Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine today, very nice plane but they should have made the box a little longer mine has a few smush wrinkles in it. I put the HSD Skyraider prop on it and it looks great.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170111_214602762_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	130.8 KB ID:	57491

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170111_215518249_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	148.0 KB ID:	57493

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170111_215529431_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	145.2 KB ID:	57496

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170111_233136713_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	138.0 KB ID:	57492

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170111_233127114_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	149.5 KB ID:	57494

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170111_190444000_iOS.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	57498

Name:	20170111_190539000_iOS.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	57499

Name:	20170111_190621000_iOS.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	57500

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170111_233107928_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	163.4 KB ID:	57490

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170111_235524902_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	153.0 KB ID:	57495

TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Hello Sir, If you look in the Tips section and follow my steps you will be able to get 90% of the wrinkles/dents out of your foamy...It works! ;)

Comment

TiredIron that prop looks FANTASTIC! I know what prop I will be using once I get mine. Thanks for the tip. :)

Is this the prop and is it a direct fit or do you need anything?

My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

TI.......stk motor and prop adapter used with that HSD prop??
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thinking of going with Zombie or the Blonde Angel as a livery choice...Love the full out invasion stripes on the turtle neck of both liveries...

Name:	p47dfr_9.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	57514Click image for larger version

Name:	markchisp47_header.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	57516
            Attached Files
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
              TI.......stk motor and prop adapter used with that HSD prop??
              Yes, and the prop nut.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Yes, and the prop nut.
                Would be really interested ;) on some amp and watt measurements. Got my HSD prop ready and a FMS 5060 - 360kV motor if I have to use it in case that stock motor can't handle the extra 2 inch diameter.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

TI, that is THE prop for that plane!!
                  I remember Bob Johnson, in his book,"Thunderbolt" talking about when he first flew his P-47 with a paddle blade prop and it blew him away, he out climbed a Spitfire with it. I bet the difference will be amazing here as well!
                  Too big for the Bearcat, too bad....
                  Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Looking good TiredIron! The bigger prop looks much better than stock. I have the prop and Pitts 360kv motor/ 125A ESC on standby for mine. Would love to use the stock motor if it has enough headroom though. Gman, that big Skyraider prop does just fine on the Bearcat, albeit with a change motor/esc. Mine has been flying with that prop and the FMS 580kv for some time with no issues. Probably not a good idea off grass, but has held up well on our geotex runway.

Comment

Hey, good to know!! That fat prop on the Bearcat, man I bet its something else!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

It's fun :D. Really completes the look of the plane for me.

Comment

I really wish FMS would stop using stock props that are too small...You spend all this time, tooling, molding, manufacturing warbirds with very close scale outlines and amenities and then throw on a prop that looks like it's meant for a smaller class warbird. Never understood that.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            TI, that is THE prop for that plane!!
                            I remember Bob Johnson, in his book,"Thunderbolt" talking about when he first flew his P-47 with a paddle blade prop and it blew him away, he out climbed a Spitfire with it. I bet the difference will be amazing here as well!
                            Too big for the Bearcat, too bad....
                            Grossman56
                            I use a Unique Models 13X6X4 prop on my Bearcat and E-flite 1200mm Corsair which looks scale and will climb like crazy.
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                              Thinking of going with Zombie or the Blonde Angel as a livery choice...Love the full out invasion stripes on the turtle neck of both liveries...
                              My vote is for Zombie. :) I'm planning on building a Keith Sparks P-47 and using the same livery. I'm with you on the full invasion stripes. It just looks like it's gonna tear up the sky. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                I really wish FMS would stop using stock props that are too small...You spend all this time, tooling, molding, manufacturing warbirds with very close scale outlines and amenities and then throw on a prop that looks like it's meant for a smaller class warbird. Never understood that.
                                RIGHT ON !!!!!!! They don't want to listen to the masses and I also doubt they'll listen to a rep from Motion too.
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

RIGHT ON !!!!!!! They don't want to listen to the masses and I also doubt they'll listen to a rep from Motion too.
                                  But it they get everything right we won't get to do as much cool modding to make it right, it's that way with my Tigercat...I haven't done anything to it except fly it (and you know how much I like to mod).

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

+1. In fact its not just FMS. Almost every warbird that I have owned has had props that look too small, or were just plain out of scale. We've been told time again that its because of performance, but I don't see how its such an obstacle. I've retrofitted scale diameter props to the Bearcat, PZ P-47, Avios Sea Fury, Durafly Corsair, Hobbyking B-17, and FMS P-39 with no problems. In fact, speed remained similar (to my eyes at least), Flight times were 5-6 minutes on all, and climb power was drastically improved. Sure, the motor and ESC have to be a bit larger but surely its worth it for a much more scale looking airplane..

Also, just put in my order for this bird. Looking forward to hearing your maiden report TiredIron!

Comment

The Tiger is just fortunate enough that the stock gear is adequate but it doesn't mean it is right for some of us fanatical modders and I know you are one of us ;).
                                      TI.....Did you see my earlier post requesting some amp/watt measurements on this Razor??
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

The Tiger is just fortunate enough that the stock gear is adequate but it doesn't mean it is right for some of us fanatical modders and I know you are one of us ;).
                                        TI.....Did you see my earlier post requesting some amp/watt measurements on this Razor??
                                        I hope to get that this evening.
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Grabbed mine this morning before they sell out. TI does the prop from BH come pre-painted or plain? Just trying to determine what kind of masking/painting work I will need to do.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X