Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

black horse P-38 100 inch or bigger?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black horse P-38 100 inch or bigger?

Would love to see a nice size wood P-38(100 inch or bigger) but better than the VQ 38 for sure.

Is the VQ rough? Never saw one of their planes...….I just bought a Seagull Cessna 337, from VQ, and it looks pretty nice....a relief, While I was waiting, a friend bought a Seagull Lysander, and the finish was horrible...airbrush splats everywhere....runs and crap....looked like someone's first attempt at an airbrush. I was expecting the worst, but the Cessna is ok. Not as nice as my Blackhorse HE111, and nowhere near the quality of my Phoenix A26 Invader.....but ok.
    I always wanted to build a Zirolli P61 or P38.....they are a nice size....but you gotta build them

Comment

The VQ P-38 isn't all that bad, in my opinion. It's no Ziroli, but it doesn't pretend to be, and for it's reasonable price, the VQ is what I'd consider a good value. It's easily the cheapest way to get a 2100mm wingspan balsa Lightning in the air that is worth the effort.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        The VQ P-38 isn't all that bad, in my opinion. It's no Ziroli, but it doesn't pretend to be, and for it's reasonable price, the VQ is what I'd consider a good value. It's easily the cheapest way to get a 2100mm wingspan balsa Lightning in the air that is worth the effort.
        Alpha......I've looked at this VQ several times but it doesn't appear to have a non problematic approach to making it a electric because of the way VQ made the underside of the booms the location for the LiPo and I will never do that.
        I just detest inverting an airframe to install batteries and will absolutely not locate them outside the fuselage. My reasoning is most likely in line with the same thought you used when designing the FL Lightning and Tigercat.
        I think the reengineering effort of the VQ is not worth it for me and am in favor of a BH version. Need a same scale Lightning to go with my ESM Tigercat (83 ws).
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

New VQ P-38 Frame $599.95 SIERRA LANDING GEAR FOR VQ P-38 LIGHTNING 83″ $499.00 also need valve air tank
          VQ 83″ P-38 Scale Wheels w/ Electric Landing Gear Combo by Robart $565.95
          VQ P-38 LIGHTNING ELECTRIC RETRACTS 46/60 GP/EP $179.95
          I had the old Model of this P-38 it was real bad. this new one is a little better. We have 3 guys who have this new version P-38 in our club. I can tell you that it's not that well made. Much work will need to be done to get it flyable. I know if Motion RC was to make (sell) a wood P-38 that it would be ready to fly out of the box, after installing servo's, retracts, ect. Also 100 inch to 110 inch would be a better airframe for gas engines.

Attached Files

Comment

LOL I do love P-38's I have two Flightline and a Ziroli 38 but a well done 100 incher or so would go in my hanger for sure. Would make up for not having a YA 38.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X