Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, that's me too Aros, when the boys start talking tech, sit back and take it all in!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• So curious...Why is nobody trying a 5S?
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        So curious...Why is nobody trying a 5S?
        I don't have any...

TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Surprised no one is looking at the 1700mm p47 prop. Is there a reason? It's a 17 by 10 inch prop. . What's the size of the Skyraider prop?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
            Surprised no one is looking at the 1700mm p57 prop. Is there a reason? It's 17 inch prop can't remember the pitch. What's the size of the Skyraider prop?
            We've been talking about it and the 1700mm Corsair prop which I tried and it looks too big to me...mostly because of the hub I think. The Skyraider prop is 16" and it's one piece.
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

We've been talked about it and the 1700mm Corsair prop which I tried and it looks too big to me...mostly because of the hub I think. The Skyraider prop is 16" and it's one piece.
              what looks big? The hub itself or the nut?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

what looks big? The hub itself or the nut?
                The hub, nut won't work.
                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

The hub, nut won't work.
                  Luckily, I found that the shaft from the 1700mm Warbirds is a direct bolt on to the stock motor. I also had a tru-turn scale spinner lying around which looks much more scale than the stock 1700 spinner. I'll post a few photos soon.

Comment

• Here are a few pictures with the 1700mm prop installed.

Comment

• That looks amazing!!
                      So to sum up, its the stock motor and ESC with the 1700 mm shaft and an HSD Skyraider prop with a True Turn hub running on 4s?

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks Gman! It is the stock motor and ESC with the 1700mm shaft turning the 17x10 prop from the FMS 1700mm P-47 Prop running on 4S. I used this hub : http://www.truturn.com/cgi-bin/store...exact_match=on and secured it to the shaft with a 4mm x18mm screw that I found at the hobby shop.

Comment

• Boy that looks sweeeet! I have a 5S that is going to have to try out that A-1 prop...Still skeptical about a 4S being enough power.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Boy that looks sweeeet! I have a 5S that is going to have to try out that A-1 prop...Still skeptical about a 4S being enough power.
                            Thanks Aros! TiredIron flew it with 4S and the Skyraider prop, and said it had plenty of power, although 5S would probably give it a nice extra kick. Looking forward to your flight test results. With rain today and tomorrow, I'm grounded until next weekend.

Comment

Boy that looks sweeeet! I have a 5S that is going to have to try out that A-1 prop...Still skeptical about a 4S being enough power.
                              I can see that cartoon now of the Scale angel on Aros's one shoulder whispering while at the same time the Speed devil on the other side shouting :angel:
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Heh heh...
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• On my setup it's "enough" power. no over abundance. I would describe it as about the same as the stock FMS 1700mm birds.
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                    Thanks Gman! It is the stock motor and ESC with the 1700mm shaft turning the 17x10 prop from the FMS 1700mm P-47 Prop running on 4S. I used this hub : http://www.truturn.com/cgi-bin/store...exact_match=on and secured it to the shaft with a 4mm x18mm screw that I found at the hobby shop.
                                    Well, that looks to me like plenty of bang for the buck. A new prop and hub and you get scale looks and 4s with an optional 5s.
                                    I'll be interested in seeing how Aros' plan works as well.
                                    Give a man a plane and he'll learn to fly, give a man a jet and he'll beg for speed forever....

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Are you guys going down from 6s to 4s for amp reasons?
                                      AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                        Are you guys going down from 6s to 4s for amp reasons?
                                        Yeah.......it all deals with using the HSD Skyraider prop. Go back 7 pages to start if you need the details. ;)
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Cost effective as well, look at the price of a 6s and we all have 4s kicking around. For the price of the prop and hub as opposed to having to purchase, say three x 6s batteries ( if you don't own any of course) makes it pretty economical. As my personal rule of thumb, I try to have three batteries for each plane, which would run pretty expensive if I wanted to take two 6s planes to the field at the same time.

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X