Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Finished my FW 190, repaint and weathering

Comment

Very nice Asesso! Love the black and white's.

Comment

Noticed the landing gear slop (play) has become unacceptable- anyone know how to retighten so posts wont swivel?

Comment

Originally posted by Cmclaren View Post
          Noticed the landing gear slop (play) has become unacceptable- anyone know how to retighten so posts wont swivel?
          You have to pull the trunion/motor assembly from the wheel well. The grub screws go through the trunion. Put a drop of lock tite on the grub screws.
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

Reviving a dead post.

I'm thinking of getting one of these. I'm fairly new to the hobby, just have some BNFs from HH so far. If i get this, all I need is a 4s battery and my FrSky X8R? I've heard talk about needing a BEC and that's got me wary.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap_Arcona View Post
              Reviving a dead post.

I'm thinking of getting one of these. I'm fairly new to the hobby, just have some BNFs from HH so far. If i get this, all I need is a 4s battery and my FrSky X8R? I've heard talk about needing a BEC and that's got me wary.
              It’s PNP. Everything is included, except the receiver and the battery. Will this be your first tail stagger?
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

Got the email from motion this morning and would love to get a German plane. Currently fly P51 1m, 1.2m P-47 and T-28 1.2m. Have a Timber and cub as well so I’m use to tail staggers. My overall fear is getting a plane that is above my skill set. Land all my
                planes fine. See it can take a big 3s. May use that to limit my speed and not have the devil in my ear saying “punch the throttle” if had a 4s ????
                Planes
                -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Has anyone been able to successfully peel off the white decal that is placed around the prop spinner? I am on my second one because I destroyed the first one trying to somehow figure out how it peels off. I would like to get it on there as I like to have my warbirds to scale as much as possible.

Can't wait to get her in the air! Still waiting for a decent day where it is not too windy to take her up.
                  Happy flying!

Comment

I finally got around to assembling this beautiful plane the decals took longer to apply than building and setting up the transmitter. I’m hoping to get the maiden in this weekend. I’m planning on using an Admiral 3000 4s with this battery it’s neutral cg at the recommended 85mm there is not much choice on battery placement. The compartment in the fuse is really tight on space for the battery and receiver not any choice where to put things.

Comment

I couldn’t wait for fair sky’s so I went ahead and took it up for the maiden. It only needed a few clicks of trim and it was locked in. The balance was good with the Admiral 3000 4s against the firewall and at half throttle it is pretty quick at full throttle this pane isn’t for the faint of heart. Oh yea that German camo really works in dark low clouds I really had to pay attention to keep orientation. This plane is definitely a Winner!

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                        I couldn’t wait for fair sky’s so I went ahead and took it up for the maiden. It only needed a few clicks of trim and it was locked in. The balance was good with the Admiral 3000 4s against the firewall and at half throttle it is pretty quick at full throttle this pane isn’t for the faint of heart. Oh yea that German camo really works in dark low clouds I really had to pay attention to keep orientation. This plane is definitely a Winner!
                        Looking good! I also used the Admiral 4S 3000 battery and she balanced out perfect. Unfortunately, on my second flight, my RX must have lost communication to my radio and I had absolutely no control over the plane and she dove in nose first. On a positive note, I only really needed to order a replacement prop, prop spinner and apply some foam tac to half of the tail wing and one flap and she should be able to be back in the air. But man is she a beauty during flight but I am super bummed that she had crashed on me. Even ordered a new Admiral RX too (Never knew how many people despise Spektrum - I personally never had any issues up until this past weekend).

Happy flying!
                        Happy flying!

Comment

I would appreciate any photos, and suggestions for receiver placement

Comment

The Flightline Focke Wulf FW-190 1100mm is a sweet little ride! I set mine up box stock and am using 4S 2700mah packs. She is very nimble, very crisp, with a snappy roll rate. No elevator to flap mix is needed. You can drive it down with flaps and flare. I am flying off a rather unprepared surface and find it does well on short takeoffs and landings. With a few shake-down flights out of the way it's time to decal her up!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FW-190.jpeg
Views:	908
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	216727

Name:	FW-190-2.jpeg
Views:	850
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	216728

Comment

does someone know the wing area of the FW 190 I am trying to check the wing loading. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bobtheman View Post
                                does someone know the wing area of the FW 190 I am trying to check the wing loading. Thanks
                                Hi bobtheman, the manual says about wing loading this:

Name:	FW190manual.png
Views:	879
Size:	317.1 KB
ID:	252022

Comment

Hi everyone, I just received my FW-190 and noticed that on the right rear where the rudder horn is located there is no control arm connecting the rudder to the tail wheel horn. Is that control arm missing or am I not seeing something. I’d appreciate any assistance with this. Thanks.

Comment

Hey I just bought a used 190. It looks to be ok except for the wing has been cut out and glued back for a possible retract failure. I noticed the motor mount was a piece of light ply and not the plastic piece I have ordered. Is this a newer version plane or what? Also the plastic cooling fan behind the prop is too big to fit. What gives? I now this is an older forum but any info is appreciated . Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MashP39 View Post
                                      Hey I just bought a used 190. It looks to be ok except for the wing has been cut out and glued back for a possible retract failure. I noticed the motor mount was a piece of light ply and not the plastic piece I have ordered. Is this a newer version plane or what? Also the plastic cooling fan behind the prop is too big to fit. What gives? I now this is an older forum but any info is appreciated . Thanks.
                                      Sounds like you have a plane that has been repaired for some reason or another. The plywood is not original.

Comment

OK, thanks. That is what I thought. Sometimes I buy an older plane at a swap meet or somewhere and then have to scramble to get info and parts. I would not be surprised at the addition and the original has been scrapped. I will epoxy in the new plastic mount and go from there. I have not been on this forum for several years and just now rediscovered it.

Comment

Mash, once you get your Würger straightened, I think that you’ll really like it. On a 4S battery, the V2 190 is my favorite 1.1m-class warbird. I fly the snot out of mine, even when I bring much larger warbirds to the field.
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X