Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine RC 1600mm F7F-3 Tigercat Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Brandon.

Comment

• [QUOTE=OV10;n52291]After several hours of research, have decided on the livery for me and of course it had to be Navy.
      OK Callie, here's another one to add to your files.

Of course, I just naturally assumed that!!
      So what do you think CB, are you going grey are some sort of silver??
      If silver, I think I posted the Acrylic I used on Old Crow, it's a perfect match, plus a Sargents brand which is slightly different if you want to alter the color slightly it should be posted in the painting section.

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Dan.......a silver-gray blend
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Flap to Elevator mixing for flap deployment
          I did mix 2mm of down elevator to the 1/2 manual recommended flap setting and an additional 2mm more to the full flap manual recommended setting per Alpha's recommendations. He was dead on correct with these measurements in preventing the nose from pitching up when flaps were deployed at either setting.
          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Battery placements and sizes

She's pretty roomy for her size and I had no problems fitting the admiral 4000's. However...I did have to re position the battery straps to fit them better over the center of the batteries based on my placement of the to get the desired CG between 65 and 75mm.

A 4000 admiral is the biggest (Thickness wise) you can fit under the nose tray lip and it will require removing about 1/8 inch of foam from the tongue to allow it to fit under that lip....but you will also notice that I have the noose battery positioned much further back and actually overhanging the tray by almost half....so it's not even under the forward hatch lip at all.
            Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post
              Now Headed over to the air museum that has an airworthy F7F-3. Will post close up photos.
              Yes, please! I'm excited for this! I'm curious which BuNos you're talking about...

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                Dan.......a silver-gray blend
                Sounds awesome Charlie! You'll know which one is yours in the crowd!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Here is some photos I took today of our local Tigercat. One of our R/C club members works there, but he was off today, so I will schedule my next visit when he's there so I can get some cockpit photos hopefully.

Comment

• Here some more.

Comment

• Thanks Eddie!
                      You should see if you can get a picture with yours in front of it when you're finished building.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        Thanks Eddie!
                        You should see if you can get a picture with yours in front of it when you're finished building.

Grossman56
                        For sure, I can make that happen, especially if I go with the same livery, that would be awesome. This museum is a living museum, most aircraft fly, many aircraft from Pacific and European theaters. The B-17G has been static for about 5 years now, but soon will be in the air again. Was able to climb all over it on the inside today. Very impressive. P-51 rides will be available next spring as well as the C-47.

Comment

• I love this bird! If I recall correctly Brandon Moon was looking at King of the Cats as a possible repaint livery option once he completed his two seater canopy mod. Very jealous of your location to be so close to a well loved and airworthy Tigercat. Seeing the serial plate is interesting because that conflicts with the warbird registry online. Proof is in the pudding!

Comment

• Yes, pretty fortunate to have this less than 20 minutes away.
                            To everyone here, If there's any part or angle of the plane you want and I did not capture, let me know, and I'll make sure to take pics and post them next time I'm down there. I'll work on getting access to cockpit for pics.

Comment

• Where is that museum Eddie?
                              If they're offering P51 rides, that's on my bucket list.
                              Getting an F7F-3 is first though. Might take a few years but......

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                Where is that museum Eddie?
                                If they're offering P51 rides, that's on my bucket list.
                                Getting an F7F-3 is first though. Might take a few years but......

Grossman56
                                Palm Springs Air museum. palmspringsairmuseum.org

Another bonus is about 90 minutes away, the Planes of fame museum in Chino Ca.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                  I love this bird! If I recall correctly Brandon Moon was looking at King of the Cats as a possible repaint livery option once he completed his two seater canopy mod. Very jealous of your location to be so close to a well loved and airworthy Tigercat. Seeing the serial plate is interesting because that conflicts with the warbird registry online. Proof is in the pudding!
                                  I thought about it, along with "Here kitty Kitty" but I'm going to be doing something a little less scale (Livery wise) and more personal like, but realistic
                                  Brandon Moon

Comment

• For a fantasy scheme, I like this one. Although the numbers are all over the place, the scheme itself is neat and eye-catching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                      For a fantasy scheme, I like this one. Although the numbers are all over the place, the scheme itself is neat and eye-catching.
                                      yep, like that one to...or these
                                      Brandon Moon

Comment

• well i just ordered one,ol, lady going to kill me i got 28 planes 17 are motions lol have not flown but of them hahaha! but could not pass this one,wanted the bear too but i like this one much better! wonder how many more they have before there gone on this batch?

Comment

• my 4 key sticks.i only flown 4 this year. got all planes this year too!

Comment

Working...
                                          X