X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse Lysander Build

Just wanted to share about my Lysander build with all of you and what a fantastic plane it is. Will start with the box and some unpacking.

Installed the GT Power 3 Watt light kit

Comment

One of my first problems was the push rod ends bottoms out onto the control surface horn screw before the rod end lines up with the holes for the screw to go through and secure it. Simply counter sink the screw that goes into the control horn and problem solved.

Comment

Here are some pics of my wings as I was putting them together. Pics also show the depth as how far I inserted the hinges into the control surfaces and set with 5min epoxy. If you need more time then use 30min epoxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooeleflyboy View Post
          One of my first problems was the push rod ends bottoms out onto the control surface horn screw before the rod end lines up with the holes for the screw to go through and secure it. Simply counter sink the screw that goes into the control horn and problem solved.
          Is that a ball bearing at the base of the horn, and is there a spring on the underside?
          Looks like a pretty good ship and nice hinge work there.

Comment

Just some fuselage pics. I opened the second cockpit up for a gunner and pilots are on the way I will keep you posted.

Comment

Here is the basic motor and prop setup. Went with a Tomcat G160 and a Master Airscrew 3 blade 16x8 with a Dubro 550 spinner. ESC is a Castle Talon high voltage with 2 5000mAh 6s batteries hooked to it for 12s. Also forgot to mention I used MKS DS1210 servos throughout the plane. As for the dummy radial engine almost the entire center was hollowed out to get the motor through it in the end. I removed almost all of it right down to the top of the cans for each piston.

Comment

To get CG correct for the 93mm back on the wings I had to add one pound to the cowl area. I did this by making a custom wood plate and mounted above the firewall and used 2 plum line weights purchased from Walmart and bolted through it. The Lysander was almost perfectly level after this.

Comment

Drawing for CG
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wings attached and final test of everything before the maiden flight.

Comment

I made up some landing lights that will go into the front of the wheel wells but more on that later.

Comment

Ready for maiden flight 8/31/2019 right on my mothers 89th birthday.

Comment

Here are the videos of the maiden.

Comment

Starting the landing lights.

Comment

Just a note, this is the paint I used on the spinner from Home Depot.

Comment

No ball bearings just a bushing and no springs on mine.

Comment

Landing lights are working. Very bright

Comment

Nice!

Wondering if you would check something for me. I’d like to know how tall this plane is at it’s highest point? I want to be sure it’ll fit in my vehicle if I get one.

Comment

23 3/4 so say 24 inches to be safe

Comment

Wonder if it would take off with that little plane on it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X