most planes have. As far as the prop I'm sure there is alternative props I just haven't looked for any. You can get replacement props from Tower Hobby or Horizon Hobby. I fly mine on a 3s 2200 with 2 1/4 ounces of weight in the nose and it balances at 67mm with the battery all the way forward. You could use a larger 3s maybe like a 3000 with less weight and shift the battery on the tray to achieve the right cg I just have a lot of 3s 2200 batteries that's why I use them.

Comment

Thanks for the information.If there are any cool mods, I would love to here them as well. Once my replacement prop arrives in a day or two, I will take her out to our local field for a flight.

Hoban “Wash” Washburne
        Firefly/Serenity

Comment

I use 4S 3300mah lipos, and the plane handles it just fine. I did upgrade my esc to 60A, though. I recommend an esc upgrade if you plan on running 4S. I know some will say the stock esc can handle 4S, but I prefer the piece of mind. The planes can be modded quite a bit. You're really only limited to what you want to put into it. My P-47 has a custom paint job and extensive weathering. The fuel pod was rigged up to an E-Flite payload release servo. Both bombs are also functional, and drop in unison. Meant I had to switch to a higher channel RX and new gyro unit, but it is worth it when she flies by and those bombs fall away. Here mine. It was, I believe, featured on the Motion RC webpage for the actual product. The product is discontinued on Motion, though.

This is a great plane, and one of my favorites to fly. I prefer the F4U Corsair 1.2m over the P-47, but only by a small amount. Both are rock solid in the air and track well. No bad characteristics and gentle in a stall. They're so light with a lot of wing surface, so it makes them a touch floaty, which is why I use 4S 3300mah lipos. Extra weight comes through in flight, and for me, it makes it better. 4S also means less throttle for scale and speedy performance. I can easily squeeze 6 minutes out of 3300mah, and tend to come down with 30 to 40% remaining. I am a mixed throttle pilot, and like to keep it 1/3rd to 1/2 throttle for a flight with a couple high speed passes and climbs. Plane has unlimited vertical on 4S, too.

Comment

I fly my E flight P-47 on 2200 3 cells with 2 1/2 ounces in the nose flys pretty decent, but I think I'm also going to convert it to 4 cell with a 60 amp esc. I think your right about better tracking and performance.

Comment

Awesome suggestions! Thanks for the information. Any more?

Hoban “Wash” Washburne
              Firefly/Serenity

Comment

Working...
              X