First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Seagull Cessna 337 Oscar Duece

I am in....just preordered mine Saturday
    Now to ebay some stuff, to pay for it hahahahaha
    4 to 6 weeks transit, then shipping here.....oh boy WOO HOO!

More info please? Is this a new batch of the old Seagull model with a 77 inch wing span, or have they produced a new version? Where/who did you order from?

Comment

yeah, some more details would be good. Oddly, I had a dream last night in which I bought a new 337/O-2.

Comment

It's a redo of the Seagull 337 Skymaster that has been sold for ages by SIG.

The Seagull redo is now in the livery of an O-2 Skymaster and sold by VQ Warbirds.

Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Oh, I was hoping for something other than the old SIG balsa one. I have looked at that one in the past, but it is way too big for me. Something in the 1000-1500mm range is what I would want since I need to be able to fit into one of my cars.

Comment

I'm waiting on a nice 1400 to 1500mm version too. I'd like a nice foam model similar to the old FMS 1400mm Cessna 182.

Comment

VQ has a few left....it is Seagull so it is balsa and Oracover….Done as "Don't Shoot" It is 77 inch wingspan, but what changes have been made? Not familiar with the old one, so I've no answer yet. VQ is taking preorders, they said the container left the end of August.
              389.00 , and I believe they charged me another 57 bucks shipping....List was like 425....they did put a tag on the listing saying this batch is selling out fast....maybe that was the newsletter. I snagged the Heinkel HE111 a few months back....same deal, but the site had a counter...There were 6 left, when I ordered mine.

Comment

I am redoing a Phoenix A26, as an A26K....They terrorized the Ho Chi Minh trail at night, 609th primarily in Laos. Oscar Deuce was also painted for night, and would do the forward spotting for the 26s.
                The Phoenix is 1/9.5 ....Thinking this may be close enough that they'll look good side by side at the field. ,
                38 foot wingspan is about what?? 1/6.5 1/7th??. …..damnit. Well ….. park it by the F7F..... :) Think our club calls for 80" to qualify for the Giant scale events.....less for biplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                  I'm waiting on a nice 1400 to 1500mm version too. I'd like a nice foam model similar to the old FMS 1400mm Cessna 182.
                  Every time there is a new announcement coming from Horizon or Motion, I hope that it will be a 337/O-2. No luck so far.

Comment

I’d like one of them with retracts. I know it would be difficult but not impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
                      I’d like one of them with retracts. I know it would be difficult but not impossible
                      There is a retract kit already available for the Seagull ARF.

Comment

Originally posted by handyman220 View Post

There is a retract kit already available for the Seagull ARF.
                        I just went back and checked VQ....no retracts are offered for this aircraft

Comment

Retracts linked here :)

Wheels Gear Axles & Etc. - Retracts, GWS Micro Retractable Main Landing Gear Set Standard, GWS Pico Retractable Main Landing Gear Set, Cessna RG Retracts Main Gear 8 to 12 lb Aircraft Radical RC Electronics for all hobby needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminater007 View Post
                            good call.....they will require surgical skills to install, but they look good . I like the Red Bull 337 vid they attached

Comment

Seagull/VQ totally copied me.

I just finished this in July because there were no O-2's on the market!

Isn't that how it always works, though? I'll probably end up with the VQ too. Just because.

Comment

no box yet....cannot be a whole lot longer.....meanwhile....I ordered Motivation..... A pair of .32 Rimfires and Castle Edge HD 60A ESCs.....Coming from Tower. Nice torquey motors....2.81hp total for the pair. That should move this plane right along nicely
                                Normally don"t use a BEC, and I won't this time. I like Castle stuff, and the price was right. I can just cut the one red lead I am pretty surej. The 60A, because it allows me to bump it up to .,46 Rimfires...cannot imagine almost 3hp will not be enough, but I like the option.
                                I am ordering the Retracts from Radical tonight after work.....but I may fly it fixed gear awhile first. They take a few months for Radical to make them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminater007 View Post
                                  thanks again man.....ordering a set in just a while

Comment

Must be coming by camel.... I will have the retracts before the plane at this rate.

:D

Comment

hard to wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                        hard to wait!
                                        Yeah it is hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                        X