Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete and Eddie, is CVRCC's Toys for Tots day this Sunday? Apollo's is this Saturday. Sunday looks like better weather between the two days. If you guys feel like driving, I'll be there both days and a bunch of us will be passing around the transmitter on my Lelu #003.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks for posting your thoughts, Pat! I didn't know lived so closely and didn't know you were working with Brandon until he told me after the maiden flights that first day.... he kept saying something about someone needing "diapers"? :p I'm glad you two are having with this bird. I'm not envious of your tall rough grass field, but it is nice to see the Tigercat is handling it just fine. One of the reasons I selected Brandon was because he said he had a rough patch of grass and I wanted to test it there because I don't have access to grass that tall. As he likes to say, "Proof is in the pudding!"

Comment

• Yeah, Brandon and I are very close to each other (as is Bob Ruff). We're just a big happy family over here. I'm glad we were able to show off some rough field handling!

I don't fly at this location anymore as I have a nice 800' paved runway at AZ Model Aviators, and 450' of geotex at Gilbert Quiet Flyers. ;)

PS - AZ Model Aviators is having the AZ Electric Festival Feb 17-19. Tony and Miss E will hopefully be there. If you're not overseas working on a new model for us, it'd be great if you could come out as well!

Pat

Comment

• Nice post Pat !!
          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Just finished flight #18 :shy:...sweet flying plane.
            Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              Thanks for posting your thoughts, Pat! I didn't know lived so closely and didn't know you were working with Brandon until he told me after the maiden flights that first day.... he kept saying something about someone needing "diapers"? :p I'm glad you two are having with this bird. I'm not envious of your tall rough grass field, but it is nice to see the Tigercat is handling it just fine. One of the reasons I selected Brandon was because he said he had a rough patch of grass and I wanted to test it there because I don't have access to grass that tall. As he likes to say, "Proof is in the pudding!"
              I thought is was for other reasons....LOL. It was was a blast to do, and nice plane. Have a new soloshot photographer now:p;)
              Brandon Moon

Comment

Pete and Eddie, is CVRCC's Toys for Tots day this Sunday? Apollo's is this Saturday. Sunday looks like better weather between the two days. If you guys feel like driving, I'll be there both days and a bunch of us will be passing around the transmitter on my Lelu #003.
                Yes, Toys 4 Tots this Sunday, along with Fun Fly. Down here in desert, the forecast Saturday is 15 to 20 MPH winds. but Sunday is supposed to be calm. Sounds soooooo tempting to drive up there. Is this the field at the 101/405?.

Comment

• Trying to make it there?, but not sure if I can?
                  Brandon Moon

Comment

• Your new version SoloShot arrived??

Comment

Your new version SoloShot arrived??
                      no...loaner old one until the new ones are shipped... new for me though ;)
                      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                        I now have the Mr. RCSound "Aspire sound card mounted. Ended up doing it a little differently than originally planned. Checked my CG and is still the same as the Maiden flight, Perfect placements and weight distribution of the components :)

It is accessible by cutting the Belly access panel I made back open, but Due the the sound's size...I decided to mount it semi permanently.
                        Hello Brandon.
                        Did you glue the sound card hatch after the install where you have to recut each time you want to update the memory card?
                        Eddie

Comment

• Wish I could do LA this weekend, but had another commitment already.

Wish they'd hurry up and get those SoloShot 3's done, I'd like to get one. Now looks like they are delayed until March. Trouble with the drive circuit and zoom lens.
                          Pat

Comment

• Hey Guys,

Here's some pics of the "sample" optional shock absorbing landing gear set that Motion RC will be offering and available when the first shipment arrives.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...set-flw3021088

Price is $47.99

NOTE: Wheels come painted on the production set.

They are really robust and an impressive. I literally just took them out of the package and put them to the test. ;)
                            A really nice option for those of us who fly off of unimproved surfaces or just want the added cool factor on your FlightlineRC Tigercat....though the stock gear holds up well and look great too!

Set weight: 8.4 oz
                            Main wheel diameter: 3 1/4 in.
                            Nose wheel diameter: 2 5/8 in.

Best,
                            Tony

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	844.7 KB
ID:	52553Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	817.4 KB
ID:	52554 Here is a little more work on the F7F-3N modification
                              Brandon,
                              Nice work on the rear cockpit What Material did you use for the clear canopy? It looks great!
                              Eddie

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post

Brandon,
                                Nice work on the rear cockpit What Material did you use for the clear canopy? It looks great!
                                Eddie
                                Hi Eddie,

The "N" canopy was done using Clear plastic polystyrene sheet I got from my local hobby store. As for the Sound module, yes I glued the hatch cover back on and did not make it hatch style removable without cutting back into it.....but considered making it a removable hatch. Always easy to do that later down the road.

At the moment...I am not real pleased with the rpm range of the sound card and am going to be changing it out for a different sound system card. It just doesn't sound right to me, though it is a nice sound system, just not what i was expecting from it.

I'm also adding drop tanks and ordnance at the moment that can be dropped in flight.
                                Brandon Moon

Comment

• Thanks for posting those pictures, Tony! We'll install them back on this weekend when everyone visits for the Fly-In. The pictures give a good idea of the size of this landing gear.

As Tony said, guys, the only difference between his pictures and what you'll receive is that you'll receive painted wheel hubs, exactly as shown in the official product photo (his first picture, which is also on our website under the Tigercat's "Upgrades" section). Ryan will be doing a video of the painted production version, showing how straightforward it is to install these struts. The set screw for the nose is accessible without having to remove the retract itself, so it can be swapped in seconds. You'll need to loosen the screw for the nose door spring, loosen the two grub screws to slide off the stock strut, slide the new nose strut back on, tighten those grub screws, then attach the door spring and tighten its screw. Done!

Comment

• Looking forward to it! Saturday's weather currently looks marginal but Sunday looks great for the "Toys for Tots" gathering.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• This plane makes me wish I was 5" tall...
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Hi Eddie,

The "N" canopy was done using Clear plastic polystyrene sheet I got from my local hobby store. As for the Sound module, yes I glued the hatch cover back on and did not make it hatch style removable without cutting back into it.....but considered making it a removable hatch. Always easy to do that later down the road.

At the moment...I am not real pleased with the rpm range of the sound card and am going to be changing it out for a different sound system card. It just doesn't sound right to me, though it is a nice sound system, just not what i was expecting from it.

I'm also adding drop tanks and ordnance at the moment that can be dropped in flight.
                                        Thanks Brandon,
                                        I have an Aspire in by basket at Motion, maybe I'll wait to see what you come up with. What do you think of the V4.1 version for this plane?

Eddie

Comment

• I was talking with Brandon the other day and he recommended that I try the Mr.RCSound V4.1.

I installed a base transducer to pair with the TT-25, and now the Aspire sounds good for my purposes.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X