Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks great RC, I have the same kit and a limited edition Pappy Boyington kit still in the box as well.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
      Hey Guys...I have been perfecting my modeling skills Rob
      R, Nice Job and the mo' skills the betterer you be.:Cool:Thank you for the tips. Might try it on my Seafire Mod. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hey Guys...I apologize in advance for hijacking this thread! Yes, I know it has nothing to do with RC, or with Spitfires, but I wanted to share the project I have been working on in addition to flying. For the last six months I have been perfecting my modeling skills on a cheap 1/32 scale Revell kit of an F4U Corsair, one of my favorite warbirds. I was using a new airbrush, and tried using different washes, chalk, and a "chipping" technique that involved spraying on silver as a pre-shade, then covering with hairspray, and then when adding the top color coat, wetting the paint and brushing it off to reveal the chip effect. I'm really happy with the result, and maybe would feel more confident spending the money on a quality Tamiya kit! Unfortunately, none of these techniques probably would work on a foam base like our RC planes. Again, I promise not to hijack again...forgive me for wanting to share my work with those who would appreciate it! Rob
        Great job!!!! Most all the techniques used on the static plastics will work fine on the foam R/C. I use a silver Sharpie for a lot of the tiny chipping. You made me want to go pull the Corsair down and go fly it!!! LOL Have a great weekend!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
          Y'all, Just a quick look at some of the 3Dp parts installed. Extended rudder Trim Tab Control Arm, Arrestor Hook Assembly, Rudder LIght Fairing with Optional Warped Rudder Top,LOL and RudderTie-Down. Excuse the black primer with a dark background. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seafire_1.jpg
Views:	866
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	157078

Name:	Seafire_2.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	157079

Name:	Seafire_3.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	157080
          [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"215","width":"405","data-attachmentid":157081}[/ATTAC
          Isn't that the wrong hook for this Mark Seafire?

On another site there is a topic complete with photos of a newly restored Spitfire, actually called a Seafire Mk III. It is gorgeous in the photos, but one thing I don't understand is how it can be a Seafire, which is the naval or carrier version of the land plane. This one shows pretty clearly in the photos and there is no tailhook, can't be sure of folding wing tips or not. The site is given as the old RAF Bentwater base in England. It is a Merlin engine which would be correct for that

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
            Isn't that the wrong hook for this Mark Seafire?
            radfordc, Why yes it is, thank you for noticing. LOLAt my skill level with 3DP CAD, it was the easiest to shape and it's a bit wide. :)I will sand it some to shape it before final paint and when I post the stl files I will revise it somewhat. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• When I 1st bought this plane I was not comfortable with it because I was a newer pilot and sold it. A year later I'm flying the Avanti , the rebel, the votec 322, and timber with ease. I miss this plane so much I went and bought another one and I'm really confident in flying it now. I do have the a 3 pro gyro and I'm gonna use on it for the 1st few flights just to get acclimated. Whenever I initialize the gyro do I need to let the plane sit in its normal downward state or do I need to hold the tail up and keep it level whenever I initialize it. It would seem to me that the gyro would be thrown off whenever the plane levels out on take off.

Comment

• This Spitfire is a beauty, here is mine!
                Tolga
                Instagram: @_t01ga_
                YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Nice job! Your weathering is thoughtful and specific...it looks very scale! Have you flown her yet? Rob

Comment

Nice job! Your weathering is thoughtful and specific...it looks very scale! Have you flown her yet? Rob
                    Thanks Rob, appreciate that. Oh yeah had many joyful flights with her. She is a keeper, that is for sure.
                    Tolga

Comment

• Copy that!!! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                        This Spitfire is a beauty, here is mine!
                        t01ga, Yours is a beauty, as well. Weathering is 'purfect-a-mundoe'. Bravo Zulu and Tally Ho. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

t01ga, Yours is a beauty, as well. Weathering is 'purfect-a-mundoe'. Bravo Zulu and Tally Ho. Best, LB
                          Thanks LB, very kind!
                          Tolga

Comment

• Back to the topic at hand, I’ve got the Admiral 4500 shoved all the way forward and at 3.5”” C.G. still slightly tail heavy. Is the C.G. pretty forgiving on this plane?

Also is there a way to search just within this thread for specific items like my question above?

Comment

• Gunner does it fly well with the cg right there or is it unstable or feel too sensitive to elevator adjustments. My experience is that cg on planes is very subjective it is more of a range or starting point then adjust until it fly’s like you want it to very few planes have an exact point they have to balance at if they do there is some issue that needs to be addressed.

Comment

• I agree...on the A-10 thread there was a lot of disagreement as to battery placement (CG) and I felt it boiled down to personal preference. Having said that, I'm one who likes it nose heavy and while I never measured the CG on the Spitfire, I have always flown with Admiral 5000's pushed all the way forward. When I have played with moving them back, even a half inch, I noticed less control of the Angle of Attack on landings, and a "squishier" feeling on the sticks. What do you guys who fly with 4500's think? Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                  Gunner does it fly well with the cg right there or is it unstable or feel too sensitive to elevator adjustments. My experience is that cg on planes is very subjective it is more of a range or starting point then adjust until it fly’s like you want it to very few planes have an exact point they have to balance at if they do there is some issue that needs to be addressed.
                                  I will be taking maiden flight later today if weather holds out. I asked be use my buddy has one and he’s flying 3300’s and he said to get the recommended C.G. those smaller batteries aren’t nearly pushed all the way forward. I think it’s close enough with 4500 shoved forward. I prefer nose heavy mostly anyways.

Comment

• I always shoot for a little nose heavy especially on the first few flights it’s like Ryan always says I get them back in one piece that way. After I get it trimmed out and more used to how a plane handles then I may start moving the battery back but I do it in small increments like a 1/4 inch at a time. Good luck on the maiden.

Comment

• Y'all, Back to work on the Spitfire/Seafire conversion and 3DPrinted a couple LED Tip Light Holders for my wing mod. Using lenses from MotionRC F-14 with modified pink foam tips. Thinking this will be the last mod before restarting assembly. WooHoo! Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0007.JPG
Views:	543
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	159373Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.JPG
Views:	524
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	159374
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I just sprayed all the interior parts (3DPUP) from Motion for my Spitty. Used Model Master RAF Interior Green. Going to drill out all the holes in the bulkheads and formers and weather components. I have the instrument panel decal from Callie and am going to add .010 glazing to the panel bezels...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                          I just sprayed all the interior parts (3DPUP) from Motion for my Spitty. Used Model Master RAF Interior Green. Going to drill out all the holes in the bulkheads and formers and weather components. I have the instrument panel decal from Callie and am going to add .010 glazing to the panel bezels...
                                          H, You can use SOBO or MicroScale Krystal Klear for your Instrument Glass. It is sooooo easy. Just fill the bezel and let it dry overnight, no cutting or sizing. In spite of the poor photography, the lenses are absolutely crystal clear. Just sayin'....:) Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0002 (2).JPG
Views:	526
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	159381Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.JPG
Views:	559
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	159382 ​​​​​​​
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X