First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMEN!!!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
      Josip, I must admit I have a self-inflicted complex myself most days,LOL I thank you for the compliment. You can do what I did, it just takes time and it is a hobby after all. Please let me know when your package arrives. It is Thanksgiving Day here in America where we give thanks to God for what He has given us. I am truly blessed and getting to know you via this hobby is just one more reason to give thanks. Best, Steve
      Hi Steve , will be informed, but I have just informed you in a private message,tanks in advance;)

Comment

• Hey Gang, Not much hobbying going on as it is/was the T-Day Weekend, however, between putting up some outdoor stuff, I am still "WEATHERING" that d@mn Seafire. It is like cleaning a 747 with a Q-Tip only in reverse. Pic of the underside of the wing and the house (so Tammes can be as pleased as I). Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	660
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	163629Click image for larger version

Name:	20181125_103728.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	163630 ​​​​​​​
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Gang, As I am reassembling my Spittie, I have noticed there is a 2-3mm gap between the spinner backplate and the fuselage. The backplate is cinched tight to the motor. Is this what y'all have experienced? Just checkin'. Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hey Gang, As I am reassembling my Spittie, I have noticed there is a 2-3mm gap between the spinner backplate and the fuselage. The backplate is cinched tight to the motor. Is this what y'all have experienced? Just checkin'. Best, LB
            I just measured mine and it is the same.... 2-3mm. Closer to 3 actually...

Comment

• Merry Christmas all!!!! It is Dec 1 already.... WOW!!

Comment

• Evening all and greetings from across the pond.
                Lovingmy Avanti S and grateful for spotting the recommended mods such as nosewheel brace etc.
                Just taken delivery of the flight line 1600 mm Spitfire and wondered if there were any suggested mods or improvements to this lovely bird ? TYIA

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Finally with my Christmas Decorations up in the hanger, the Seafire spinner mod and most of the aircraft weathering is completed. The tasks with weathering are just when the part looks shiny and new, you must make it old and worn. Twice the hobby for the same price. LOL The spinner is taken from a Spitfire Mk XIV 3Dprint by "Yellasing" (credit given where credit's due). I used the spinner stl and modified the dimensions, then added the cutouts for the props based on the Flightline backplate. I used carbon fiber tube to reinforce the center spindle. I will redesign the print to take a little weight out after a couple flight tests. This is a beautiful kit, I am still amazed by the detail. Better pics with a nod to Callie when we're done. Best, LB

Views:	663
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	164412Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	703
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	164413

Name:	IMG_0007.JPG
Views:	651
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	164414Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	739
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	164415
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Awesome!!!! Merry Christmas!!! :-)

Comment

• Dear Elbee ,your way of designing I accept as a pattern, especially since you sent me a 3D printed cockpit ... so I'm looking forward to all the upcoming '' sweet problems '' during the coupling of my pet (read Spitfire)....:Cool:

Note:How Mr.Steve has greatly cheered the old man and, also, the Spitfire lover.Thanks from the depth of my heart....your buddy Jos

Comment

Hey Y'all, Finally with my Christmas Decorations up in the hanger, the Seafire spinner mod and most of the aircraft weathering is completed. The tasks with weathering are just when the part looks shiny and new, you must make it old and worn. Twice the hobby for the same price. LOL The spinner is taken from a Spitfire Mk XIV 3Dprint by "Yellasing" (credit given where credit's due). I used the spinner stl and modified the dimensions, then added the cutouts for the props based on the Flightline backplate. I used carbon fiber tube to reinforce the center spindle. I will redesign the print to take a little weight out after a couple flight tests. This is a beautiful kit, I am still amazed by the detail. Better pics with a nod to Callie when we're done. Best, LB

Views:	663
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	164412Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	703
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	164413

Name:	IMG_0007.JPG
Views:	651
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	164414Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	739
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	164415
                        OMG! Fantastic work! Looks Amazing!!!!!
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Hey Y'all, I know, I know, LB's posting more pix...ad nauseum...though today I got power hooked up and took her out for a spin (not a check flight). Still have cannons to finish, a bit more weathering, gotta attach the Mk XIV antenna, add the cowling access panels, and glue the canopy in place. All the markings are from Callie, of course, with the exception of the roundels which match the variant well enough. Best to all at this joyous time of the year. Merry Christmas. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0011.JPG Views:	1 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	164596Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0010.JPG Views:	1 Size:	122.8 KB ID:	164597Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0012.JPG Views:	1 Size:	118.8 KB ID:	164598Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0017.JPG Views:	1 Size:	94.5 KB ID:	164599Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0018.JPG Views:	1 Size:	101.5 KB ID:	164600Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0021.JPG Views:	1 Size:	91.7 KB ID:	164601Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0022.JPG Views:	1 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	164602Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0023.JPG Views:	1 Size:	115.0 KB ID:	164603Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0029.JPG Views:	1 Size:	214.0 KB ID:	164604
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Very nice Elbee!:Cool:

Comment

• WOW !!!!!!!!
                              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Guys, is this Spit coming with stickers attached or not? I hope not, as I'd like to put different markings of my favorite pilot :)

Marek

Comment

• Originally posted by mszulen View Post
                                  Guys, is this Spit coming with stickers attached or not? I hope not, as I'd like to put different markings of my favorite pilot :)Marek
                                  MSZ, No, you need to put the markings on. Callie Graphics https://callie-graphics.com/ will custom make you anything you find and she has many different sets already. Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
                                    Dear Elbee ,your way of designing I accept as a pattern, especially since you sent me a 3D printed cockpit ... so I'm looking forward to all the upcoming '' sweet problems '' during the coupling of my pet (read Spitfire)....:Cool:Note:How Mr.Steve has greatly cheered the old man and, also, the Spitfire lover.Thanks from the depth of my heart....your buddy Jos
                                    Jo, I am impressed that you are using the "Black-Basing" technique. That works very well and actually reduces the time you would spend airbrushing panel lines. Great work, my friend. :Cool:Best, Steve
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here's also my humble weekend contribution display for all of you. I started "shyly" to assembling my Spit from the cockpit, because I noticed that the puppet chinese pilot was ''without character''....:) so I added headrest, oxygen mask , control yoke , drew eyebrows and changed color of his eyes ... ( I think so called in English !!)
                                      I wish you all a pleasant and interesting weekend.:Goodbye:

Jos

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
                                        Here's also my humble weekend contribution display for all of you. I started "shyly" to assembling my Spit from the cockpit, because I noticed that the puppet chinese pilot was ''without character''....:) so I added headrest, oxygen mask , control yoke , drew eyebrows and changed color of his eyes ... ( I think so called in English !!)
                                        I wish you all a pleasant and interesting weekend.:Goodbye: Jos
                                        Josip, You are correct, I saw your 'puppet pilot' in a cocktail bar once and he has no character at all. LOL Seriously, you are doing great work and it is just one step forward at a time. Best, Steve
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• The black basing worked great for the weathering on your Seafire. She looks like a perfectly dirty little girl. Beautiful job LB!

Comment

Working...
                                          X