X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4U CORSAIR SHORT KIT BUILD 61.5 w/s

Hi I’m the new guy. Wanted to share an idea I decided to bring to life. My F4U Corsair short kit build 61.5 w/s using Flight Line landing gear, servos and nav lights. The Flight Line 1600mm Corsair is so close in size, had to start. Any one done this before, have any suggestions you’re input would be greatly appreciated. I’m one of those folks who actually likes the build a little more than flying. I have posted a few pictures with Flight Line landing gear fitted in wings.

Hometech Welcome to Hobby Squawk! I'm glad to see another plans builder here, and I'm equally happy to see our FlightLine Corsair's gear being put into a woodie. Please keep us posted on your progress!

What will power your Corsair?
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hi Alpha, Thanks. I'm going to install a NGH 17cc two stroke gas engine, it should hove more than enough power. Currently waiting for servos I ordered to finish location / placement of electronics in the wing. I'll keep adding to the post as I progress through the build and seek out assistance here in Hobby Squawk from all of the knowledgeable community.

Thanks Again for your Interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        Hometech Welcome to Hobby Squawk! I'm glad to see another plans builder here, and I'm equally happy to see our FlightLine Corsair's gear being put into a woodie. Please keep us posted on your progress!

What will power your Corsair?
        Hello Alpha...........I and would guess many others are using this gear/retracts for other projects and mods.(got a pair in inventory for an undecided need)
        Why can we not buy the "retract reinforcement plates" that come on the A-10 and the Corsair and possibly the other 1600 sized warbirds(don't have the others) as a separate item like what was done for the Hawker Sea Fury which I believe was the only one. These plates really help with the structural integrity of the plastics cases.
        If I had my druthers on these FL etracts, I wish that they would have been designed with metal side cases.(yes I know cost but I know the majority would welcome a more reliable long wearing etract and spend the extra)
        Really got spoiled with Small Parts CNC side plates on the 1400 sized FMS etracts. (easily had upgraded 6 birds at $40 each)
        Would you pursue the reinforcement plates as a separate SKU for purchase on any FL etract that comes with them on the ARF??
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hello Alpha...........I and would guess many others are using this gear/retracts for other projects and mods.(got a pair in inventory for an undecided need)
          Why can we not buy the "retract reinforcement plates" that come on the A-10 and the Corsair and possibly the other 1600 sized warbirds(don't have the others) as a separate item like what was done for the Hawker Sea Fury which I believe was the only one. These plates really help with the structural integrity of the plastics cases.
          If I had my druthers on these FL etracts, I wish that they would have been designed with metal side cases.(yes I know cost but I know the majority would welcome a more reliable long wearing etract and spend the extra)
          Really got spoiled with Small Parts CNC side plates on the 1400 sized FMS etracts. (easily had upgraded 6 birds at $40 each)
          Would you pursue the reinforcement plates as a separate SKU for purchase on any FL etract that comes with them on the ARF??
          Week later BUMP for Alpha
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
          X