Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nemo no more. With a little help from Callie, it is a little more scale looking.

Comment

Copyright infringement......................forgiveness..... ..................permission?

Comment

Love this plane! I've been flying it for a few weeks and it's a blast! I did have a mishap last week flying at an unfamiliar field in high winds, but she will be back in the air next week. Here is some video from the nose with a GoPro clone and a RunCam in the cargo bay to film the air drop. I was using a little orange pouch and a 12in chute. Maybe one of these days, I'll make a small scale 463L cargo pallet to drop!

Comment

Decided to add the EC-1500 to the hanger! Keeping mine USCG colors, but will probably be adding some extra graphics from Callie. I don't think I will go crazy and do a full repaint or anything on this one. Just a coat of high gloss clear to make it easier to clean. Most excited to drop cargo out the back and fly with skis this winter.

Getting the incredible E-Flite EC-1500 1.5m BNF out of the box. IntroductionA TOTALLY NEW TWIN EXPERIENCE!The E-flite® EC-1500 Twin is a groundbreaking desig...

Comment

After flying mine at numerous Airshows in SD, WYO, and MT, Every one was impressed with this Twin and the cargo bay. During the Noon time show we would drop 10 different colored 2" plastic balls with a dollar bill in nine and one with a five in it. The kids loved this. Now I have put floats one the E-1500 (C123) and have flown it at most of the lakes up in the Black Hills, Recently Mounted a Go Pro on top to take video's This is the first time I had done this. There was not much snow left and the grass was wet turned out OK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okb6WgHQQKg
            this will defiantly be one of my go to snow birds this winter

Click image for larger version

Name:	Twin E-155.jpg
Views:	1236
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	222105

Comment

Decided to re due another set of Floats to match the E-1500, just started tonight. love flying this one off the snow

Name:	E15.jpg
Views:	982
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	234287Click image for larger version

Name:	E15F.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	234288

Comment

Finished the matching Floats for E-1500 Twin, just in time. we are going to get 5" to 8" of snow by Monday night. Love flying this plane off the snow with floats.The Ski's it comes with do not Work well in deep soft snow but the floats, work GREAT off the deep soft snow

Name:	E15.jpg
Views:	833
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	234617Click image for larger version

Name:	us.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	234618

Comment

Your posts just reminded me that the model comes with skis. I've been meaning to give them a try since they are quite easy to install. Any fresh snowfall we get here quickly becomes hard crusted due to the temperature fluctuations. I think the skis would be an interesting proposition for the next month or so.

Comment

The Ski's Work great, and as you said you can install them in just minutes. I have changed the floats out for the ski's when I go ice fishing up in the Black hills and fly it off the ice, it is fun to do cookies on the ice then take off LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      Your posts just reminded me that the model comes with skis. I've been meaning to give them a try since they are quite easy to install. Any fresh snowfall we get here quickly becomes hard crusted due to the temperature fluctuations. I think the skis would be an interesting proposition for the next month or so.
                      I am going to the lake tomorrow I switched out the one set of floats for the ski's this morning only took 10 minutes all you do is take out the 12 mounting plate cap screws pull out the float rudder steering arm assembly install the front wheels and ski assembly install the wheels and axles spread the rear ski mounts on to the axles and you are ready.

Name:	FL.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	234630Click image for larger version

Name:	Ski.jpg
Views:	885
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	234631

Comment

Not wishing to insult anyone, but those skis make this plane look even "cuter". The guy's at the field call my EC "Nemo", so now they can say it's Nemo with little feet.

Comment

Not wishing to insult anyone, but those skis make this plane look even "cuter". The guy's at the field call my EC "Nemo", so now they can say it's Nemo with little feet.
                          Hopefully my little NEMO will not fall through the thin ice at the lake tomorrow LOL!

Comment

I need to see a ski ops video, now! They do look cute, and I'd guess they're reasonably effective on level snow. Those props look nice, also.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                              I need to see a ski ops video, now! They do look cute, and I'd guess they're reasonably effective on level snow. Those props look nice, also.
                              I need to re paint the props on one of the flights off some hard snow and patchy, the props clipped the side of the floats and hit the front float mounts. you can here a distinct click when they hit on take off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnWh_fxyly8 Click image for larger version  Name:	och.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.6 KB ID:	234660

Comment

All because of you xviper LOL !!!! Not quite done with the new floats and have started on the Plane Son in law making Pilots name for Plane CPT NEMO LOL !!!!! Painting the ski's Today. Snowing now and tomorrow have skis will Fly.

Name:	nemo.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	234795

Comment

Painting the ski's today will get a video when it quits snowing,

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

All because of you xviper LOL !!!! Not quite done with the new floats and have started on the Plane Son in law making Pilots name for Plane CPT NEMO LOL !!!!! Painting the ski's Today. Snowing now and tomorrow have skis will Fly.

Name:	nemo.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	234795
                                    Haha! Perfect! Nemo with matching feet (pectoral fins). We got a heavy dump of snow yesterday. It's still snowing lightly now but should quit in an hour or so. Groundhog indicated yesterday that we'll get an early spring but that can mean almost anything around here - a few weeks to a few months.

Comment

just finished painting the ski's, and clear coating . taking it out in the morning will get some ski ops video of how they work. We had a light 3" of snow last night. Going to be a little chilly in the morning low 20's and a light 5 to 10 breeze

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2463[230].jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.4 KB ID:	234946Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2464[229].jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.4 KB ID:	234947

Comment

After finishing the paint job on the ski's. I installed them and added a spring on the front ski to keep it in an upward position. Just like on some of the Cubs I have flown in to keep it from digging in on landing and flying.

Name:	spring.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	234984

Comment

Today. late morning was nice but cold with a nice 4 to 5 mph quartering cross wind.Temp 22 degees The ski's did not hold up they are to week for spotty wet grass and light snow. They worked OK on hard packed snow and clear ice at the lake. the front ski mounts are to week and spread apart and came off the axle shafts dug in and went under the plane on landing. IMHO they are not worth putting on the Plane. Flying the E-1500 with the floats on, off light or deep soft snow, even wet grass is the only way to go.Cold weather Snow OP with ski's on, video coming soon
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	snowop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.5 KB ID:	235041Click image for larger version  Name:	snowop2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	235042

Comment

Working...
                                          X