X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post

I don't know the setup of the servo' s but would it be possible to take the rudder servo arm off and turn it around 180 degrees? Or the nose gear arm?
    No. The servo is right up against the sidewall. If you turn the arm to the other side, you'd have to gouge out the wall and possibly have a paper thin sidewall and put a couple of bends in the steering rod. You could relocate the servo to the other side but then, you have to rotate the steering arm also to the other side, requiring to disassemble the nose strut, cut a flat on the opposite side to anchor the steering arm via the hex nut. It's just so much simpler to just get a servo reverser and connect it inline with the servo lead. A servo reverser costs around $5. If he has an extra unused channel on his RX, it would cost nothing. Much less cussing and swearing than moving stuff around.

Comment

Got a few photos of my Tigercat in the air at Warbirds Over Texas last weekend.

Comment

Got my Maiden done and dusted after 18 MONTHS of ownership recently lol.....absolutely love how this bird flies! Also got some pics of my "Grumman Cats" this week too in the summer sun here in NZ.

Attached Files

Comment

Builda Congrats on your maiden, Builda! Your Grumman collection looks nice, very balanced and I like the contrast between all four types. What else is on your Grumman wishlist? We're proud of our association with Northrop Grumman and excited to continue developing licensed products of their distinctive and distinguished aircraft.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
            Got a few photos of my Tigercat in the air at Warbirds Over Texas last weekend.
            That's obviously the real plane at an airshow. Right?
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
              Builda Congrats on your maiden, Builda! Your Grumman collection looks nice, very balanced and I like the contrast between all four types. What else is on your Grumman wishlist? We're proud of our association with Northrop Grumman and excited to continue developing licensed products of their distinctive and distinguished aircraft.
              Alpha!! Build a Skyrocket!! The grandpap of the Tigercat. (Or a larger Panther or Intruder. HK's Avios Albatross has no landing gear, but you could do it!!)

Do you know that the Skyrocket prototype blew away the Corsair in performance trials? (The Corsair was faster) But the navy rejected it and went with the Wildcat. Interesting story here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	large.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	223052

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                Who are "We" Alpha?? Lol

cheers for the comment Re my maiden of my F7F- i always said i would get all 4 ww2 era "grumman cats". Im probably going to sell my Wildcat and my Bearcat somewhere along the line, as ive achieved that goal and i only have so much hangar space. I have thought about all of the Grumman "Jets" but im not 100% sure i can get all of them as EPO models...i haven't even looked into it but off the top of my head there is the panther, cougar, tomcat, A6 intruder...what else?? I dont like the amount of work the tomcat appears to need to have done to it either to make it the plane it shoulda been out of the box.

Comment

Builda "We" are Motion RC.

Comment

So as many might remember I lost almost my whole fleet to that garage inferno July 2018.
                    One on my prizes lost was the FL Tigercat that I modded into the -2D drone controller and was the only one (actually had the operator and not just paint) in the country.
                    Later that fall I was fortunate to be able to acquire a NIB FMS LaPatrona Tigercat for less money than the FL.
                    So this past Sept I (finally got the garage rebuilt and could play again) was able to maiden it at TwowingTJ's Warbird event.
                    So I had to have the only -2D drone controller again (and because it is a Navy bird) so here it is ready for 2020 flying.
                    The silver base of LaPatrona was a fabulous base to paint over and the perk will be if any of the blue/gold scuffs/flakes off it will expose the metallic base just like a real one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1294.JPG Views:	0 Size:	101.9 KB ID:	234436Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1295.JPG Views:	0 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	234437

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1297.JPG Views:	0 Size:	113.5 KB ID:	234438Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1296.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	234439
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I am so happy to see this, OV10! I know your first bird meant a lot to you and I truly hope this beautiful phoenix lives long! Gorgeous mods, details, and refinish!

Comment

Awesome work OV10! Glad to see another of these machines back in your fleet!

Comment

Very nice looking Warbird!

Comment

Well Done as always Charlie! Nice to see the "fleet rebuild" is progressing.

Comment

I was at a swapshop at Dayton OH yesterday and picked this up for a song. Its brand new. I am a happy camper! This thing looks incredible and the landing gear... OMG.

Name:	20200208_205022cr.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	235856

Name:	20200208_190342cr.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	235855

Comment

MD ……... Nice swap shop snag. You musta had and inside track to grab it for a song before somebody else did
                                I do the same type of shopping, more thrift and less full retail
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                  So as many might remember I lost almost my whole fleet to that garage inferno July 2018.
                                  One on my prizes lost was the FL Tigercat that I modded into the -2D drone controller and was the only one (actually had the operator and not just paint) in the country.
                                  Later that fall I was fortunate to be able to acquire a NIB FMS LaPatrona Tigercat for less money than the FL.
                                  So this past Sept I (finally got the garage rebuilt and could play again) was able to maiden it at TwowingTJ's Warbird event.
                                  So I had to have the only -2D drone controller again (and because it is a Navy bird) so here it is ready for 2020 flying.
                                  The silver base of LaPatrona was a fabulous base to paint over and the perk will be if any of the blue/gold scuffs/flakes off it will expose the metallic base just like a real one.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1294.JPG Views:	0 Size:	101.9 KB ID:	234436Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1295.JPG Views:	0 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	234437

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1297.JPG Views:	0 Size:	113.5 KB ID:	234438Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1296.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	234439
                                  Looks awesome CB!! Great to see her again, it must feel great to see the fleet coming back!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Looks awesome CB!! Great to see her again, it must feel great to see the fleet coming back!!

Grossman56
                                    Sho-nuf is Dan
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1294.JPG Views:	0 Size:	101.9 KB ID:	234436Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1295.JPG Views:	0 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	234437

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1297.JPG Views:	0 Size:	113.5 KB ID:	234438Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1296.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	234439
                                      Love the paint scheme OV10 and would appreciate any pre flight set up information.
                                      I have just put my LaPatrona together, ready to set up receiver and control surface throws. My FL tigercat has elevator mix in with the flaps. Does the FMS require any elevator mix with the flaps as the manual does not indicate any is required?
                                      Many Thanks

Comment

Bob Symes Hello Bob and glad you appreciate the drone controller scheme

Here's the DX9 flap/ele mix for the FMS Tigercat

_________________________FLAP______ELE

Pos 0 (0 degree)________100%______0%
                                        Pos1 (15 degree)________25%_______0%
                                        Pos2 (30 degree) _______-50%______-10%
                                        Speed: 4.0s
                                        Note - I always set all my control surface in degrees and not linear measurements
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                          Bob Symes Hello Bob and glad you appreciate the drone controller scheme

Here's the DX9 flap/ele mix for the FMS Tigercat

_________________________FLAP______ELE

Pos 0 (0 degree)________100%______0%
                                          Pos1 (15 degree)________25%_______0%
                                          Pos2 (30 degree) _______-50%______-10%
                                          Speed: 4.0s
                                          Note - I always set all my control surface in degrees and not linear measurements
                                          Much appreciated OV10, am looking forward to getting her in the air. Keep well and fly often. 🍻 Bob

Comment

Working...
                                          X