Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why stop at a B-29? Let's go for the B-36 Peacemaker!!! 6 props and 4 edfs?!!? Who is with me??

Comment

Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
      Why stop at a B-29? Let's go for the B-36 Peacemaker!!! 6 props and 4 edfs?!!? Who is with me??
      I would absolutely be in for a B-36 as well! Might have to go for a 2500mm span on that monster though!

Comment

lol, guess this turned into a wish list
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
          lol, guess this turned into a wish list
          I was gonna post "drift?" myself but that is ok for a bit as long as it doesn't take over the thread like it does over on RCG.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

If the fms nose gear drags in grass like the p39 does, then I'll have no choice but to go with the fl model. However, after the pucker factor on rotation and liftoff is over the rest of the flight with the fms 39 is a dream. Even landing it just cruises down nice and easy.

Comment

New pics on Facebook...

TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I'm digging that main gear but not the measled riveting. Based on FMS's past history of introductory pricing I'm gonna venture to say that this one is gonna be out of reach of the majority.
                I would have never seen these pics because I have expressed elsewhere my disdain for FB but am appreciative of TI's FB peeping(almost used the word voyeurism because the Tiger is just sexy) ;)
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I hope that isn't the final production mold. They got way too carried away with the rivets. Most of the Tigercat is flush riveted. I guess FMS hasn't seen one up close. I'd hate to pay top dollar for this one just to have to sand and refinish the entire airframe.

Comment

That is an EPO model, from an actual mold. The way molds are constructed, those rivets are milled into the mold. Removing those rivets is impossible, because milling is a reductive process. They would need to create an entirely new mold, which I cannot imagine them doing at this point because the cost of mold this size is expensive. As in, in the neighborhood of the average American annual income.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

The rivets would look great on a B-17 or B-24.
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I can't believe how nasty that shop is...
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                          That is an EPO model, from an actual mold. The way molds are constructed, those rivets are milled into the mold. Removing those rivets is impossible, because milling is a reductive process. They would need to create an entirely new mold, which I cannot imagine them doing at this point because the cost of mold this size is expensive. As in, in the neighborhood of the average American annual income.
                          Up until I saw the rivets I was think g this is a pretty cool model. Well if that's the final mold than I'll have to pass unless they sell a cheaper unpainted kit version. No way I'm paying $500 for a foamy that looks like that no matter how cool the size and landing gear. Why would they ruin it this way? They had everything going for them. Maybe they'll get the hint and have a couple extra body's sand them all smooth before paint! Plus I wonder if it's been blessed by Northup Grumman.

Comment

I think it may look good once it's got some paint on it...I plan to get one...once Motion has it in stock.
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

The rivets are a bit much, but the gear looks fantastic! If it comes in the "Bad Kitty" paint scheme I will definitely pick one up.

Comment

Looks good to me :)
                                Brandon Moon

Comment

that tail just dont look like flightline,s for sure.i like fl better that one looks too skinny.

Comment

to even have any opportunity to sell this thing, they better keep pricing close to the flightline pricing. Even at that, it would be an uphill battle knowing flightline quality.

Comment

Well, judging by the number of postings on the RC Groups site of those flyers who got to test fly the new FMS F7F the FMS version is quite a nice flyer and the landing gears seems to be well received. The landing gears certainly seem robust,

I will wait and see how well they fly and how well the landing gear lasts before I make my decision,

As everyone is aware the weak link in the electric rc flying models are the landing gear, hopefully the new design by FMS will prove to be robust and their design will become the new standard.

Comment

Did a few changes and additions to mine over the past week. and shot some pictures of it next to my fantasy FlightlineRC Tigercat. Really enjoy them both and both are fantastic planes
                                        Brandon Moon

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                          X