X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSD 1600mm A-1 Skyraider WIP

Just got this one in today from BH ...couldnt wait to get started on it..so here it is at the moment...plan on getting the Corsair retracts for it soon.
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Nice airbrush work!

Comment

That looks great. I noticed they had it a good price but was the shipping really 160.00. I was going to order one until that popped up at checkout. I live in N.C.
      Dewey l

Comment

thanks guys! Im in Ga and the shipping was around $30 from BH ,but theyre sold out now...DragonHobby still has them in stock,though dont know what the shipping is..cant believe it would be $160,unless its being shipped from China...

anybody know what scale this plane is? trying to find a pilot for it
        www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

Hey TS Hobbies
          That is the 1600 mm right. I was looking over at Calie graphics to see if they listed the scale but I didn't see it. I think the guys trying to get pilots for the P38 have been trying to get 1/10 scale. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Just trying to help. Love your A1 and want one myself. I had found it at hobby people I believe and when 160.00 came up for shipping I said nooooo. I'll try Dragon thinks for the tip.
          Dewey l

Comment

yes Im thinking the Aces pilot might work..the civilian one..about as close to nam as I can find
            www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
              anybody know what scale this plane is? trying to find a pilot for it
              Hello TS,
              The Skyraider had a 50' span so the 1600mm(63") HSD Skyraider from Dragon(or old BH version) comes in at 1/9.5 scale.
              My Seagull Skyraider is the same span and a 1/10 scale pilot looks appropriate.
              Best regards,
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

​this guy might work for ya if u can do 1/8th scale think u have to paint him anyway so use green instead of the blue they used

Comment

yup, thats the one I was thinking of.
                  www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

Nice work detailing that Skyraider. I also like to make my airplanes look as much as possible to the real thing. Might I have to do the same to my Hellcat.
                    By the way here is a good short account about the Skyraider in Vietnam. Some interesting trivia is that it was a Skyraider that scored the first air to air gun kill in Vietnam.

Comment

I have that one on DVD..love that series. I also built the model of the MiG killer too...
                      www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

my lipos for this plane will be here Friday..so finally I'll get to continue on this one..plan to maiden on Saturday
                        www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

got my bullets swapped out today,and also swapped the mains for 3" Robart wheels...just had to trim maybe 2mm around the wheel well..not much at all.
                          www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

Here she is ready to go..balanced out perfect at 80mm with the Zippy 5K all the way up. just a tad nose down with the gear retracted. One thing I noticed is all the buzzing..sounds like the control box...does anyone elses do this?
                            www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

Boy that is a beauty!!! Almost too nice to fly! LOL! Great job!
                              Lauren

Comment

thankyou! Its a great flyer for sure..plenty of speed..tight control..very stable.
                                www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

got more time with this one today..got 3 flights in... the last one though,one of the mains wouldnt rotate. had to land it in a grass field ..no damage though,other than a couple rockets came off...the darn pin that makes the gear rotate came out. Mrs took these with her new Niko 3300 she got for mothers day
                                  www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

a few more shots
                                    www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

Boy I sure wish I could have gotten one before they went out of stock. It really looks nice. Think you might get a video. That would be sweet.
                                      Dewey l

Comment

I think Dragonhobbyusa still has them in ,last I looked anyway.
                                        www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

Working...
                                        X