Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FMS 1500mm P-47D Razorback Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    Grabbed mine this morning before they sell out. TI does the prop from BH come pre-painted or plain? Just trying to determine what kind of masking/painting work I will need to do.

It comes with waterslide decals on the tips and the hub isn't painted even though it shows to be on their page.

TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I hope to get that this evening.
      Very cool........anxiously await your findings !!!
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks TI!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
          It's fun :D. Really completes the look of the plane for me.
          Looks great! Whats the clearance with the tail up?
          With the folding tail wheel and the big prop, it looks so much more scale-like.
          Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            TI, that is THE prop for that plane!!
            I remember Bob Johnson, in his book,"Thunderbolt" talking about when he first flew his P-47 with a paddle blade prop and it blew him away, he out climbed a Spitfire with it. I bet the difference will be amazing here as well!
            Too big for the Bearcat, too bad....
            Grossman56
            I Love that book! I may do his scheme once I'm done with our work.

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Looks great! Whats the clearance with the tail up?
              With the folding tail wheel and the big prop, it looks so much more scale-like.
              Just measured it at about 1/2" clearance with the tail level. The nice thing is that this prop is really tough when you accidentally bump it. I've nosed it over on landing and it skid for probably 50 ft or so on the lower 2 prop blades with no signs damage! The tail retract also smooths up the appearance on those low flybys.

For the P-47, I'm debating between a few schemes below. I love the appearance of Eileen, but it is a bit overdone. Pengie II would also be kind of cool because my Parkzone P-47 is done in the Pengie IV paint scheme.

Comment

I don't have any EC5 female connectors so I can make an adapter to check amperage so I ran it up on the table with the new prop and stock ESC and motor, I eased the throttle up and when it got to about 85-90% she screams and gives up so I just flew her with the stock prop.Very good handling with no bad tendencies, I see this being a real go to plane.
                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I don't have any EC5 female connectors so I can make an adapter to check amperage so I ran it up on the table with the new prop and stock ESC and motor, I eased the throttle up and when it got to about 85-90% she screams and gives up so I just flew her with the stock prop.Very good handling with no bad tendencies, I see this being a real go to plane.
                  When you say "gives up" , the ESC over loads and shuts down??
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yep...I'm thinking a 5060-KV300 would work.
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

With the lower 6" pitch, the 5060 360kv from the FMS Pitts might be a better bet for performance with pulling too many amps. And it is about the same price as well. My Razorback is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning, and I'll be fitting this motor on as soon as I get time.

Comment

With the lower 6" pitch, the 5060 360kv from the FMS Pitts might be a better bet for performance with pulling too many amps. And it is about the same price as well. My Razorback is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning, and I'll be fitting this motor on as soon as I get time.
                        I don't think it will fit, the motor in the P-47 actually measures 4250.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Rats. I had a feeling that was too big a prop for the stock setup. Oh well, I have a nice prop for static display. Better than a kick in the teeth. ;)
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

We'll find a motor that will work...I've about smoked my stock one.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Ti,
                              Bummer..........I was suspicious that the ESC and motor would not be up to the task of that 16" fat paddle with both being rated @ 70A.
                              Too bad the motor is not rated at 80A like its other 6S counterpart the 4258-550kV then all that would be needed is to upgrade the ESC to the 85A Gecko.
                              Fortunately I have the Big Boy(5060-360kV) that I mentioned on post #47. My only concern is the mounting of the larger X motor mount to the motor board.
                              I do know that the stock motor if replaced will be a direct bolt in upgrade in my 1400 F4U Olathe ;).
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

DD.........I'll be VERY interested on the fitment. Let us know what you find.
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

DD.........I'll be VERY interested on the fitment. Let us know what you find.
                                  I just took one out of my 1700mm Corsair and it's way too big.
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

I Love that book! I may do his scheme once I'm done with our work.
                                    I have it in paperback from my teen age days as well as on my Kindle. Huge Martin Caidin fan!

Didn't someone on the Squawk mention that he owned a Hobby Shop at one tiem?

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

I just took one out of my 1700mm Corsair and it's way too big.
                                      How too big?........the mount?..........can size to the fake radial?...............both?
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

How too big?........the mount?..........can size to the fake radial?...............both?
                                        The motor is 70mm from prop face to motor mount, the stock one is 58mm.
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I will anxiously be watching this thread to see who discovers the winning motor first. :)
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X