X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1400mm V3 Corsair

Just received my Corsair, anyone notice that the spinner for the 4 bladed propeller does not spin true? It seems like the nut was glued in crooked... Aside from that it is a pretty nice airplane. I have mine pretty detailed out. Thanks for any responses
    Tom
    AMA 521691

Re: 1400mm V3 Corsair

No I did not have this issue; however, I can tell you up front that the gears are not going to hold up. Do not make any hard landings with the plane. The gears will give way on you. Other than the gear problem, the planes flies very well and take of with flaps is picture perfect. The planes tracks like it is on rails. I use a 4000 mAh battery and the CG is right on with the battery. I ended up replacing the gears with metal trunnions with suspension and low bounce wheels. I love flying this plane now that I got the landing gears issues fixed.

Comment

Mind sharing the kind of gear you installed? I am not looking to put a bunch of $$$ in this as the one thing I thought the airplane should have is a retractable tail wheel. My next Corsair will have all of the whistles and bells.
      AMA 521691

Comment

If the spinner is completely out of round, it may be a manufacturing defect. If that is the case, it will be severely unbalanced and you will not want to fly it that way. Give us a call or send an email with a picture. We can do some troubleshooting but will likely need to send you a replacement.

Comment

Thanks Tom, I sanded the nut side on a piece of glass thinking that it would true the spinner to the nut longitudinally but I believe that the nut was glued in crooked. If I could fix it I would, but would probably destroy the spinner trying to get the nut out. I will send a few pix if you like, however, it may not show the detail as if were spinning. Thanks Again, may I say that this is a really nice airplane. When you get the 1400 FW 190 back in stock this may be my next airplane...
          AMA 521691

Comment

I got them from Philip at PW-RC. They are about 35.00 and the shipping is free. However, he is out now as I tried to order another pair. I had to modify the gear door some to get the fit. However, it was worth it as I got about five or six flights before the gears failed. Additionally, I replaced the wheels with Dubro low-bounce wheels and the changes really make a huge difference on landings. No bounce and the suspension gears work as they should. I will keep you posted when the gears are in.

Comment

Thanks
              AMA 521691

Comment

Just received the replacement spinner, this one spins true with no wobble. Thanks to whoever is responsible for making this right, it is very much appreciated.
                AMA 521691

Comment

Working...
                X