X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Such a loss, but, such a life. Remember her fondly, but also remember, it's not about dying, its about living...

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Nice gift under my tree today. Big thank you to Mrs Claus.....

Comment

• Merry Christmas EVERYONE.
          Dewey l

Comment

• Made some progress:

Invasion stripes painted on - to help my old eyes with orientation in the sky - as the sky grey underside of the spit is a pretty good match for our grey sky's over Blighty (oddly enough!)
            Tail band painted on.
            Wing leading edges painted. Just need to get some red tape to simulate the err actual red tape used over the machine guns.
            Decals & clear coat next,
            I also want to add extra detail to the cockpit, but that will have to wait as my desire to get this one in the air is too strong....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPJI View Post
              Made some progress: Invasion stripes painted on - to help my old eyes with orientation in the sky - as the sky grey underside of the spit is a pretty good match for our grey sky's over Blighty (oddly enough!)Tail band painted on. Wing leading edges painted. Just need to get some red tape to simulate the err actual red tape used over the machine guns. Decals & clear coat next, I also want to add extra detail to the cockpit, but that will have to wait as my desire to get this one in the air is too strong...
              JPJI, Looks great!! Love the D-Day Stripes. Bravo Zulu and have a Merry New Years. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• JP, what color did you use for the band? Looks like Tamiya XF-21 Sky..... It sure looks great Bro!!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

JPJI, Looks great!! Love the D-Day Stripes. Bravo Zulu and have a Merry New Years. Best, LB
                  Thanks LB, Have a great New Year yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                    JP, what color did you use for the band? Looks like Tamiya XF-21 Sky..... It sure looks great Bro!!! Jerry
                    Thanks Jerry,

I could not source the duck egg green you mentioned locally, so I used the XF-21 you said was too dark, but mixed it with some white (and a drop of yellow) to lighten it up. Its almost an exact match to the spinner now.

Thanks for setting me on the right track!

Comment

• Clean and Crisp!!! :-)
                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by JPJI View Post
                        Made some progress:

Invasion stripes painted on - to help my old eyes with orientation in the sky - as the sky grey underside of the spit is a pretty good match for our grey sky's over Blighty (oddly enough!)
                        Tail band painted on.
                        Wing leading edges painted. Just need to get some red tape to simulate the err actual red tape used over the machine guns.
                        Decals & clear coat next,
                        I also want to add extra detail to the cockpit, but that will have to wait as my desire to get this one in the air is too strong....
                        Great job! Are you airbrushing? It looks beautiful! Rob

Comment

• Trust you guys had a Merry Xmas and great start to the New Year............I have just completed my build and am quite happy with the end result.

Found the left flap pushrod adjustment was way out of wack with the right one. Looked closer at the servo positions and found the left wing has an error in the moulded position. This has meant that the control horn is positioned differently to the right one. When I set up the 1/2 flap position on my radio, I found 2 mm difference between them that couldn't be adjusted out. I ended up putting each flap on separate channels to achieve even deployment. Not sure what affect the differing horn positions will have on accurate flap loadings.

As many have stated before, I couldn't get the landing gear to activate when running through the blue box. So.. the navigation lights are the only task that the box is being used for on my spit.

Callie has produced some nice decals for this livery. We worked together to scale up some of her existing stock. I will give her a couple of suggestions for further improvement which should benefit anyone else who decides to use these ones.

Just waiting on a couple of servo extensions and a set of batteries so I can get this bird in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnie View Post
                            I have just completed my build and am quite happy with the end result.
                            Arnie, She looks great. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Arnie, She looks great. Best, LB
                              Cheers LB....... They are impressive looking models, quite well detailed and very good value for your buck. I usually buy PNP's expecting to change/modify certain parts of them to get the desired performance/appearance that I'm looking for. But, the basic model needs to cut the mustard first. The finer details or lack of them, are what makes a model very good or exceptional. I'm not concerned with scale for scales sake, so this one ticks so many boxes for me. Looking forward to the maiden.

Comment

• Hi Arnie...I had the same issue with my flaps and when I looked closely at the linkage for the two flaps I noticed that the configuration of the servos and linkage were really not a mirror of each other, but actually the same. Yet the linkages were reversed from port side to starboard. So I swapped one pushrod to the other side of the horn in an effort to get more equal throw. I think it helped...check out my post #97 where I first talked about it and took a picture. Hope that helps! Rob

Comment

• Hi Rob....Thanks for the feedback on the flaps. I have taken the same approach with mine. Still couldn't achieve equal throws without removing the servo and repositioning it, but I wasn't prepared to go there.

Using individual channels helped......... Still don't like the plastic horns moulded into different leverage points on each flap. This must affect surface loading and deflection at different airspeeds. It's something we could do without when landing in windy conditions.;)

Comment

• Hi Guys.

I am new on hoobysquawk:)

My Name is Robert ( but please ROB) i am from Austria/Tirol and i am 31 years old. ( so sorry for my not perfect english:))

I fly warbirds about 5 years now an i love it.

So i also have purchased a wonderful Spitfire MK IX from flightline.

I want to build the clipped Version with Cockpit upgrade and a new decalset from callie graphic

The plane is the Spitfire MK IX ML 417 RAF from 1944

Does anyone know what colors I can take for the new clipped wingtips and the Cockpit ?

The color of the wingtip should be the Colors of the flightline wing, does anyone know what colors they are

Thanks a lot and regards from the snowy TIROL

Rob

Comment

• TG, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. The colors listed are RAF Ocean Gray, RAF Dark Green, RAF Sky Type S, RAF Interior Green. I do Not know what paints you have available, though here we typically match colors at Home Depot, a national chain home improvement store. That is to say, take parts of your aircraft or a sample of Model Paint to the store and they will color match what you want. Buy the "Sample Size" at about $5 USD per color. The RAF Interior Green is both lighter and bluer than US Zinc Chromate Green, though you can do as I did and lighten that color and add a bit of blue to achieve the desired color. As for your particular variant, as close as I can find, ML417 was ordered from VIckers-Armstrongs, Castle Bromwich on May 28th, 1942 and the contract was completed with Spitfire ML425 May 22, 1944. I hope I have helped and your choice of livery is outstanding. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hello Rob , welcome onboard ,you are my neighbor (Kroatien) and in Austria I bought my Spit 1600 freewing . You got it all handy, and not expensive as in the NL warehouse.š.Also ,Here you will feel good because US modelers are eager to help their colleagues ... God Bless America, All the Best, Happy Christmas and New Year,Jos
                                        Note: https://www.d-m-t.at/flugzeuge/motor...1600-mm-detail ....But you already know that ;)

Comment

TG, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. The colors listed are RAF Ocean Gray, RAF Dark Green, RAF Sky Type S, RAF Interior Green. I do Not know what paints you have available, though here we typically match colors at Home Depot, a national chain home improvement store. That is to say, take parts of your aircraft or a sample of Model Paint to the store and they will color match what you want. Buy the "Sample Size" at about $5 USD per color. The RAF Interior Green is both lighter and bluer than US Zinc Chromate Green, though you can do as I did and lighten that color and add a bit of blue to achieve the desired color. As for your particular variant, as close as I can find, ML417 was ordered from VIckers-Armstrongs, Castle Bromwich on May 28th, 1942 and the contract was completed with Spitfire ML425 May 22, 1944. I hope I have helped and your choice of livery is outstanding. Best, LB

Hello

Tanks a Lot for the Information.

the color schould be no Problem to get in europe, because the spitfire is an european or an uk fighter

Thanks a lot then i will search for the right colors

regards from austria

Rob

Comment

Working...
                                          X