Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THANKS I started the thread but have not been keeping up with it. I dont mind dropping a new motor in. But we cant count on the fruit and especially since the Skyradier is discontinued. Anyone ever make a metal hub :)
    AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
      THANKS I started the thread but have not been keeping up with it. I dont mind dropping a new motor in. But we cant count on the fruit and especially since the Skyradier is discontinued. Anyone ever make a metal hub :)
      I hoarded up a bunch of these props even before I got the P-47 just because I liked the detail and them being one piece.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• lol I just cant give them any of my money. I dont trust them at all. It is why I never got the skyraider or the lx b25. I just dont trust them enough.
        AMA 1102566

Comment

• I'm keeping the few I have as spares for my Bearcat. And the size of the 1700 prop looks more correct, but then the spinner is oversized. I'm hoping the extra pitch and diameter will give it a bit more performance, but I'm guessing it will end up flying very similarly to yours. If its short on power, I can always shoehorn the 360kv system in there.

Comment

• So...Lots of experimenting is going on..Is the plane faster with original equipment on 6s ?

Comment

• Originally posted by TomC View Post
              So...Lots of experimenting is going on..Is the plane faster with original equipment on 6s ?
              Yes, but not a whole lot faster.
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

The problem is the stock motor is rated at 70 amp max. That prop on 6S is too much for that motor and will bog down at the higher power settings. You would need a new motor and ESC if you want to run that prop at 6S. Refer to F106DeltaDart's post #171 above for motor/combo ideas.
                True, I replaced my stock motor with another stock motor after getting it pretty hot on the 6S....it was clicking like a big catfish.
                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Thanks...I do like your prop change on 4s..I have plenty of them.. But, I do prop strike on our asphalt runway and these Skyradier props are hard to find and no longer produced,,Correct?

Comment

Thanks...I do like your prop change on 4s..I have plenty of them.. But, I do prop strike on our asphalt runway and these Skyradier props are hard to find and no longer produced,,Correct?

You can get them here.
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

You can get them here.
                      Thanks again..You are very helpful. I have several Admiral 4000 40C What flight times should I get with the prop mod?

Comment

Thanks again..You are very helpful. I have several Admiral 4000 40C What flight times should I get with the prop mod?
                        You're very welcome, I'm getting five minutes with about 40% left on a 4S 5500mAh, I would think the 4000mAh would go five with about 15% left. I'll try it tomorrow and see.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I also have 10- 6s 5000 lipos..it may be better for me to leave it stock an run on 6s...

Comment

• Have you guys run it stock yet? It just looks so damn goofy with that prop.
                            AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                              Have you guys run it stock yet? It just looks so damn goofy with that prop.
                              Yes, even stock it's no speed demon...are you talking about the small stock prop?
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• yea lol. Its comical how small it looks.
                                AMA 1102566

Comment

• Hi All: I did a total repaint on the new 1500 mm FMS P-47D razorback. I am thrilled with its performance, and might get another one someday, again to repaint in new colors. One question I have is: does anyone know if there is a Curtiss Electric prop and spinner available somehow that would work for this airplane? The reason that I selected the paint scheme that I did was because it comes with a Hamilton Standard prop and spinner like the real plane I was modeling, and I wanted to keep as accurate as possible. There are tons of really cool paint schemes I can do if I can get the proper Curtiss Electric prop and spinner!
                                  Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Comment

• Many of us are using the HSD A-1 Skyraider prop as an upgraded prop for this model (with appropriate modifications)...As for Curtiss or Hamilton I simply use decals to portray the prop manufacturer as desired...Do share your repaint when you get a chance!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Saw your repainted and it is a real work of art! Unfortunately, there are no Curtiss Electric props out there as far as I've been able to find, especially at this size. I made one for my little 1100mm PZ P-47 by carving up a P-51 Prop, but that's the closest I've seen. Everything else tends to look like the Hamilton Standard. That's why I started this thread, requesting scale props made for each individual model as an aftermarket option. Would really help get an accurate propeller look on even the distinctive looking props: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/mo...le-sized-props.

Comment

• For anyone who owns the FMS 1500mm P-47.... how would you describe the speed of this plane? Reason I ask: I have the 1450mm FMS P-51 with the stock KV540 motor, and it is really too slow. I'm worried about that with this plane.

Any insight to share to help me make a decision? thanks

Comment

• The stock p51 is very anemic. I upgraded mine to the newer v4 t28 power system
                                          AMA 1102566

Comment

Working...
                                          X