You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NEW Freewing P-51 with SOUND.........

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NEW Freewing P-51 with SOUND.........

I received my Freewing P-51 earlier in the week, and built it the same day (a quick build for sure). Although I have built, owned, and flew many of the park flyer sized foamies, and found good planes in the Dynam, FMS, Airfield brands, I've only had two Freewing planes to date. Both were very good builds with great components, nice attentions to detail, and quick and easy assembly. This new 6 channel P-51 with sound module (granted it doesn't sound like a Merlin, but it's much better than no sound at all) and innovative landing lights, sliding canopy, flashing LEDs, a great landing gear sequencer module, among other perks and well thought out items such as ball clevis linkage rod ends, set screw adjusted at the servo ends and much more is without a doubt one of my favorite electrics at this time. It flys with very good control, floats in with very stable landings (I crank in a high degree of flap on all of my warbirds) but here is my main reason for this posting. Although the manufacturer states battery needs are a 1000 MAH 3s for the sound module, and a 2200 MAH 4s batt for power, I used what I had being a 1300 MAH 3s (at 110 grams weight) for the sound module, and my trusty 3300 MAH 4s batts (at 385 grams weight) for power and the plane balanced perfectly! I don't have the recommended smaller batts for comparison, but would think they are too light (forget about being to low of a MAH) to achieve the proper CG. All I am saying is to be wary of your CG with this plane, as what I used, and flew was spot on perfect for the task. Also before signing off I would like to comment on this planes wheels and gear. I fly off of a very well manicured grass club field that friends with some Parkzone warbirds (among other brands) don't do well with, but this Freewing P-51 with it's suspension Oleo legs, and nice sized block treaded tires did as well as my gas giants on takeoffs and landings. I can highly recommend this plane to intermediate and accomplished low wing pilots.
    Ed (Warbidaholic) out!

Re: The NEW Freewing P-51 with SOUND.........

Ed,
    Can you please post this information in a review on the Freewing P-51 page so other customers will benefit from your feedback and recommendations..

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-p-51d-w-sound-system-1410mm-55-wingspan-pnp/#reviews

Thank you,
    Mark

Comment

Ed,
      You would just copy and paste the text into our review form, no need to retype. I am happy to do it for you if that is easier, I would just need you to tell me out of 5 stars what rating you would give the plane (5 is best).

Thanks,
      Mark

Comment

By all means Mark... If you can move the post, please do so. And I can't
        see why this plane shouldn't receive the 5 star rating. I tried to
        copy/paste it yesterday, but was having trouble doing so as there wasn't a
        review to hold a post open to carry the paste to? Nice plane!
        Merry Christmas Mark!

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 2:22 AM, Mark [via Motion RC Community Forum] <
        ml-node+s1075610n1414h46@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Ed,
        > You would just copy and paste the text into our review form, no need to
        > retype. I am happy to do it for you if that is easier, I would just need
        > you to tell me out of 5 stars what rating you would give the plane (5 is
        > best).
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Mark
        >
        > ------------------------------
        > If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
        > below:
        >
        > http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/The-NEW-Freewing-P=
        -51-with-SOUND-tp1411p1414.html
        > To unsubscribe from The NEW Freewing P-51 with SOUND........., click her=
        e<http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServl=
        et.jtp?macro=3Dunsubscribe_by_code&node=3D1411&cod e=3DT0w1NS5FZEBnbWFpbC5jb=
        218MTQxMXwxNzM1NjcxMjU5>
        > .
        > NAML<http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/template/Naml=
        Servlet.jtp?macro=3Dmacro_viewer&id=3Dinstant_html %21nabble%3Aemail.naml&ba=
        se=3Dnabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleN=
        amespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs =3Dnotify_subscr=
        ibers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_insta=
        nt_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
        >

Comment

I just received my new Freewing P-51. Question what is the best tool to use that fits the screws for the ball head buckle on the flaps? Any other good tips before I assemble plane that you have would be appreciated. This is my first Freewing product that I have assembled. I am just on the intermediate side of the hobby and would appreciate anything I can learn about this plane before I take her up.

Comment

Is anyone else having issues with the plane seeming to be very underpowered or perhaps too low of prop pitch to perform very well? Mine acts like it is barely able to stay much above stall speed. I tried 3 different batteries all the Admiral 3600 4S recommended by MotionRC for this plane and made sure the CG was correct and still couldn't get more than slow flight out of a Mustang that should be pretty fast with a 4250-540kV Motor.

Comment

to Webravager, sounds like you possibly need to calibrate your ESC to your radio. Have had the same problem on other models in the past.

Comment

Working...
              X