Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That will work too!!! Thanks Bro! :Cool:

Comment

• Looking forward to finishing the Spit. I have my Warbirds Pilot in 1/8th scale ready to go in the cockpit. Head turns with the rudder servo... :-)

Comment

• Been 97 percent complete for 6 months or maybe more....

Needs the interior upgrade, pilot final install, gyro, 20 amp CC BEC and Spektrum receiver (8 channel with telemetry) and then a test ride!!!

Comment

• The maiden went pretty well for the most part. 3 clicks on elevator and a few tweaks on expo and she was flying well. Did learn she needs up elevator instead on down like most planes on flap deployment. All went well until I had a very gentle nose over. No damage to prop and tail but motor is damaged. Feels like stator magnets are loose since nothing is bent or damaged otherwise.

Comment

• Update: all ok with motor I guess there was a few grains of sand in between rotor and stator. Took motor apart, inspected everything for bent shaft or cocked bearing and all was fine. She’s ready to go back on amaother mission!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
              Been 97 percent complete for 6 months or maybe more....Needs the interior upgrade, pilot final install, gyro, 20 amp CC BEC and Spektrum receiver (8 channel with telemetry) and then a test ride!!!
              Hardway, Could these be your parts...hmmmm...maybe? Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.JPG
Views:	638
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	159473
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Y'all, Both tip lights reinstalled with 3DP housings. PIB, but looks okay once the Foam FIller is wet sanded out. Better test 'em before the lenses go on, duh. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.JPG
Views:	599
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	159515
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunner28 View Post
                  The maiden went pretty well for the most part. 3 clicks on elevator and a few tweaks on expo and she was flying well. Did learn she needs up elevator instead on down like most planes on flap deployment.
                  As a general rule high wing planes need down elevator when flaps are deployed and low wing planes need up elevator with flaps.

Comment

• Question for anyone who has torn the nose of their plane up.....

I had a mishap a few months ago with mine and I'm now getting it repaired, there is a weight buried into the foam in the nose. Based on the size of the hole that is there I'm wondering if there are two weights or just the one. Does anyone know?

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                      Question for anyone who has torn the nose of their plane up.....

I had a mishap a few months ago with mine and I'm now getting it repaired, there is a weight buried into the foam in the nose. Based on the size of the hole that is there I'm wondering if there are two weights or just the one. Does anyone know?
                      DKWSKY, I stuck a needle through the inside of the chin area forward of the motor at 8,7,6,5,4 O'Clock and only hit solidly at only 7 and 8 O'clock.
                      Hope that helps you. I presume, then, 1 weight. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• That's what I needed to know, thanks LB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                          Y'all, Both tip lights reinstalled with 3DP housings. Better test 'em before the lenses go on, duh.
                          Y'all, Seems odd quoting yourself, but worth mentioning, either to point out stupid:Loser: I am or to keep someone else from my error. Do Not Use 4.8v pack to test Red LED Nav Light. These are rated at 2.2 +/- v. Burnt out 2 and for the third time, I will replace a red LED in the Spitty's Port wing with Micro Surgery. Gotta laugh at myself here. "Well, DUH". Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• They are really bright!!! Just for about 3 miliseconds…. LOL Poof, out goes the magic smoke.....

Comment

Y'all, Seems odd quoting yourself, but worth mentioning, either to point out stupid:Loser: I am or to keep someone else from my error. Do Not Use 4.8v pack to test Red LED Nav Light. These are rated at 2.2 +/- v. Burnt out 2 and for the third time, I will replace a red LED in the Spitty's Port wing with Micro Surgery. Gotta laugh at myself here. "Well, DUH". Best, LB
                              Where did you get your replacement leds please as I cant find spares for the leds on MRC. I need to replace all three and looking for suggestions. Thanks buddy
                              Tolga
                              Instagram: @_t01ga_
                              YouTube: t01ga

Comment

Back to the topic at hand, I’ve got the Admiral 4500 shoved all the way forward and at 3.5”” C.G. still slightly tail heavy. Is the C.G. pretty forgiving on this plane?

Also is there a way to search just within this thread for specific items like my question above?
                                I use the admiral 4500 battery on mine, I slide it all the way forward and I used a few stick on weights to get the 90 cg. I don't know how forgiving this plane is. It's perfect at 90.

With just the battery fwd, what's the cg at? 95? If it's about that, I'd think you'd be OK, just trim a little down elevator. Forgive me if you know this, but at 1/2 throttle with hands off the elevator control, if the plane rises slowly, use a little down trim and you'll be OK. If the plane rises fast, trim as best you can, get down and add nose weights. But I suspect it's not too far off.

Good luck, keep us posted!

SJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheriffjohn View Post

I use the admiral 4500 battery on mine, I slide it all the way forward and I used a few stick on weights to get the 90 cg. I don't know how forgiving this plane is. It's perfect at 90.

With just the battery fwd, what's the cg at? 95? If it's about that, I'd think you'd be OK, just trim a little down elevator. Forgive me if you know this, but at 1/2 throttle with hands off the elevator control, if the plane rises slowly, use a little down trim and you'll be OK. If the plane rises fast, trim as best you can, get down and add nose weights. But I suspect it's not too far off.

Good luck, keep us posted!

SJ
                                  ive flown it about 8 times now. I moved battery back slightly and C.G. is perfect using 45 degree inverted up line test. I nosed it over 2 times Saturday but have gotten the hang of it now and switched to an AS3x RX which makes it much more enjoyable to land and fly.

Comment

ive flown it about 8 times now. I moved battery back slightly and C.G. is perfect using 45 degree inverted up line test. I nosed it over 2 times Saturday but have gotten the hang of it now and switched to an AS3x RX which makes it much more enjoyable to land and fly.
                                    Awesome!

SJ

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                                      Where did you get your replacement leds please as I cant find spares for the leds on MRC. I need to replace all three and looking for suggestions. Thanks buddy
                                      T01GA, Check URL #1 and see if this is what you need. This is where I have purchased LEDs and LED light systems for other projects. I did buy the F-16 Light Set from MotionRC (URL #2) and it has the same chip style LEDs as the Spitfire. Best, LB

1) https://www.ebay.com/itm/3W-watts-Hi...97.m4902.l9144

2) https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...-led-light-set
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

T01GA, Check URL #1 and see if this is what you need. This is where I have purchased LEDs and LED light systems for other projects. I did buy the F-16 Light Set from MotionRC (URL #2) and it has the same chip style LEDs as the Spitfire. Best, LB

1) https://www.ebay.com/itm/3W-watts-Hi...97.m4902.l9144

2) https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...-led-light-set
                                        Thanks Elbee, really appreciate that. I think URL #2 is exactly what I need. Is the white strobe light included in that set?
                                        Tolga
                                        Instagram: @_t01ga_
                                        YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• T01GA, Yeppers, I would like to see MotionRC label the lights by color and voltage, however. They could also design a single page Generic PDF Sheet including descriptions of ALL their light types with a picture of each, voltage, color etcetera and not worry about Aircraft Type. But I would also like to know what "Foil" is before anyone else. LOLSo there you have it. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X