X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1400mm FW-190

Just received my new FW-190 today, went together just fine. Hooked up the receiver to extend the gear and when the xmitter is on and batt is hooked up, I get a beep every two seconds or so and nothing is responsive ie servo's. Havent really had time to troubleshoot and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I did calibrate the ESC with the throttle and the two second beep is still sounding....
    AMA 521691

Re: 1400mm FW-190

There is a known glitch with the FW 190's gear not responding with certain receivers. Other receivers have no problem with the gear. What radio and receiver are you using ? I believe the Spektrum receivers are the ones that have a problem while Futaba and HiTech have no problem . Here is a thread that I started on that very problem. it is titled Is the FMS FW 190 gear glitch solved ? started April 13, 2013; 7:39pm with the last post response on Sept 2013. You might want to go onto YouTube and search to see some examples.

Comment

I have a Tactic receiver, I have the same setup installed in my 1400 V3 Corsair and it works flawlessly. Everything is hooked to the receiver and the motor beeps every two seconds. The xmitter sticks have no response to the airplane. I plan to troubleshoot in the morning, may pull some things from the Corsair to eliminate faults.
      AMA 521691

Comment

Hi Tom,

The Tactic has a reverse throttle channel. The ESC thinks you are on full throttle. don't plug in the plane - keep it off. Turn on your radio and reverse the throttle channel. Now turn off the radio and back on again. Make sure throttle is at zero and the prop is off the plane. Plug the battery into the plane and it should work fine. Once you do that you should also initialize the ESC (teach the ESC the full range of your throttle channel). We have a video about ESC initialization here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOWI5nElXcs

IMPORTANT: Since you bound the RX to the radio with the throttle channel reversed, NEVER turn off the radio before unplugging the battery from the plane. The failsafe position of the throttle channel programmed into your receiver is now 100% throttle so the plane will take off at 100% throttle if you turn off the radio while the battery remains plugged into the plane. No matter what brand radio and receiver everyone is using or how it is programmed everyone should ALWAYS turn on their radio before they plug the battery into any plane and unplug the battery form the plane before the radio is turned off. You may want to reset your failsafe programming on the RX.

Comment

Problem solved, after trying a few things I resorted to reading the receiver manual... Imagine that, the light on the receiver was not lit requiring actuating the "Link" or reset button and after that everything works as advertised. Thanks for all of the responses...
          AMA 521691

Comment

Working...
          X