Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Gross. Also I’m using a older DX6i transmitter. Do you think that may be a problem for me?

Comment

• That shouldn't be a problem. I use the DX8 1st Gen and also have a DX6i and I haven't had a problem with them. As I say, get ahold of the guys at Customer Support Motion, I'll see if I can get Martin to check this thread out.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Got a call from Martin earlier today, gonna call him back as soon as I get back home. Thank you

Comment

• Good news!!
          Team Gross!

Comment

• I will check all my connections before I fly. I have two and never flown either. I purchased the second one because I did not like the finish on the first one. Still had too much mold release stuff on it. I just could not get the stuff off to my satisfaction.. Cat #2 was just perfect on the finish. Sometimes one just gets a bad draw.

Comment

• I finally got my bird bound up. Turns out to be a rookie mistake, servo plugs installed backward. I do think lowering throttle trim was a part of it as well. Anyway thanks for the help guys. One more thing, anyone have an issue with servo linkage not being long enough?

Comment

• Yes, one of the flap rods was too short. Had to make a new one up. Thought i did something wrong but it was just too short.

Comment

• Thanks bbolz

Comment

• My flap rod was too short as well. I had ordered another set of pushrods just for spares, so I just switched it out, but it was one of the few times the pushrod were the wrong length. I think I did open a ticket, but didn't request a replacement since I had one here already!! Just wanted them to know.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Tubbsfuss View Post
                      I finally got my bird bound up. Turns out to be a rookie mistake, servo plugs installed backward. I do think lowering throttle trim was a part of it as well. Anyway thanks for the help guys. One more thing, anyone have an issue with servo linkage not being long enough?
                      Glad you got it sorted out. After 35 years, I have put the leads in upside-down, and even had them labeled (as recently as last year...) BEER!!!!!!!!!!! That is my excuse!!!! LOL Beer...…

Comment

• Glad to know it’s not just me. Thanks

Comment

• I always use the lowest throttle setting. I use a DX-9 and a DX-18. FWIW. Trim all the way down.

Comment

• Thanks i thought i did something wrong with the links. I flew 3 flights today withe t bgg e upgraded motors and 2 blade proos. Huge diffetence, i love it! What a great plane. I start out with the "bulls" theme song (serious) and start the two P&W 2100 hp motors and then taxi out. No flaps on takeoff for a long clinb out. Love this plane!

Comment

• Just got finished swapping out the starboard nacelle for the third time. The firewall keeps coming loose and turning. I've tried gluing it back into place with just about everything that I can think of. Fortunately, the original one was repaired (from the outside) and seems to be holding but I can't really tell until I fly her. So my thought was to split the nacelle and get the firewall back into place within one half of it, then reglue the two halves together. Seems like the smart move right??
                              Anyone ever try removing the cowling ring!!! Is that sucker ever on there, I cut around the foam with a scalpel, burying the blade right into the foam, then tried trimming the inside away as well, still no go, I've pulled and pulled 'til my arms are tired and I can't get the thing to separate! Has anyone had better luck or can at least tell me if it is just a flat back or does it have anchor pins.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• I don't have this specific plane (mine is the FMS one) but looking at the picture of the cowl ring, I see what appears to be screw tabs and an inner lip. Did you check to make sure all the screws are removed? What about that "plastic engine part"? That seems to be held on by screws. Is that removed? Maybe it's holding the ring in.

Comment

• The plastic screw tabs are actually where the fake radial attaches to the ring. I looked at that picture as well and it would seem to be a flat glue joint, man I wish they'd have used the same glue to put the firewall in. Funny, the other side had always been fine, but the starboard side has just been a pain. I wonder if it's like the Twix commercial, one factory line makes the left side and another makes the right

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Haha, so you got two left side Twix rings!

Comment

• Sounds like something we should be looking at. I'd hate to have one give up in the middle of a flight. Overall, I love the way this plane flies. Two motors has to be better than one!

Comment

• What happens in flight is that the firewall will rotate, fortunately it will not leave the airplane, but the motor can easily be moved up and down. What I have done thus far is to try and glue it back by placing glue on the exposed parts of the firewall and twisting it back into place. Then pull the whole motor assembly forward to allow the glue to grab. No joy. So, it would appear that the plastic ring fits over the molded nacelle and is glued on there, never to be removed. The answer is a hacksaw blade and you cut the whole thing off. Then cut and spread the two nacelle halves, get a bunch of glue into the slots that the firewall fits into, rejoin the sides, use Velcro strips to hold both sides tightly in place, then go to Canada!. In other words, let it sit for 6 days.
                                        Now, the great thing is , with that ring cut off the nacelle, reinstalling the motor is going to be a breeze. What I'll do is put a bunch of round tooth picks in one side and glue the heck out of it, then push the ring over the tooth picks, that'll hold it on place perfectly! a bit of body touch up, repaint where needed and reinstall the unit back on the plane and HOPE that that's the end of it!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Dear Grossman you really amused me ..... why easy when it can be complicated ... i go to Canada ... joke aside .... you try your best ... such as you keep our hobby sport alive .

Comment

Working...
                                          X