X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS 1700mm Tigercat

Just saw on FMS' FaceBook page tgat they are releasing a 1700mm Tigercat this year and they'll be shipping first of the year.

i don't think FlightLineRC has anything to worry about.

This is the info they posted.

FMS is proud to announce the 1700MM FMS F7F-3 Tigercat to all FMS fans. The productions will ready in late of December 2016 and released in the market in early January 2017. Here are some features come with the model. We will keep you updated on the news and if you have any question about the 1700MM F7F, please leave a comment below and we will reply on time.

1. The CNC processed shock-absorbed metal front and rear landing gear
    2. The latest retract with overcurrent protection
    3. True ratio airplane with rivets over the entire airframe
    4. Multi-connector for one-step installation
    5. The latest high-brightness LED set
    6. 99% Scaled appearance with scaled plastic parts throughout the body, e.g. the landing gear door, bomb, engine…
    7. 5 optional color schemes

I have a feeling that MotionRC will also sell the FMS one, so really, no matter which one is chosen, Motion still gets my business when the time comes. I read the Facebook page and boy, is there a lot of trash talking about FMS copying Flightline and on and on. Who knows who got the idea from who. Does it matter? So many rabid fanboys. I doubt FMS just decided to make one when they saw the intro of the FL model. As the FMS guy said, these things takes over a year to get to this point. But, there is an odd discrepancy in the release timeline. In the top intro, they state early January as the release date. Then, in the posts below, the FMS guy says "April". 3 months is a significant discrepancy. A discerning hobbyist will evaluate both fairly and buy what is best for them.

Comment

I bet both of my thumbs that it will not be an "early January" release date.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        I bet both of my thumbs that it will not be an "early January" release date.
        Hehe, my x-wife's family had a genetic history of 3 thumbs every second generation. My son was born with 3 thumbs. He could have made that bet and still had one left over to keep his bases covered. :p

Comment

I am the VOCAL hater on the FMS post. I hate them little bastards. Make a deal with the devil they have.
          AMA 1102566

Comment

IMHO, the announcement by FMS is a beautiful thing...think about it. A major player just responded to the FRC release a few days after preorders.... I'm sure that wasn't originally planned. ;) Obviously, FMS knows that they are late to the party and trying to cut into FRC sales....it's a desperate act.

Honestly, competition is a good thing and I look forward to seeing the "second" F7F-3. ;)

Having flown many FMS warbirds, I have a feeling their offering will not match the incredible flying characteristics of the FRC Tigercat....the first and the best, officially licensed F7F-3 Tigercat!!! :)

Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
              IMHO, the announcement by FMS is a beautiful thing...think about it. A major player just responded to the FRC release a few days after preorders.... I'm sure that wasn't originally planned. ;) Obviously, FMS knows that they are late to the party and trying to cut into FRC sales....it's a desperate act.

Honestly, competition is a good thing and I look forward to seeing the "second" F7F-3. ;)

Having flown many FMS warbirds, I have a feeling their offering will not match the incredible flying characteristics of the FRC Tigercat....the first and the best, officially licensed F7F-3 Tigercat!!! :)

Stay tuned.
              Hello Tony,
              I have to agree completely but I have to confess that I lost zeal for FMS over the past year because of their dumb marketing practices of escalated pricing/less value and dumping of iconic airframes which could have been very easily upgraded(F6F as an example). I became a huge advocate of FL to be the big dog on the street after they announced the 38 at the same price as the P-40B along with the promise to venture into the never modeled before arena. Since FlightLine has been setting the bar it has driven the market whereas like with the P-40B which was first introduced at $360 then rose to $400 with the HH announcement and has finally settled at the $330 mark which I think is still over priced when compared in value to the FW P-51. I am gonna get the 1500 P-47 just because they have gotten with the price/value program on this latest release and I still use FMS parts for mods quite a bit because it works for me like when I used the 1400 P-40B and P-51 struts on the FL P-38. So the next year is absolutely gonna be very interesting to see where FMS takes their product line and the bottom line is being in this hobby now with all the diverse warbird airframes to choose from is absolutely phenomenal. FMS was just recently playing us with an announcement about a 1500(1/8 scale) Bronco but within a short time clammed up and closed that thread down. That practice is where they lose a lot of us. C'mon FlightLine.......make me a Bronco, this balsa one I have don't have the scale effects I need and it won't last for ever!! Alpha and the rest of the team working in concert with FlightLine and Freewing have absolutely earned my allegiance to their product line due to the quality/value/price as well as the willingness and ability to be innovative.
              Best regards,
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I have to admit, when I first saw the FMS post ..I briefly thought "should I cancel my preorder just in case it looks better?" that moment only lasted 1.25 seconds when I came to my senses that my P38 is phenomenal, so I wont give a 3rd thought to it. Now all I need is the FL P-61 and I will be one happy camper.
                www.TSHobbies.com
                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

I've lost interest in FMS since FlightLineRC came into being. I've got the P-38, Bearcat, TA 152, Spirfire and the Tigercat on order.

I love the quality of the planes and how well they fly.

Comment

I'll wait until they are both released before I make any decisions. At least there are a few differences. From the CAD they've showed, the FMS is a 2 seater model. The gear also look fantastic. If they can make them work reliably, they will be quite impressive. Between the two, the FMS will likely be more detailed, but heavier. The FLRC version will be lighter, and therefore likely a better flier, and much cheaper. Just have to sit back and wait for more info, particularly on pricing. If it is any more than their current 1700mm lineup, that's too much for me.

Comment

Those crazy main gear retracts would be the deal breaker for me...that and I would rather support MRC.
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

My only disappointment is that FMS didn't make theirs bigger. I would have loved a huge foam electric Tigercat like my Carbon Z T-28. 1800-2000mm wingspan would have been sweet and worth the price increase for that beautiful looking scale gear and it would have plowed through even the roughest of runways. Maybe next time? There are plenty of twins..

Comment

Ditto, Alpha. I am really hoping that the wings on this one will come off as easily as they do on the Flightline. For the next one, why stop at twin? I'd be all over a 2000mm B-29 with scale gear and fowler flaps. A PBY with retracts at that size would be killer as well!

Comment

2000mm B-29 or B-24 with the detail of the TC would be wonderful.
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I'd love to see a Boeing B-50.

Comment

Good suggestions, guys, I like 'em all.

A B-29 would be neat. A B-50 conversion kit would require a taller tail fin, new nacelles for the 4360s, wing tanks.

Comment

I want an A26

Comment

I'll go out on a limb and say. I'd place my bet on Fliteline before FMS. I know, who's behind these models and the practices he does every day. It takes a certain type of individual to build a model worthy of today's society. Everyone's a critic, even myself. I agree with some of the statements here, FMS price increase and, what are you getting for that increase in price? Does anyone know, I don't see a better servo, nor do I see better paint. The list goes on and on, look at flitline; better paint, metal retracts from the start. Everything FMS claimed to be in the past is there already. Then to boot, you have a lower price! Someone designing these models for Motion RC is passionate about their or there job! The team puts in the time for people in the hobby, not just a bottom line number. I'm not always right, please don't critic my message here. I just feel Fliteline is a super product leading the way. FMS needs a serious come back attempt to earn my money. Thanks for listening. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                      2000mm B-29 or B-24 with the detail of the TC would be wonderful.
                                      I second that, a B-29 bomber would be very cool. Hey; lets copy the Apache princess size wise! 2000MM wing span would be fantastic. :)

Comment

Originally posted by starcop View Post

I second that, a B-29 bomber would be very cool. Hey; lets copy the Apache princess size wise! 2000MM wing span would be fantastic. :)
                                        That's a manageable size, I have a couple of the B-25s and can haul them with the wings on.
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                        X