X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing B-17

Does the B-17 main wing replacement parts include the spar and associated wood parts?

Re: Freewing B-17

For $90 you'd sure hope so, but I noticed the spare parts ad specifies it comes with the 4 engine nacelles & <i>doesn't</i> mention (or show) any spar works. Which, if it did include, I'd think it <i>would</i> be mentioned. On the other hand, I didn't find the spar listed separately in a spare parts search either so, hard to say. This one I'd think deserves a call to Support to verify.
    Please do report back your findings for future readers reference.

Comment

Yup the replacement wings are pretty much useless without the spar and the wood pieces for it. The reason I brought this up is because my B-17 wings have seen some rough times and I would like to replace them so the plane will look less abused.

Comment

Guys,
        The replacement wings do not include a spar or the small wood blocks. We have asked Freewing to provide spars as spare parts for all their planes, this is currently in process. As far as the little wood block, I can request that these be included in future spare wings... for now please try to reuse them from the old wings or perhaps you can fabricate something out of thin plywood or similar material.

Mark

Comment

Is there a template available for the wood parts? I just looked at my B-17 wing and the wood parts would be difficult to remove intact.

Comment

Working...
          X