X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official FMS 1500mm P-47D Razorback Thread

Whats the news on this. For a bird that was scheduled to be released this season all is quiet from the factory.
    AMA 1102566

Information from Force RC over on the "other" forum is for late summer or early fall. My bet would be on the fall. But, I'm also looking forward to this bird. A Razorback is just a real mean looking fighter.

Comment

I hadn't heard about this one, will have to check it out. 1500mm size would be really nice if they didn't price it too high.

Comment

Tom whats the news my man!
        AMA 1102566

Comment

Up for Preorder
          59" wingspan FMS P-47D Razorback Plug-N-Play - (PNP) - FMM089P - A 1500mm P-47D Razorback with loads of scale details from FMS.
          www.TSHobbies.com
          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

According to Jim @ "Force - the other FMS distributor", it looks like this is going to replace the 1700 which he claims has been discontinued. Just a heads up to those longing for the 67" Hun Hunter. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=15
            Am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this razorback. I can already see that the prop and motor from the 1700 Corsair/P-47 will be a definite mod for me to do which I just happen to have in spare parts after salvage from the Seagull Skyraider catastrophe this past June at NEFI.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

She could be quite the 'beast' of a different era Charlie!
              I've been kicking around the idea of what to take to NEFI next year, while keeping the wind factor in mind, this could be quite the plane for such conditions.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

wonder if thats the fate of all the 1700s?
                www.TSHobbies.com
                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Here's some video of the new P-47. Looks good.

Comment

I've been talking with the factory a lot about this. Production is about to start any day so the plane in the video must be one of the last test samples. The factory will do one large run and ship out to everyone around the end of October. This means it should be here very late November but could even be early December.

also, all the rumors of discontinued 1700 planes is completely against what I'm hearing. The 1700mm P-51 and Corsair are here to stay. I know of no plans to discontinue the P-47. In fact, I just ordered all of the 1700mm planes (including the P-47) and they are currently in production and will ship with the 1500mm P-47.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                      also, all the rumors of discontinued 1700 planes is completely against what I'm hearing. The 1700mm P-51 and Corsair are here to stay. I know of no plans to discontinue the P-47. In fact, I just ordered all of the 1700mm planes (including the P-47) and they are currently in production and will ship with the 1500mm P-47.
                      It is not the first time that the "other guy" has put out incorrect info. Thanx Tom for giving us some better insight.
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Cool plane, wonder if they'll offer it in green as well as silver. I'd like to see a Robert Johnson scheme or Gabby Gabreski.
                        Nice to have the options.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

OH DARN, the initial ETA per the product page shows the end of Nov,
                          At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

but now Horizon has just changed it to mid Dec on their pre-order page.

Does this affect Motions delivery??
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Hello Motion Reps,
                            Still looking for an answer from Motion on whether the date has moved to mid Dec. See post #13
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

I'll see what I can find CB

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

This is a quote from Tom over on RCG on the 7th: "We are still on target for late November or early December for the first shipment. The first Motion RC shipment left the FMS factory a week ago. Unfortunately the first shipment is somewhat small. The next Motion RC shipment will leave the FMS factory any day so hopefully it is only 10 days (or so) behind the first shipment."

Comment

Thanx Prowler, I just happen to catch that over there about 20 minutes ago. Just wish the guys would take care to enlighten their own forum followers here first. As you can see I inquired here two days before that RCG post.
                                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

I was thinking the same!!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

OV10 and everyone else who has been asking. Please accept my sincere apologies for not replying to you before now.
                                      Everyone who is asking and interested in the new FMS P-47 Razorback. The expected date we have for this new model is early December. I'm afraid I can't give you an exact date at the moment. However I will give you an update as soon as I have more news.

Martin.

Comment

Thanks, Martin. :)

Comment

Working...
                                        X